Notices

Class of May 2019 Part One

Old 05-20-2019, 10:55 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Crazy NBA night, if the Raptors hadn't won in 2nd OT, I'd have been done.
A bit of a packed week ahead but looking forward to put it behind and see what's next.
Day 36, having headaches lately (caffeine withdrawal?) but hopefully they'll pass. Have no cravings to drink or even eat today yet, pretty mundane but good day so far. A bit of sun would make it better.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:38 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Too

I'm here again. Every time I drink, I end up suffering. It's a form of self abuse, I guess. The morning after, quite predictably, I end up repeating, almost babbling, that I have to kill myself. I get in a downward spiral. Three days sober and I start to definitely come out of it. I need to get out of it.

I have a plan. I'm going to spend a lot of time here, and go to AA. I am going to meditate, and there are everyday things that I call, Life Points, that I am going to focus on, like drinking enough water, exercising, showering, brushing my teeth, etc.

This is a difficult beginning. I can't believe how much I drank yesterday. For what? By myself! Dammit!

This is Day 1. It's time to end the idiocy. It's time to seek help.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:37 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Hi Caprice- another new week. Let’s make it a good one ☝️

Hi Too. I wish you all the best in day 1. It’s worth fighting for your sobriety ..or accepting that alcohol always beats you.

I have a troubled week ahead. I am attending a hen party this Friday. It’s my best friend’s friends party and I organised it about a year ago when I was drinking very heavily. The itinary is full of alcohol drinking opportunities. From bar hopping to cocktail making class.. ending with a private seating area in a nightclub with free vodka all night😨😨😨

I am dreading it.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:41 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Too View Post
I'm here again. Every time I drink, I end up suffering. It's a form of self abuse, I guess. The morning after, quite predictably, I end up repeating, almost babbling, that I have to kill myself. I get in a downward spiral. Three days sober and I start to definitely come out of it. I need to get out of it.

I have a plan. I'm going to spend a lot of time here, and go to AA. I am going to meditate, and there are everyday things that I call, Life Points, that I am going to focus on, like drinking enough water, exercising, showering, brushing my teeth, etc.

This is a difficult beginning. I can't believe how much I drank yesterday. For what? By myself! Dammit!

This is Day 1. It's time to end the idiocy. It's time to seek help.
everyone has their own sobriety plan and I have tried them all. AA is saving my life right now . It’s a good start to your sobriety to attend AA meetings. I like their spiritual program because it alters your way of thinking
Old 05-20-2019, 04:43 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Too

Opalblue - if you're going to this thing, have a plan.

Think about likely scenarios, think about how you might respond...questionas about why you're not drinking, people pushing drinks on you, think about FOMO (fear of missing out) cravings and how you might deal with those...

and have an escape plan - nothing's more important that keeping your recovery intact.

D
Old 05-20-2019, 04:52 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Just want everyone to know i still dont feel good, i drank friday night why am i still feeling ****** monday ugh. It doesn’t matter why. What matters is when i had my 10, 11 so on days of sobriety I was HAPPY. Hopefully i can shake this off by tomorrow n then like Dee says i have to be ready go change what im willing to do.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:27 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Administrator

not to scare you LLG but kindling is a real thing - the more years we drink the worse our withdrawals can be.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...lly-again.html (Tolerance and kindling - Why alcoholics can't drink normally again)

by the end of my drinking it was taking most of the week to feel ok again between benders.

D
Old 05-20-2019, 09:41 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 2.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:05 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Welcone newcomers My original classmates still around, Im proud of everyone here, whether you guys are keepin sober or admitting your setbacks and fighting back. We struggle together but we will also succeed together!

Day 23
Just been so busy lately, that my mind hasnt been occupied by alcohol.
Monday blues, had a craving just randomly but shook it off. Feeling more invigorated and productive at wrk. Gout is FINALLY clearing up after 3 weeks of back and forth flare ups. New meds are helping I guess. Looking forward to finally hit the gym again God willing. Have a great week guys.

--Dean
Old 05-21-2019, 12:24 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome Too

Opalblue - if you're going to this thing, have a plan.

Think about likely scenarios, think about how you might respond...questionas about why you're not drinking, people pushing drinks on you, think about FOMO (fear of missing out) cravings and how you might deal with those...

and have an escape plan - nothing's more important that keeping your recovery intact.

