Notices

Weekender Thread 29 March - 01 April 2019

Old 03-31-2019, 11:28 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Good job COR!!!

Checking in for a completed Day 4! Feeling a cold coming on...so I pretty much stayed in bed all day, resting. Then I went to Starbucks to write a little and catch up with an AA friend.

Came home, made food and watched a movie and am almost ready for bed!

Excited for the week before I travel to Sydney!!! Going to a meeting tomorrow!

Goodnight!
Old 03-31-2019, 11:28 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Morning all,

I find it fascinating that we all come together from such different parts of the world on this forum.

I was interested in MesaMans Billion Dollar Highway in Colorado the other day and Captains South African sunset.

STDragon I just looked up Manitoba as I had no idea where it even was. It looks so beautiful especially the amazing waterfalls you have. Pretty cold though.

We are all dotted about the world yet share the same problem with the addictive substance that is alcohol and support each other through it. Its a great place.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:30 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

lovely Autumnal late afternoon here in Adelaide.

Support to all.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:54 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Morning All! Can’t believe it’s April and we’re due another snowfall this week! Good job I have coal and wood left over from winter or my utility bills would be going through the roof.

First day in the office with that chap back (he was made to work from home for the rest of the week last week after the meeting) so we’ll see how that goes lol.

Have a wonderful sober Monday people and keep up the good fight xx
Old 04-01-2019, 02:36 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

hope it goes well for you Manta.

it's a lovely sunny Spring morning here, hard to imagine that.you have snow forecast!

take care everyone.
Old 04-01-2019, 03:08 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

How’s the new job going Andy / MB?x
Old 04-01-2019, 03:28 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Magsie

Manta, hope all goes well at work.

The weather has gone really cold and dull here now, looks like it may rain. Not heard about snow though, I wonder if you’re more north than I am Manta?

Niclin great news on day 4.
Old 04-01-2019, 03:59 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good morning, happy April 1st. Today is Mrs. Dragons B-day. April fools is outlawed in the dragon household.
Old 04-01-2019, 04:47 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Good morning, happy April 1st. Today is Mrs. Dragons B-day. April fools is outlawed in the dragon household.
Yes, well that's a sensible thought.

Monday morning and no hangover. That is a very good thing.
Old 04-01-2019, 06:20 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Hi Gang!

I did get a kayak on Saturday. And paddle and life vest. I got the kayak I really wanted, for about $200 less than list price! Big sale, and another discount on top of that, because I signed up for one of those "discount" clubs that cost $30 a year. It will get me discounts at a lot of places, and more than paid for itself just on Saturday. The sale was also on the life vest and paddle, so in all, I saved about $320 off regular prices. The kayak weighs more than I really wanted, but fishing kayaks do tend to weigh more, and this is one of the lightest fishing kayaks you can get. I am currently researching carrying racks for the top of my car, and I think I have found one that will assist with getting it up there by myself. Man friend has a truck, so we were able to put it in there to get it home. I can't wait to get out and give it a try!
Old 04-01-2019, 09:22 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Saou, do you take the underground for work? When I visit London I take the underground, it’s so quick, then again I have no idea where I am most of the time!
I do indeed Mags, I have been a strap hanger for more years than care to think. Old Street is station. It's on the Northern Line which is the deepest, ergo the hottest and sweatiest in the summer.

It has been another fine day here but the last one for a while I understand. This is the first year that I did not get my annual bonus. Things really need to start picking up soon.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:23 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Magsie

Saou, we had our bonus stopped at the steelworks. They used to be a nice addition. Hope you get yours!

The temperature has certainly dropped here in North Lincolnshire. I hope it doesn’t go too cold for all the new plants coming through.

Midnight, I hope your temporary job went ok.

I’m going to have an early night and finish reading this book I downloaded. See you later.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:29 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

G'nite, Mags. Sorry about your bonus, Sao. I'm not following the whole financial thing in the EU/UK. Hope it gets sorted.

It's not quite noon here and I am working on a resentment over the construction noise and all the men outside my windows. I think it's time to get out the house!

Blessings.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:44 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Mrs D. gets a christmas bonus every year. But then in the new year the company calcuates the percentage of her annual raise then knocks off the bonus before appyling it to her salary. What a cheek! But she did get a big bonus one year after a large project was completed. My company never gives bonuses. But every once in a bluemoon we will get a gift card for dinner or tickets to a Jets game (Thats how I got to go last week) for no particular reason. Better to expect nothing I s'pose.

Welp, g'night. Stay sober my friends....
Old 04-01-2019, 07:47 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Hi Gang!

I did get a kayak on Saturday. And paddle and life vest. I got the kayak I really wanted, for about $200 less than list price! Big sale, and another discount on top of that, because I signed up for one of those "discount" clubs that cost $30 a year. It will get me discounts at a lot of places, and more than paid for itself just on Saturday. The sale was also on the life vest and paddle, so in all, I saved about $320 off regular prices. The kayak weighs more than I really wanted, but fishing kayaks do tend to weigh more, and this is one of the lightest fishing kayaks you can get. I am currently researching carrying racks for the top of my car, and I think I have found one that will assist with getting it up there by myself. Man friend has a truck, so we were able to put it in there to get it home. I can't wait to get out and give it a try!
A couple of pool noodles and rope? Kidding. Sounds really exciting MLD, Happy paddling!
Old 04-01-2019, 10:48 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
saoutchik

There is some fog outside this morning though it is beginning to clear. It is rubbish collection/recycling day today. They left some bins out last week which has attracted everyone else's rubbish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20190402_064702.jpg (45.2 KB, 32 views)
Old 04-01-2019, 11:00 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning all.
Busy with life and work.
Raining away here this morning.
Five people died and 14 are critical in a retirement home near where I live. Food poisoning apparently. I hope they get to the bottom of it. The old people were paying 3000€ a month to get poisoned. Mad.

That poem was mad the other day Snazzy

Well anyways work is going well. My trips to paris were a success and I had a good meeting with management yesterday...
I am in a big corporate company and so I firmly believe that work is what I make it like in a lot of really big companies...

Welcome to the new weekenders.

It's off to school in the rain for now.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:38 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Brrrr...it’s flipping chilly here and raining, just making me want a duvet day! Called Alfie in last night and he was being shifty coming up the street and realised he had a mouthful, a small and terrified baby field mouse! I took it off him and put the mouse in the field and he was not happy at all! He spent the next hour crying loudly and looking behind/under everything in the house looking for it.

Hope everyone has a good day xx
Old 04-01-2019, 11:45 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

It is weird weather here, hot one day and cool breezes the next. Might have contributed to this nasty cold I have!

Nonetheless, being able to skip it to the beach IS PRETTY NICE!
Old 04-01-2019, 11:55 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Magsie

Cold here this morning and I think the pollen must be high as the old asthma is suffering.

Saou, our refuse collectors won’t collect loose rubbish unless in the correct recycling container/wheelie bin.

Bim, I get you about the house the workmen making... I live in a quiet village but they’ve squeezed a bungalow in someone’s garden, hence the noise...I try not to notice it!

Have a good sober Tuesday.