Notices

Weekender Thread 29 March - 01 April 2019

Old 03-30-2019, 01:16 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Morning lovely weekenders! It’s grey and foggy and pretty cold in the north U.K. today and my gusto to dig the allotment has been dampened somewhat. I am taking my mum for a full English at the local greasy spoon this morning for mother’s day which she is really chuffed with lol. I did originally book a nice restaurant for Sunday but they landed it on us that it was a set menu for the day and my mum said “I ain’t being told what to eat, I wanna choose what I want” haha. She’s funny and a bit of a rebel so a greasy spoon it is!

Anyhow, hope everyone is having a wonderful sober Saturday xx
Old 03-30-2019, 01:28 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning weekenders.
Beautiful weather here near Toulouse Manta
God stop talking full english. I think I would swap the sun and the blue sky for a full English this morning...

Welcome to the weekender all the new arrivals...

Nice to see you back among us Leigh.

And bonne anniversaire Mrs Haddock et bon appétit
Old 03-30-2019, 02:08 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

it's a lovely sunny morning down south in the UK & I get to enjoy it hangover-free.

the clocks change tonight for us EU-ites, so lighter evenings from tomorrow - yay!
Old 03-30-2019, 02:56 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders!
Count me in for this April's Fool sober weekend!
Old 03-30-2019, 03:00 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Greasy food- that old Brit show about the vet James Herriot, a newie in an old country area, and his clients keep feeding him fatty bacon- until he is nauseous. One fat farmer says appreciatingly to his wife on eating another fork full of fatty bacon....in a heavy brogue- '...nought better than feel fat run down back of throat'.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:08 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Morning all,

My plans are to cut the grass when the dew dries enough, 3rd time this year already. Walk my dogs somewhere nice in the lovely sunshine we have today and maybe go look at tv's or maybe not.

Went shopping early and everyone was buying flowers at greatly inflated prices. I never really had a Mum, well I did but she died before I was old enough to form any memory's, I don't even have a photo. I often wonder what she was like and if we would of been close.
Old 03-30-2019, 04:13 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, this could be the day you see the TV! sorry about your mum

It’s been sunny here since first thing, midway of U.K. though it was a tad cold to start with.
Old 03-30-2019, 04:54 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Mr

You could probably do a masters degree in choosing a TV these days...
We got a new one December 2017. It's a Sony Bravia 140cm 4K UHD with voice command. Pretty pleased with it tbh. You could probably by it today for half the price I paid for it. But that's the thing bout tv's....

Me too sorry to hear that about your mom.
Old 03-30-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Smile Making plans

Checking in for a sober weekend in New England, complete with gray skies and cool temperatures. Making plans to keep busy: daughter visiting, seeing other family, taking a long drive, antique shopping and checking in with SR.
Wishing everyone a blessed sober weekend.
Old 03-30-2019, 05:21 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

The EU voted this week to drop the clock change so I think next year is the last year they will do daylight savings time! I hope the U.K. follows the same as it plays havoc with my inner body clock! x
Old 03-30-2019, 05:27 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Mags1;7154147]Hi Chrissy, good idea to have some dinner, helps keep the cravings at bay. My husband watches GOT and is eagerly awaiting the last series showing in April.

Hi Mags1,
I am eagerly waiting as well. This is my 3rd time watching (is that my addictive personality showing?) but I was able to get my husband to commit watching it before the season premier! Hopefully we can fit it all in!
Old 03-30-2019, 05:31 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good morning Weekenders! It's a lovely day here in North NJ. Temps are going up and the clouds should break by noon! I'm going to clean up the deck, fill my bird feeders and enjoy the quiet, and lack of a hangover.

I hope you all enjoy your day!
Old 03-30-2019, 06:04 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Interesting to read that the EU is dropping the clock change. It may take some time, but the rest of the world is bound to follow!
Old 03-30-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Good to have you along, Lena, for a go at another sober weekend.

Nice also to see some newcomers as well as many of the usual suspects. A shout out though to our friends Snazzy, Midnight Willow, Bim, tetra, WaterOx and others that I’d love to hear from!
Old 03-30-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

It's already 8am here. Plans so far are breakfast, then some cleanup and a trip to the recyclers. After that a trip to the thrift shop to see if I can find a proper stove top tea kettle. Not for tea though, I need something that can produce a steady stream of steam for bending wood...
Old 03-30-2019, 06:13 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Nice one Dragon. That sounds like hardcore home carpenting you’ve got going on there. Imagine bending your own wood with steam! Wish I knew a bit more on the subject of joinery.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:17 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Sober Saturday morning never gets old. 265 of them in a row now.

Also, Saturday means the construction crew is gone for two days. Thank you baby Jesus.

I can't imagine a teapot spewing enough steam...this sounds like a job for McGuyver-Mesa.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:22 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
After that a trip to the thrift shop to see if I can find a proper stove top tea kettle. Not for tea though, I need something that can produce a steady stream of steam for bending wood...
Dragon, did I miss something or are you crafting a ukulele? Now that would be taking it to the next level!
Old 03-30-2019, 06:38 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
You could probably do a masters degree in choosing a TV these days...
We got a new one December 2017. It's a Sony Bravia 140cm 4K UHD with voice command. Pretty pleased with it tbh. You could probably by it today for half the price I paid for it. But that's the thing bout tv's....
That's on my shortlist except smaller. The size is the hold up now, fluctuating between 43" or 49". I ended up ordering a new tv stand that I didn't know I wanted, so I am waiting for that to arrive before making a final decision (I think.)

Manta I'm sure I heard that the UK are sticking to daylight saving unfortunately.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:48 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hee hee, Bim...

NOT Wood-bending Mesa checking in, here. I've been known to steam out a spiffy White Shirt while abroad while using my Dual Voltage Clothes Steamer. But, that's about it. I even made a lil Loop to enable hanging a Hook-free Hotel Hanger w/Shirt over the Shower Rod in my preferred low-key Hotels after doing Sink Laundry. Funk always beat fancy in my World.

I took some Pals to Scotland. He didn't go so much for aspects of a Full Scottish Brekkie. While the Lady of the B&B was in the Kitchen, he poured out the Beans into a Potted Plant adjacent.

In my Book, The Gamble House is like the Vatican of Wood Creativity sans any sort of Metal Fasteners. Built in Pasadena for the Gamble Clan - of Proctor & Gamble - to get out of the Midwest seasonally to beat Old School Ailments like Tuberculosis , and Pleurisy. The Rose Parade runs nearby...

~ Gamble House Interior Pix ~