Notices

Weekender Thread 29 March - 01 April 2019

Old 04-04-2019, 07:02 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Foam roller, WeThinkNot. I get them sometimes when my electrolytes are out of balance.

I use a tennis ball on the floor to work out that knot. Otherwise there will be no leg day for me!

Now, about my painfully sore toe...

We're amassing a pretty good injured list.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:05 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WeThinkNot View Post
Does anybody ever get awoken by a debilitating calf cramp? You're supposed to get on your feet to put weight on it when you feel it coming on. I was too late and the pain was something else, I think I bit through my pillow.

Now I'm having my morning coffee but my calf is going to be sore and Thursday is leg day at the gym for me. #firstworldproblems I know...
Just had one earlier this week. Helps to flex my toes up toward the ceiling as best I can and try to straighten my leg, or reach down and grab onto your toes and try to straighten. Usually they come on too fast to be able to jump out of bed. Plenty of water and a banana a day can help too, esp if working out regularly
Old 04-04-2019, 07:36 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

From building this Solar-run House, I got some occasional Cramps. Still do from hiking Ravines with MesaDog, or such activity bursts. THEE solution: bite through a Generic Aspirin, and chase it down with plenty of Water. Cramp gone in 3 or 4 Minutes. 100% effective. Miraculous.

We're in a stretch of nice Weather, so Spring Has Sprung. See below. There's some outrageous Blooms on the Paddle Cactus around, so I'll see what I can capture in a Pic.

Gotta write a couple of large Checks for Federal and State Taxes due, but c'ext la vie. *Fun costs Money*, as I like to say. At least we're in the Home Stretch on that Annual Monetary Exorcism.

Parts are flowing in now to build out a Solar Power System I designed for a Pal's Truck Camper. It will allow them to disappear off the Grid, and camp 'wherever'. His current setup is replacing the VW Van they used to hang out in some Years ago. As we do, they live simply when Boondocking. That made my design job easier. Progressive Childhood Diabetes is taking his Eyesight slowly, so we're hustling to get this job done pronto. Next Month, we're all heading out together to remote Utah. I see more of that happening as his Wife takes over Driving while we provide the security of getting them in/out of remote spots. Kind of a neat Mission I'm stepping up to in Sobriety.

As an unrelated blivet, I woke up thinking about this arresting Song...

~ Shut Your Eyes ~ Snow Patrol ~

Old 04-04-2019, 08:16 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

LOVE that song.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:46 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Magsie

Originally Posted by WeThinkNot View Post
Does anybody ever get awoken by a debilitating calf cramp? You're supposed to get on your feet to put weight on it when you feel it coming on. I was too late and the pain was something else, I think I bit through my pillow.

Now I'm having my morning coffee but my calf is going to be sore and Thursday is leg day at the gym for me. #firstworldproblems I know...
Hi WeThinkNot,
This sounds crazy but I read it on the internet and when I tried it, it stopped my leg cramp.
When you have leg cramp, pinch your top lip(just under your nose!)
I read this and did not altogether believe it, but when I got one of my cramps, I tried it... the cramps subsided. It is worth a try.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:29 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders WeThinkNot!

One of my co-workers threw a massive wobbler this afternoon over incorrect production sheets (instructions basically) which meant she had to do a job twice. Some things were thrown, other things kicked. I was relieved not to be the source of her anger but even so I stayed well clear of all afternoon. It was quite funny actually.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:29 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Mr

It was 3°c this morning and it might be colder tomorrow morning. My mother in law apparently has snow in the yard. I hope we don't get one of those late winters with frost killing all the fruit trees, flowers and plants...
And besides I think I have about enough firewood for maybe 2 weeks...

Have to ask : how did the pillow taste WeThinkNot...?

Goodnight all.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:02 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Have to ask : how did the pillow taste WeThinkNot...?

Goodnight all.
Lol the sharp pain was overriding my sense of taste so I have no answer for that.

Next time it happens I'll try to remember to pinch my upper lip. I can never jump out of bed fast enough.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:05 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

a late check-in from me - it must be nearly time for the next thread. all good here, pretty tired from work, but it's going well & it's nice to have some money in my pocket for a change!

how's your troublesome colleague this week Manta?

how much longer do you have construction happening outside your window Bim? seems like it's been going on a while.

hope everyone is doing well.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:07 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

FML. Construction could be months more.

It started on Jan 2. They're nowhere near done. Today was a partial install of my new back door, so - you know - they'll be back at it tomorrow. It really shouldn't take two days to install a door. Yesterday it was one window next to the computer and some kind of loud door prep on the front door. At 7:30 am. I share walls with other units, so I have to hear their noise too, plus I'm on the top floor end so I get the outside banging on four sides. Scaffolding on three sides, guys are walking around and yelling all day. Thanks for asking. Ugh.

I'm glad you like your job, andyh.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:12 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Just think of the joy you'll feel when it's all over Bimini...

Interesting solution Mags. I read somewhere, probably on a running forum, that the quinine in tonic water prevents night time leg cramps.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:11 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Mr

Really glad you're job is going well Andy.

Goodnight weekenders
Old 04-04-2019, 09:41 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Magsie

Time for a new thread here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...il-2019-a.html (Weekender Thread 05 - 08 April 2019)
Old 04-05-2019, 03:31 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

thanks Mags
Old 04-15-2019, 02:08 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Greetings, all.

Hey, another Sober Weekend under our belts - not too shabby!

Love to all.