Notices

Sober Friends Weekender -Weekenders 27 - 30 September 2019

Old 10-02-2019, 09:18 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning all.
Stay safe Manta Lady.
I joined the Oct 2019 class yay. I have been wanting to post in a class for a while. The weekender has been my only thread for the last 2 years I reckon. I really appreciate everybody here. And thanks for putting up with me too.

Bisous
Old 10-02-2019, 10:55 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning Weekenders, I hope you change your mind MantaLady, you will always be welcome here.

Congratulations on joining the October support thread VMan, it helped me a lot in thr early days to share with folks in an identical situation.

Work bekons, time is short.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:08 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its great to see you posting again HealthyandSober

D
Old 10-02-2019, 11:16 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Stay well Manta.

Bim I looked in on Eagle cam last year after you posted the link. It is beautiful but me being admittedly over sensitive at times I watch on tender hooks in case the nest comes under attack. Same way I struggle to watch nature programmes. Just call me an ostrich.

Sao what a beautiful day for your Uncles flight yesterday, perfect.

Forwards I too recommended SR to various to Alcohol services when I attended. I am not sure how much notice they took. I also told them about AVRT but it didn't seem to be in their radar. I guess they have to stick within the official guidelines.

Vman great that you have joined the October class. I was resistant to the classes for a long time, then when I did actually commit to one fully it was a huge help to me getting and staying sober. I do hope you continue to post here as well.

Sad to see other than positive stuff being posted about SR, makes me feel sad and uneasy. I think it is such a great resource and well run. There are without doubt triggers just as there are in real life. Makes me question my judgement.

Good Thursday everyone.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:17 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Exhibition came down today at the hospital. Closure- I will not share that art again in public- done. I have been invited to do an exhibition in a city community centre- so planning over the Xmas break to do stuff that is mindful- about now and maybe the future- with a positive spin. No more bloodied burns garments...
Old 10-02-2019, 11:28 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Administrator

New day, Mags, new day

D
Old 10-02-2019, 11:59 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Magsie

I remember when I discovered SR, wow. I was slightly confused, fog brain but that was coming off the booze. I stayed in threads I felt safe and didn’t wander around.

Members suggested other reads on SR but I was kinda worried I wouldn’t find my place again and most recommends came without links.

I made it my aim to get to a year and join the Overs thread. I’ve been in it for around 5 odd years and I have come to dearly care about everyone there and we share daily stuff, good and bad.

I really didn’t wander much other threads except for women only occasionally. I met Snoozy there then lost her when I stayed on Overs.

Then one day FormerBeerLover or FBL as we know him said he had a radio interview about his alcoholism and PM’d us a link if we wanted. I listened to it, he mentioned SR and that he went on the gratitude thread everyday.

Well I knew I was grateful but thought I’d give it a go.
As the days went by and reading others Grats, just everyday stuff we take for granted, I grew in sobriety. I don’t know how but it happened. I am humbler too, if that makes sense.

Since then I found the Weekender thread, purely by someone mentioning it.

Now I go all over SoberRecovery, to be honest I have the time and the inclination. But I still don’t know all of it.

And sometimes I find it hard, I recognise some who may slip. I wanted to save everyone, I know I can’t so I do what I think is the next best thing...encouragement to stay sober.

I hope my opening posts don’t offend, upset or annoy anyone but if it does please let me know, a pm or here. I know many of you are ‘Straight John Blunt’.

See you soon on the new thread coming in an hour.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:08 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Administrator

No complaints here Mags - you do a great job and I for one am grateful for it
D
Old 10-03-2019, 12:40 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Nicely put Mags.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:06 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Here's the link to the new thread:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...er-2019-a.html (When the wind blows how strong are your roots, Weekender - Weekenders 04 - 07 October 2019)
Old 10-03-2019, 04:09 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Mr

I really appreciate you're OP's Mags just like I appreciated Sao's when he used to open.

I do miss Gilmer on the weekender but then again I suppose who doesn't miss Gilmer.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:41 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Thanks Hawkeye & to everyone else who has made me feel very welcome

Sao what a fantastic present,im sure he was thrilled with it .

Dpac, i couldnt do the 12 steps, but if you are going to AA and getting something out of it , then take it for what it is as something must be working for you.

We are all different and dont need to put everything in the same box.
So dont feel weird :-) keep doing what you are doing xx

Ill have a look at Alpha Os. Keto info , do you have the link Hawk?
I dont think its for me if i cant eat bread , I'd surely shrivel up and die

But ill have a squiz anyhow and take what i can from it.
Perhaps my dear friend Mags ( who knows more than i ever will about finding and posting pics will help me with AOs link ) Ta Mags

I hope your asthma is better today lovely.

Well its midnight now in little ole Adelaide and busy day again tomorrow so night all xx

Old 10-03-2019, 07:49 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Snoozy, clickety here for AO's thread:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...hanger-me.html (Ketogenic diet was a game changer for me.)

Also, below is the link to the NEW Weekenders for this week:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...er-2019-a.html (When the wind blows how strong are your roots, Weekender - Weekenders 04 - 07 October 2019)
Old 10-03-2019, 08:26 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Bim