Notices

Weekender Thread 8-11 February 2019

Old 02-10-2019, 11:30 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

morning all

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Have a sober and as non-stressful as possible Monday.
I have an in-person interview this morning - sober is a certainty, non-stressful maybe not so much
Old 02-10-2019, 11:39 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Good luck with your interview, Andy. And breathe.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:03 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Best of luck Andy! x
Old 02-11-2019, 12:16 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Good luck Andy!
Old 02-11-2019, 12:30 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

It’s my 8 months sober day today. Going to go out for a long walk with my pockets stuffed with wild birdseed to feed the hungry little British birds on the way. That might sound really sad and boring but I wouldn’t swap it for a hangover if you paid me a million pounds! One of the most wonderful feelings the more and more sober days I get is not waking up with that sick to the pit of my stomach feeling on what I have said and done. It’s truly liberating.

Hope everyone is well this fine Monday morning xx
Old 02-11-2019, 12:42 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

yay - congrats on eight months Manta

that doesn't sound sad at all - that sounds like a lovely way to spend your day & to be grateful for what sobriety gives us. have fun & hope the weather is kind to you.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:05 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Congrats, Manta!

I agree with Andy - this doesn't sound sad and boring at all. I would swap it for a day in the office any day too. There's no much freedom wearing golden cuffs, let alone not so golden ones.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:17 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

good one Manta
Old 02-11-2019, 03:36 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes Andy & congrats Manta

D
Old 02-11-2019, 03:40 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Mr

Likewise Manta and Andy
Old 02-11-2019, 03:47 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good luck Andy, breath and relax. Congrats on 8 months Manta.

Good morning all, We have a long weekeing coming up. Louis Riel Day in Manitoba and 'Family Day' in most of Canada.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:39 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Pretty successful weekend for me. Craved alcohol Saturday evening, but it was just out of pure boredom. Once I found something to do, I was fine. Day 171 for me today! Happy Monday to all!
Old 02-11-2019, 07:19 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone;

Nice sober weekend--it's been raining and I find that relaxing.
Now knocking out some work from home to get a jump start on going back to the office tomorrow morning.

I did take time to walk the dogs, play with the puppy, watch some silly TV on netflix, and drink an extra cup of coffee. Still only 9:15 am my time as I'm a very early riser

I'm going to concentrate hard this next month on changing some serious procrastination / avoidance habits I perfected while drinking.
Another thing that simply doesn't serve any longer. . .

Good luck andyh and Manta, that morning walk sounds like a perfect start to the day for me

MB, still bittersweet or has the sweetness ebbed back in?
Taking a risk isn't always about opening your guard for a punch--it's also about closing critical distance to have fun sparring

Sao, would love to see some photos of the redo color and furnishings if you don't mind sharing.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:20 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Congratulations, Manta!

And congratulations for staying sober at the airport and on the plane, Willow! I used to use anxiety about flying as an excuse to drink like a fish while flying. In actuality, I don't really have that much anxiety about trips or flying, it turns out. It was just a handy excuse. I have done several flights and trips since getting sober, and it does get easier.

My weekend was very nice, except that the weather was crummy yesterday and kept us closer to home than we wanted to be. We are in a very snowy pattern right now. We have had over 2 FEET of snow since last week. More coming tonight. Not sure how much, but probably at least 6 inches. Initial forecasts were saying 12-18, but they have walked that back some. I'm sick of it. I wouldn't mind so much if I were not responsible for snow removal at my house. Thanks goodness for a functioning snow blower.

A bit of the Monday blues today, could have used another day off. Oh, well.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:03 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Will do Hawkeye.

Good luck in the interview AndyH!

A rare half decent day at work after an early minor heart attack when I thought that I had underpriced job. Fortunately it turned out to be a typo.

Well done to everyone for not drinking or using and for anyone thinking about taking the big step do post here or somewhere on SR for support and advice - fellow addicts can be more informative about how to stay sober than medical professionals.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:04 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Congrats Manta and good luck Andy! I made it through the "close call" last night. Upon reflection this morning, I realized that I was Hungry (no dinner), Angry (at my husband, Lonely (he left the house to "clear his head) and Tired (I had just woken up from a nap) (HALT)....the perfect set up to drink. I did not stop at our little store to buy a bottle of wine, which is what I was about to do and would have done 4 days ago. AND....hubby couldn't say, "it's the booze talking", which he has said many times in the past. Today all is well and I WILL get those taxes done! I am also going to "get a life". I isolated myself, pretty much while drinking, not wanting others to see how much I drank, not wanting to drive,not wanting to do ANYTHING. Today I am relatively clear headed, motivated, and sober (day 4). Whew!
Old 02-11-2019, 10:29 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Mr

Congratulations on day 4 trudgingAgain!

How did the interview go Andy. ?
Old 02-11-2019, 11:36 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Sober since October

I am back from the gym - two hours of boxing and functional training. Feels good.

WhoDey - Boredom is a vicious trigger. It is useful to keep a list of go-to activities to immediately turn to when cravings hit.

Marty - Hope the weather improves soon. I would use some sunshine myself.

Hawkeye - Your day sounds so peaceful and sybaritic) I certainly can relate to ongoing battle with procrastination. I don't remember who said that "Procrastination is a deadly sin", but I agree even though I don't believe in deadly sins)

My, you know the juice of boxing fun.

As for bitterness - it is caused primarily by my uncertainty in life and not feeling stable ground under my feet. I feel like a fraud to some extent. I feel uneasy when conversation touches upon job or career related topics. I don't know how to explain to a "normal" person that I am sick of dead-end job and don't want to look back at my life and feel deep regret when it's too late.

Speaking about "not a date" - he has a stable job, very good at what he's doing, gradually developing career within the same company. Friends, family. And I am totally opposite of the "normal". Emotionally scarred and sick to death of people judging me most of my life, and would prefer to live on the shore of the ocean, have enough money to buy food and watch waves rolling all day long.

Sorry, I am rambling.

Sao - Glad the underpricing was a false alarm.

Andy - Yes, update us on the interview.

Time for bed.

Good night, weekenders)
Old 02-11-2019, 01:57 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
How did the interview go Andy. ?
okay thanks, I think - they haven't said 'No' yet anyway I should find out in the next few days one way or another. fingers x'd
Old 02-11-2019, 02:48 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

how are you doing bimini? hope you're not turning blue with cold