Notices

Class of May 2019 Part One

Old 05-24-2019, 11:07 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Checking in
Old 05-24-2019, 11:41 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Morning all. Joining this group if you’ll have me?

36 hours in. Repeated attempts at sobriety in past twelve months. Feel embarrassed and ashamed to be back here. Anxious and physically ropey (of course!) but I’m not without hope

I’m busy this morning then taking my lad out for a bit this afternoon, then in early evening to watch box sets on TV

Have a good one people
Old 05-25-2019, 12:03 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

A warm welcome Be123! Please don’t feel shy or embarrassed, you’ll see many of us are back from another go around but eager to make this our last.

its friday night im home watching tv eating semi nutritiously cleaned up a bit am sober and I didn’t turn to stone yay!! Night all.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:56 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Good morning, everybody!

Hi 5upersonic, have a good Saturday.

Welcome Be123. Enjoy the time with your son this afternoon and then your tv marathon. What series are you watching?

Welcome Hopingwishing. Make a solid plan on how to deal with things and then you won't need to hope or wish. Have a good Saturday!

I've woken up to a bright sunny day here in Madrid. I had a night in and went to bed early, I was so tired. Now I'm going to enjoy breakfast and plan what to do today, which is so much nicer than being in bed with a hangover, feeling physically ill and in self-hate mode!

I'm keeping up with my idea of doing new things. A couple of weeks ago I found a place where they have free classical music concerts. I went yesterday to one at lunchtime and loved it! Ohhh, and talking of trying new things, Caprice and I think Canuck too, this will make you laugh, yesterday I Googled NBA I think I might read a bit more over the weekend, though I can't promise to understand any of it!

Have a good day everyone and focus on how much better the weekend will be if it's hangover free!
Old 05-25-2019, 12:56 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Be

D
Old 05-25-2019, 01:36 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Welcome Be! It's the morning of day 6and starting to have some clarity, has a decent sleep which helps. It's bank holiday weekend here in UK and looking forward to a quiet one, and eating well with a meeting planned for tomorrow evening.

Have a great day all, be good to get to know everyone in this class, I always say it's a tightrope the first week then it gets easier so here 's to us all keeping on keeping on....
Old 05-25-2019, 02:47 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Good morning all! Welcome Be! It's the morning of day 6and starting to have some clarity, has a decent sleep which helps. It's bank holiday weekend here in UK and looking forward to a quiet one, and eating well with a meeting planned for tomorrow evening.

Have a great day all, be good to get to know everyone in this class, I always say it's a tightrope the first week then it gets easier so here 's to us all keeping on keeping on....
Good to hear that you've had a good night's sleep. Enjoy the long weekend. I hope you get some decent weather for it!
Old 05-25-2019, 02:56 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 3 here and feeling a little bit better again. My motto is going to be to not ever go back to day 1!

Wow Caprice, that was quite the story. Once I have given in mentally, I don't even think laziness would have stopped me. Good for you.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:23 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

for anyone new to monthly threads - we close threads at around 500 posts to stop them from becoming too unwieldy. We then immediately open a part 2

Part two for this thread is here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html

D