# 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you poured out the wine Press - I think you'll look back and be glad

D
Old 06-16-2019, 10:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Well done for taking the steps to help yourself you can do this
i know feeling vulnerable isn't a good feeling but if you can look into helping yourself try and get yourself help either AA and going to your dr talk about what is going on for you ...my heart hurts to hear of suicide by anyone i lost a loved one to suicide my prayers is with you and thoese who have lost there son
Old 06-17-2019, 01:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pressmetilihurt View Post
Thank you. All of you. I hate feeling vulnerable.
understandable and relatable. its not a feeling that will kill ya,though-you can get through the feelings that are going to occur. let them happen and accept them. you can also learn about yourself through them.

now you can get into actions for recovery and get back to doin the things you used to enjoy.might even find new things to enjoy.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:38 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

How are you today Press? Crying is fine- and I totally understand the vulnerable feelings. Someone (even sort of close to you) dies from this disease, you are struggling to quit, regret mingles with fear and even despair....it's brutal.

That's when I had to have help. A lot of it. I still need help, in different and equally important ways.

What are your plans for today? You don't have to be someone who loses your life to our disease. Glad you are sharing here.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Without you guys I'd be so alone. Drinking numbs that feeling. Goals for today. Take naltrexone. Go to work. Don't drink. Pay rent. Sounds very unfun.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Accepting Life on Life's terms gave me some peace and control over not picking up.

You seem to be bored easily--at least that is a word you use quite often when posting about sobriety.

You have never responded to my numerous suggestions about cultivating a deeper inner life / relationship with yourself. You aren't bored often or easily when you do that.

It seems you need to something differently if you want different results press--
What about trying this idea, or at least posting why you don't want to consider it.

Wishing you all the best as always--
Old 06-17-2019, 09:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Take naltrexone. Go to work. Don't drink. Pay rent. Sounds very unfun.

well, that's kinda life.....it's Monday and for those of us fortunate enough to have a job, it's suck it up time. I know when my husband left out of the house at 5:30 this morning he wasn't singin' show tunes!! sounded a lot more like "I don't wanna!!" - but he said that with his lunch box and coffee mug while headed to the car.

one little motivational trick i use t get ME to the car is audiobooks!!! before i even turn the car on, i power up the program on my phone, and hook it up to the stereo. normally i listen to fiction, but right now i am "learning spanish in my car" so it's like a classroom on wheels.

fun is an attitude. an outlook. not something some outside force does to us or for us.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I poured out the wine. I feel like crying. I'm not sure if those two are related. I went for a very slow jog/walk today. Here's a list of things I used to enjoy and have stopped doing: cycling in the hills, river rafting, parties, volunteer work, hiking, camping, graduate school, journalling, exercise programs, swimming,....
If you continue working towards sobriety, those things will come back. I gave up jogging, working out, and my love for music. Once I got my head clear all those passions returned.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:47 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

It's 2:46. I am... irritated and discontent. If I hadn't taken the naltrexone I might be headed to bar. Ugh. The thought makes me sick.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:04 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Keep posting. You are in the right place.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:59 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Life is as fun as you want to make it and that goes for a sober life as much as a drunk one Press.

Everyone feels irritable and discontent in the beginning - but it gets better. Noone would stay sober if it didn't.

I had to build a sober life I loved - a life I didn't want to escape from - maybe it's worth thinking about what that would look like for you & what you need to get there?

D
Old 06-17-2019, 08:21 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Accepting Life on Life's terms gave me some peace and control over not picking up.

You seem to be bored easily--at least that is a word you use quite often when posting about sobriety.

You have never responded to my numerous suggestions about cultivating a deeper inner life / relationship with yourself. You aren't bored often or easily when you do that.

It seems you need to something differently if you want different results press--
What about trying this idea, or at least posting why you don't want to consider it.

Wishing you all the best as always--
Yes, I do notice that I am "bored" often. It's true just sitting with myself and having feelings..is where I struggle. It's like looking in an abyss and I get scared. So, developing a relationship with myself is more than just sitting on the couch watching TV I take it. Probably something to do with meditation.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:26 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

It's 8:22pm. I was in a fog of tiredness all day. I went to work. It was dreary. everything I look at is not good enough. My car is old with scratches. My job.. cubicles. Enough said. Ok. What did I do for my sobriety? This and I didn't drink.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:17 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Double post
Old 06-17-2019, 09:18 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

its really hard to work out whether the lack of motivation/boredom is withdrawal or part of a bigger depression picture, press.

Either way it may take total abstinence, a little waiting - and faith you're doing the right thing - to find out.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:27 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

It's 8:22pm. I was in a fog of tiredness all day. I went to work. It was dreary. everything I look at is not good enough. My car is old with scratches. My job.. cubicles. Enough said. Ok. What did I do for my sobriety? This and I didn't drink.
Imagine if you where stranded in the woods for over a week starving to death and finally managed to escape. If that had happened to you I am willing to bet that you would savor every breath of life after that. Maybe you are overdue for an experience such as this.

Because people in the West tend to take comforts for granted and then they say they are bored but that sort of attitude is from a lack of gratitude.

Imagine how much worse your life would be if some tragedy struck you such as a car accident where you lose your legs amputation or something like that.

I have noticed people with a non gratitude mindset end up in such tragic situations like I described, they seem to attract a near-death experience almost like a magnet. And they end up with an "attitude adjustment" but they get it the hard way.

Anyways, snap out of that boredom thing. You have alot more control over your mindset than you may think. Hope some of these words are helpful. Your friend that commited suicide....its too late for him. But its not too late for YOU.

Tommorrow you can bounce out of bed in the morning and start a new chapter in your life. You can become a completely different person, a NEW person. A postive thinker. A highly efficient and productive over-achiever. Just image a magical spell will be cast over you tonight and when you wake up in the morning your life will be COMPLETELY new.

Anybody reading this post can CHOOSE this experience. You are the architect of your life

Tomorrow morning can begin a NEW chapter. If you so choose
Old 06-18-2019, 07:24 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I want to want to be a positive thinking overachiever. I will do something different today. Perhaps a museum at lunch. Something. Will report back. I feel nauseous from my medication which why I stop taking it. I'm told that goes away.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:30 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Still here. Went to a recovery circle at Kaiser. It's not an AA meeting.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:41 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

small steps are still steps Press

D
Old 06-18-2019, 10:11 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

10:04pm. Laying in bed. I brushed my dogs teeth! I'm happy not to be drunk. That's all. Like when u stop banging your head against the wall. I need a hobby. I have 3 guitars but can barely play. I'm not excited about anything. I hate hangovers. I hate waking up in the middle of the night to guzzle water. I hate being a wreck at work. I hate hiding and lying. I hate spiralling into depression. I wish I could snap my fingers and be a monk. Someone mentioned gratitude. So true. I am in a bed. I'm full. I have shelter. A dog. A job. Water. Legs. Eyesight. So many things I don't think about. It's hard to step outside the box. Nite.