Notices

Sober Friends Weekender -Weekenders 27 - 30 September 2019

Old 09-28-2019, 09:31 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Mr

Have a good sober Sunday weekenders.

It's been just over two weeks for me now but feeling much better. Doing things differently this time.

Great to see some old weekenders back posting
Old 09-28-2019, 10:35 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, I hope your headache goes soon and you can catch some more sleep.

Mariposa, great job on working through the cravings...and congratulations on 8 weeks!

Vman I’m pleased you’re feeling better.

We’ve got rain here too, it’s forecast for the day, on and off. Yaay
Old 09-28-2019, 11:20 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Same from me Kaily

Well done Mar.

A lovely day here- about 24C- gentle breeze. Went for a surprisingly long walk. I usually get really sore after about 45m- from burns damage etc...today I went for 2 hours.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:20 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 8 weeks mariposa! I hope the headache has gon Kaily, it really is pouring down this morning. Well done on two hours PhoenixJ, it sounds like some healing has taken place.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:44 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone.

Glad to hear your mobility has improved Phoenix.

I am going on a wet woodland walk shortly.
Old 09-29-2019, 02:01 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Congrats on 8 weeks Mariposa

Good to see you MB, I am feeling pretty much the same way and just going through the motions.

Have a super sober sunday all xx
Old 09-29-2019, 04:20 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

it must be hard right now but hope you find a little more joy this week, Manta...endings are always beginnings too

you too MB

D
Old 09-29-2019, 04:57 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

VMan, I'm so happy you're gaining some traction. Whatever the "different" is, keep doing it.

Rain, huh? I live in a rain forest. Everyone in the country is moving here, so it must be a pretty nice rain forest (and it is, I love it here) but it does make for challenging walks in the Fall/Winter. Walks and sobriety on a Sunday sounds like about the perfect day to me.

I will go to the gorilla Keepers' Talk at 11 at the zoo, then probably do a little food prep for the week. The most recent scuttlebutt going around the gorilla visitors is that two of the gorillas are pregnant. I hope I can get official clarity today. I usually refrain from *squee* but I'd make an exception.

Kaily, I'm often up at 2. It's annoying but at least my heart isn't trying to roll out of my chest at 2AM like it did when I drank. That was so scary.

Sunday is my favorite day by far. Drinking would absolutely ruin it, so I won't do that.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:42 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday friends

Just watching the lake wake up.

It’s funny to me that the tourists leave just as the weather starts getting nice—cooler and less humid.

Neighbors are all gone too on either side so I feel like the only human witness to the beautiful morning that’s building. Still some insect noise but the coyotes quit singing at first light. Now the birds are starting their daily chatter and a lone fisherman appeared for a moment as he motored past me, headed out for his day of peace on the water.

Dogs and are hanging on the screened porch, and they are watching everything, including me on that second large bulletproof coffee.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:42 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Happy Sunday morning, I was up a 7 am to feed the dog but then crawled back into bed for an hour. It's gray and rainy outside. I need to do some car maintenance, but that's not happening today. Guess I'll putter in the workshop and play with my Ukuleles.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:51 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday morning weekenders! I hope everyone has a good day, especially if you have a headache or something or have been struggling with sleep

That sleep thing is elusive for me, but the last 2 nights have been better than average.

It's really a nice day here - after moving out to AZ from the east coast, I', still getting used to watching football at 10:00am!!

VMan, congrats on the 2 weeks
Old 09-29-2019, 08:15 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Rainy Sunday.

First sober Sunday for a very long time. Weather is cold and wet. Looks like I’ll be surfing the couch with the dogs. Have a great day.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:18 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday, it’s yoga 🧘*♀️ time for me here. Feeling accomplished making it to the gym everyday this weekend. Later I’m going to get a head start on work for the week.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:59 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Welcome Jeniket.

It's noon here and I've done nothing but lay about. Really trying to accept it and not beat myself up for not doing something productive.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:56 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Welcome Jeniket, well done on your sober Sunday. First of many I hope.

Dragon have the day off, no guilt and no jobs. Relax and enjoy!

I have felt a bit off all day. Think it might be my body missing my normal chocolate based food . Never eaten so many veg in all my life.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:42 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Jeniket, hopefully this sober Sunday will be the first of many.

bim - you forced me to visit Google, not heard of "squee" Fingers crossed about the gorillas.

I went to a place east of me called Ilford this morning to watch my eldest granddaughter in(8yrs) play mini football in the mud, it is a 7-a-side version of the game. She had some trouble in understanding that she was there as a player not the referee
Old 09-29-2019, 03:44 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Just when I was worrying about doing something productive... work calls. Technical issues, have the big guns on the line now so just sittin' waiting... good thing I have an emergency food stash.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:57 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Well, the zookeepers can't/won't talk about actual pregnancies. The way she phrased certain things leads me to think one of the gorillas is pregnant. Not the one we thought it would be! We just have to wait and see what happens. Always a fun thing, zoo babies. They hired three new humans to help with gorillas, so something's up.

I ate too many snack foods today. Of course, that's relative. Exactly how many is, "too many" ?

Night Weekenders. Another successfully sober weekend in the book.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:48 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Welcome Jeni
Old 09-29-2019, 10:25 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Jeniket and welcome. Monday’s are great after a sober weekend.

Bim it must be exciting at the zoo with a baby gorilla due. We gets news on tv if a baby has been born at any of the few zoos around the country and many people gather, hoping for a glimpse of them.

PJ, I’m pleased you’re enjoying your walks. You must’ve been pleasantly pleased how you’ve progressed.

Dragon I like your new avatar!

Start of a new week and it looks like a wet rainy one is on the cards.