Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

‘Staying Sober this weekend together’-Weekender Thread 12 - 15 April 2019

Notices

‘Staying Sober this weekend together’-Weekender Thread 12 - 15 April 2019

Old 04-13-2019, 06:50 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Slept pretty awful last night but at least no hangover!

Happy weekend all
Old 04-13-2019, 06:54 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

hang in there Bim. if that State says you're okay, they don't have any reason to lie, so try to believe them. uncertainty where the outcome is outside our control is tough though, so sending you good thoughts.

all fine here. I'm a bit sleepy today, but in the gand scheme of things, I can live with that.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:34 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Lots of newly sober people this weekend, sounds like your all doing well and getting through those difficult early days. Good stuff!

Manta I gave up smoking 12 years ago, I used patches and a plastic cigarette thingy which helped me with the habit side of things. It took me a long time to get off the patches but I got there eventually. Nowadays people seem to find vaping helps them give up, maybe worth a try.

PJ If ever I have a hospital dilemma of frozen butter I will know exactly what to do .

Bim officialdom absolutely terrifies me, I dread the postman everyday. Those over complicated forms are mistakes in the making. You have my sympathy and I hope it all goes away very quickly.

I have had a productive day. I have cleaned all the bathroom tiles (long overdue) cut the grass and walked the dogs.

Oh and stayed sober!
Old 04-13-2019, 07:58 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hmm...stuff. I'm moving to the halfway house today (another step in the process). My "stuff" is pretty paltry. I do miss my stuff that's in storage. mostly my cookware. In a few months...
Old 04-13-2019, 08:36 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hi folks

Off out to a local gig later, we've been to a few over the past month or two. My AV has been very quiet lately, I'm hoping that I've Rational Recovery'd it to death but I'm well prepared if/when the Beast does rear its ugly head again.

Coming up to 11 months now and doing ok. Still have health issues that are being looked into and having a bone marrow biopsy soon which will hopefully let me know how things stand. Have no real symptoms that suggest anything sinister is going on but time will tell.

Hope that you all have a great, safe and sober weekend!

Take care,

John
Old 04-13-2019, 11:03 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Anotherexcuse! Congratulations on 7 days.

Good to see your sense of humour is holding up PhoenixJ.

I second what Dragon says about completing those last two shifts MidnightBlue.

bim, I know things are different in the States but i'm sure the very worst would be that you have to pay any overpayment back in instalments. No jail.

Good luck with the ciggies MantaLady, my friend used prescription tablets called Champix or something. He said they were horrible and kept him awake all night while he was taking them but they were really effective, the thought of a cigarette made him nauseous. That was a few years ago now.

Enjoy your gig John.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:19 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Magsie

John I had a bone marrow biopsy a couple months ago. You’re right, it gives the docs a better picture they can’t always get in blood tests.
Enjoy your gig tonight.
Old 04-13-2019, 03:50 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Welcoome to weekenders, I take it you like to fish? I own a rod and reel but it's never seen the water....
Oh yea love to fish! Still holding on here. Lots of pop this weekend. Didn't sleep at all last night.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:37 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Weekenders

Sunday morning, well my clock says predawn, so pretty early!

Having my morning coffee, or two! Just pondering on my headache from a cold and how, in the past, when I drank, the headaches were always self inflicted drink binges. Followed by painkillers and thoughts of my next binge.
Soooo pleased I got away from the booze before it killed me.

Wishing all the Weekenders a sober Sunday.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:53 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

get well soon Mags
welcome Catch 847~!

D
Old 04-13-2019, 10:25 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I hope your cold clears up soon Mags!

Well done catch847, being as active as you can helps with the insomnia. It is a problem in early sobriety.

Here is where I play Crazy Golf on Friday Nights. It looks strange early in the morning without the throngs of people and the bright lights and hubbub when I am usually there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20190414_061739.jpg (45.9 KB, 31 views)
Old 04-13-2019, 10:36 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Magsie

Saou, I love crazy golf, never seen an indoor one though! Good idea.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:39 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hi weekenders
and welcome to the newcomers

MB I’m really glad things are looking up for you, it’s great to hear I personally would do those couple of shifts, to keep in the good books in case I needed it in future, but it’s totally your call.

Bim, I hope everything works out ok. And remember the saying that Dee has put up a few times. “It will all work out ok in the end. It it’s not ok, it’s not the end “.

Manta I used nicotine gums for a couple of years when I stopped smoking. They really worked for me. I slowly (over a year or so) weaned myself down off them, cutting them into smaller pieces, then intermittently replacing them with regular sugar free gum over time until I slowly weaned off them too. The whole process took a few years, but I’m really glad I did it

I’m on 11 months sober today. The AV was acting up big time yesterday when my partner was having a beer but I managed to kick it out of the house. Again. I’m so glad to wake up sober today. Sober Sunday morning is great
Old 04-13-2019, 10:55 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Morning all,

A nice sunny morning so far but frost on the grass ~ cold for April.

I have hurt my back, its ok-ish until I bend so I am moving about like an ironing board!

Hope your cold goes quickly Mags
Old 04-13-2019, 11:10 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Administrator

Feel better soon Kaily

D
Old 04-14-2019, 12:00 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Hi it's nearly 8am UK
I've stayed sober so far this weekend, just today to get through
I'm now day 12
A few things planned today and at least my husband is at home.
My usual Sunday starts with grocery shopping where I will get 1 bottle of wine for him for dinner and 1 for me, plus a "secret" bottle to graze on during the day and maybe one or 2 of the "mini" bottles just in case I run out.
Today I will swerve the wine isle as I am determined to stay sober today.
Have a lovely Sunday everyone.
Old 04-14-2019, 12:06 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you pinky

D
Old 04-14-2019, 12:43 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Magsie

Pinky, exactly what I used to do too! Avoided the alcohol aisles. Nice one!

Kaily, thanks! Hope you’re back is soon better.
Old 04-14-2019, 01:09 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders.

Sorry to come straight to my own issues but I can't shake it off.

Last night I had a big roller-coaster moment with Hell Maybe.

He called me at about 10 p.m. and right away I could tell that he was tipsy.

It turned out that he and his pals he is playing soccer with had a get together after the game and drank way too much.

We had overall civil conversation, as he put it: "My thoughts got cleared already but the tongue can't catch up".

Yeah, it surely couldn't.

When we finished the call I got all pissed off because I was really looking to our time together today. And when a person is still drunk to certain extent at 10 p.m. I can guess that he is probably won't be in his top emotional and overall shape next day.

And I am really not up to spending time with someone who is recovering from hungover -be it hell maybe, hell yes, and doesn't matter hell who. I have enough on my plate.

So, I just turned my phone off and going to focus on getting more online gigs because financial issues are not going away anytime soon. I don't want to discuss with him why I am not crazy about going out with him today - can't afford this emotional spending at the moment.

Childish? Maybe.

But I am still in survival mode.

As for those two shifts - thank you for advice, guys, and I totally understand the logic, but.. Still not sure.

Anyway, sorry for the rant.

Have a great sober Sunday, everyone!
Old 04-14-2019, 01:33 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Magsie

Midnight, do you think you might want to text him or call, let him know you can’t make it today? .... He may just come round concerned about you today otherwise?