D
Thanks Dee . I have made a sobriety plan to help me get through this nightmare. I am supposed to be travelling with 9 other girls in a minivan to the venue and dropped back home with the mini van two days later . So this is my plan of action
1. I will drive to the venue so I can leave when I need to. I have made up a story so that I can leave the next day .
2. Will tell the girls that I am on strong antibiotics and I can’t drink
3. Will Make sure I buy lovely mocktails
4.. Constantly tap into my higher power and remind myself that if I drink I die. Simple as that

Old 05-21-2019, 12:27 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LiveLikeGold6 View Post
Just want everyone to know i still dont feel good, i drank friday night why am i still feeling ****** monday ugh. It doesn’t matter why. What matters is when i had my 10, 11 so on days of sobriety I was HAPPY. Hopefully i can shake this off by tomorrow n then like Dee says i have to be ready go change what im willing to do.
I am rooting for you . I remember that feeling well .
Old 05-21-2019, 12:29 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KremlinDusk View Post
Welcone newcomers My original classmates still around, Im proud of everyone here, whether you guys are keepin sober or admitting your setbacks and fighting back. We struggle together but we will also succeed together!

Day 23
Just been so busy lately, that my mind hasnt been occupied by alcohol.
Monday blues, had a craving just randomly but shook it off. Feeling more invigorated and productive at wrk. Gout is FINALLY clearing up after 3 weeks of back and forth flare ups. New meds are helping I guess. Looking forward to finally hit the gym again God willing. Have a great week guys.

--Dean
Hi Dean. I am on day 23 also. How is your sleep pattern. I have been suffering from insomnia but I think it’s regulating now. What about your mood swings?
Old 05-21-2019, 12:55 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

hi opal! good to see you're still around and you have airtight plan
My sleep has been weird. I get better quality sleep but I suffer intermittently from insomnia too. only slept 4 hrs last night. My moods have leveled off, less anxiety. BUT ever since I quit Ive been craving the HELL out if sweets. I rarely ate them prior but the other day I stocked up a bag full of chocolate bars, MMs and cookies -_-

have you experience any craving fir sweet?
Old 05-21-2019, 12:58 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Back again after a 7month stint in rehab, relapsed for 4months then got off it through AA and gym for 4months, drank again madly a week ago for a week and am on day 2 now. I will try and learn from mistakes I have made. Just feel incredibly tired, down and a sense of guilt as I let my friend down badly to do with work etc... Just sick and tired of these horrendous withdrawal weeks....
Old 05-21-2019, 01:13 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like the makings of a good plan - you can also duck into the loo and post to us if needs be.

I'm sorry for all that struggle but I am really glad you have made it back 1stepup - welcome back

D
Old 05-21-2019, 05:13 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KremlinDusk View Post
hi opal! good to see you're still around and you have airtight plan
My sleep has been weird. I get better quality sleep but I suffer intermittently from insomnia too. only slept 4 hrs last night. My moods have leveled off, less anxiety. BUT ever since I quit Ive been craving the HELL out if sweets. I rarely ate them prior but the other day I stocked up a bag full of chocolate bars, MMs and cookies -_-

have you experience any craving fir sweet?
it’s like you took the words out of my mouth. I sleep an average of 4 to 5 hours . I have the odd cat nap when I can but I still feel tired . My mood swings are starting to level out but I reckon it’s going to take another month to feel mentally better. Living sober isn’t easy. And yes! I crave sugar. I am obsessed with cakes. They taste amazingly good in my sobriety ?! Oh well if it means I put on some weight the so be it . It’s worth the serenity I feel from sobriety
Old 05-21-2019, 05:16 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Back again after a 7month stint in rehab, relapsed for 4months then got off it through AA and gym for 4months, drank again madly a week ago for a week and am on day 2 now. I will try and learn from mistakes I have made. Just feel incredibly tired, down and a sense of guilt as I let my friend down badly to do with work etc... Just sick and tired of these horrendous withdrawal weeks....
Hey I remember you from a class that I attended a few years back. So glad to see you posting again. My drinking career has been one hell of a car crash but I am hoping that I have retired permanently. Please stick around 😊
Old 05-21-2019, 07:34 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

I had to watch Game of Thrones 3 separate times last night because I kept falling asleep. I was so disappointed in the end result. I am on to a new show, 'Chernobyl', which is brilliant in case anyone needs a recommendation to pass the time detoxing.

Nice and sunny here. The panhandlers are out in full force here in Toronto so you know it's a nice day!
Old 05-21-2019, 09:54 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Canuck76 View Post
I had to watch Game of Thrones 3 separate times last night because I kept falling asleep. I was so disappointed in the end result. I am on to a new show, 'Chernobyl', which is brilliant in case anyone needs a recommendation to pass the time detoxing.

Nice and sunny here. The panhandlers are out in full force here in Toronto so you know it's a nice day!
Glad you posted can't imagine watching that episode 3 times and not drinking ha ha. I was a big fan of Dexter. If Dexter was a train wreck this was a plane crash!

Day 11 here by the way!
Old 05-21-2019, 12:23 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Just checking in.

Waiting on dr. K. I hate waiting.

Day 37.

Cheers.