Notices

Sober Friends Weekender -Weekenders 27 - 30 September 2019

Old 09-29-2019, 11:47 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Wow we have a new dragon.

Bim exciting times at the Zoo. Three new humans seems a lot for one baby. Maybe it's twins.

Mita hope your sleep keeps improving, sleepless nights are so long.

MB I hope you get your mojo back soon. Life is tough.

I didn't know you have Grandchildren Sao. Must be lovely.

Glad your feeling a better now Vman.

Happy Monday everyone.
Old 09-30-2019, 03:52 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good morning, Happy September 30th!
yes, Sober Monday mornings never get old.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:10 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Morning

Off for a long work day.
Feeling pretty darn good considering
Old 09-30-2019, 05:17 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

So, gorillas.

There are two of the adult females who are off birth control. From all I can gather one is definitely pregnant. Could be both of them. Could be twins. Dunno. The last infant gorilla took 24/7 care for the first few months as its mom didn't take care of it at first. If that happens with two or more little ones, three new humans won't be enough!

I'm on Myfitnesspal in the forums as well. I lost quite a lot of weight many years ago and I still go to the forums because it's too easy to slip back into bad habits if I don't keep my weight and nutrition at the front of my mind. This morning there was a young woman posting about how depressed she is and how she's tired of the whole process, still has 100 pounds to lose, and she sounded just like a Day One post here. Scary how easy it is to forget. I'm glad she posted as I've been feeling like maybe a few pounds wouldn't be so bad if I got to eat more...The eff its as Manta called it.

Doubling down now on my nutrition. I would live on wheat, sugar, and dairy if I let down my guard.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:27 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Happy Monday, Weekenders!

Sober weekends that lead to sober Monday mornings are the best. I think back and remember how miserable Mondays used to be. Well, toward the end, pretty much every day was miserable, because every day was an excuse to drink. But weekends were "off to the races." I wonder if I ever fooled anyone when I called in "sick" on Mondays?? Probably not. Not sure how I got away with it for so long. Never got let go from a job in my life.

I overdid the cheating on my eating plan this weekend. (I don't call it a diet.) I feel yucky this morning. I guess eggs benedict for breakfast and crusty bread with brie as part of my dinner last night (which also included pasta!) wasn't the greatest idea. Amazing how it affects me when I eat more carbs than I'm used to now. I have lost all of the weight I wanted to now, but I'd like to not put it back on, and I really do feel better when I keep the carbs low. So, back to the plan today.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:01 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hey Weekenders!! Thanks so much for all the great posts this weekend. Monday is Monday, but it's better with a clear head

Hey Kaily. Yeah, that poor sleep makes for long nights - it's definitely getting better lately. I have this theory that once you have kids you never really sleep well again. Ever. Haha
Old 09-30-2019, 08:26 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Love and greetings, all.

Been very busy here on the family front but positive work.

Can’t believe that we will be welcoming October tomorrow.

Sober Tobers Rock.

Miss all of you very much.

Old 09-30-2019, 08:28 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

MLD, I have been doing a good deal of Comfort Eating lately and the results haven’t been pretty.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:14 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Leigh, good to see you, love the cake!
Old 09-30-2019, 09:19 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you Leigh!

MITA I hope your sleeping routine continues to improve. I find it it debilitating when I don't sleep well. I need to be strict with myself about looking at smartphone screens once the evening gets later as it doesn't help matters.

I didn't know you have Grandchildren Sao. Must be lovely
It is Kaily but I don't get to see them as often as I would like. I get on OK with both daughters, not great, not badly. They rightly took their mums side when we split up. Another negative legacy of my drinking days.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:03 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi gang - checking in after a quiet sober weekend. What a blessing.

Today marks nine months for me. I wish I could share some revelatory insights but as many of you have experienced it's more a case of steady progress at this stage.

Many things have been going well but I'm feeling a bit lost. A lot of my previous hobbies and interests have started to return from 20 years ago before I started drinking. Of course this is good and will hopefully lead to opportunities if combined with a dose of hard work and determination. It has though highlighted the fact that I have been in a state of developmental and emotional stasis for most of this time.

Who am I really? Where do I go from now? How can I possibly make up for lost time? What do others think of me now? Where do I turn for guidance? So many questions.

Still, I'm told that nine to twelve months is a time of progress and discovery in these areas so I'll just have to wait and see. I'll be doing my best gratefully one day at a time.

Thank you all for being here. Forwards.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:29 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so pleased to read that Forwards - congrats on 9 months

D
Old 09-30-2019, 07:11 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Congrats on Nine months Forwards!
Old 09-30-2019, 08:06 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Mr

Congratulations to you Forwards.
Wishing you lots more steady and happy progress !
Old 09-30-2019, 08:07 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Magsie

Forwards congratulations on 9 months!
Old 09-30-2019, 08:40 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Sheepishly sneaking in here after not posting on the thread all weekend. But I've been around, reading and stuff. I don't know why I don't participate more, but coming back to this thread always feels comforting. Like, here are my friends who are all doing their thing like they always are. It's nice.

Anyway, good to catch up real quick before I got to sleep. Forwards, excellent job on 9 months.

Will check in tomorrow, I swear.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:39 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Morning all

Well done on 9 months Forwards, there is only one month difference between us. I am at 10 months today.

Sao sorry you don't get to see your children/grandchildren as much as you would like.
My relationship with my daughter is difficult and we rarely communicate. She is actively drinking and I have no idea how to help her. I haven't actually seen her for nearly 3 years. She lives in Suffolk and never comes home. I don't have the confidence to drive that far. Catch twenty two.

Nice to see you dpac.

I have lost 4 lbs in 5 days. I realise its way easier the first few days. I am missing the crunch of carbs, a crispy chip, toast and peanut butter and chocolate. Yesterday for dinner I had salmon, red cabbage, asparagus and tomatoes. Followed by a few strawberries with cream. Nice.

Visited my Dad yesterday. Found him boiling the kettle plugged into the communal electric again. It is so infuriating. He also travelled on 3 buses to save £5 on a £20 shop. He is obsessive about money of which he has plenty. More importantly his health is failing but he is choosing to ignore that. It is difficult to know what to do.

Hope everyone has a good day
Old 09-30-2019, 11:04 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Edit. I am actually 11 months today not 10, I lost count!
Old 09-30-2019, 11:12 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

Kaily Congratulations on 10 months
I wonder if your dad enjoys what he’s doing, with the electric amd buses? My step mum doesn’t put her heating on but has her gas fire on in the room she is in. So the rest of her home is very cold in winter. She can afford the heating on but no idea why she doesn’t.

Hi dpac
Old 09-30-2019, 11:56 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 11 months Kaily

D