Notices

Weekender Thread 1-3 February 2019

Old 02-04-2019, 02:47 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Mr

Goodnight weekenders
Hope you are all OK.
I eventually got to work this morning after a spare wheel change.
. I'm sorry I am not around as much as usual but life issues just seem to be bogging me down. I am thinking of all of you and humbled by your kind words.

Manta Have Yourself A Smashing HAPPY Day Today No Matter What. just rock it..

Nighty Night Weekenders
Old 02-04-2019, 03:14 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on ending that chapter Manta

You're a brilliant worker MB - you'll find something soon

Glad you got through Guener - Hope everyone else is doing ok too

D
Old 02-04-2019, 07:27 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
Just walked out of the building....freedom!!! xx
Old 02-04-2019, 10:15 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning Weekenders, you're doing well VMan, stick around.

It is World Nutella Day today but you probably knew that already.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:27 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
sober style

Nutella is funny, I always liked the idea of it but then when I'd put it on some toast it just hit me as way too sweet, like cake frosting or something. Which reminds me, J. Robert Oppenheimer the famous physicist is supposed to have always eaten a breakfast of peanut butter on toast with Hershey's chocolate syrup on top. Those brilliant scientists are so wacky!
Old 02-04-2019, 10:57 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Morning, weekenders.

Congrats on regaining your freedom, Manta!

Vinny - Glad you did it to the work after a flat tyre anyway)

Dee - Thank you. I will borrow your confidence in me till I develop mine.

I've been feeling really down since yesterday. Didn't want to get out of bed today. Though still took my cold shower - just to get at least one win of the day if anything else.

I will maybe go for a walk to clear my head a little bit.

See you)
Old 02-04-2019, 11:26 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Sorry your feeling so down MB - Walking in nature can be quite therapeutic, hope you manage to get out for a while.

World Nutella day- who knew. How do we celebrate this special day??
Old 02-05-2019, 12:45 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Morning All! Frosty day here and the hills look fabulous.

I need to do a full financial plan over the next couple of days to work out how long the money I earned from this job will last. If I don't put my mind at rest with it it will quietly eat away at me. I applied for another part time job yesterday as an administrator for a Marina (not a fancy one by the sea but one on the leeds liverpool canal lol). I called the manager and had a quick chat after I sent my CV in to try and explain the what might seem strange move from high flying corporate big bucks to a 5th of my current salary, he seemed open to my reasons so we'll see.

Sorry you are feeling down MB, I get that totally as I feel the same. There is no reason for me to be down, I am sober, I have a roof over my head and everything to be happy about...I am just not for some reason. I am sure we will get out of this funk, just not sure how yet lol! xx
Old 02-05-2019, 02:13 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Manta, feeling don't follow the reason.

I hope the inner feeling of happiness is just around the corner for us.

I took a long walk. The weather has some springish traits in it already. While walking had a long phone chat with not a date and laughed a lot at his expense. Shame on me.

What really brings me profound sense of nagging anxiety and darkness is that I can't shake off the feeling of being lost. I don't seem to find my place in this world. My entire life I've been doing things to please or not offend others and now I just want to shut myself down to prevent this automatic reaction of communicating with the world.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:44 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
What really brings me profound sense of nagging anxiety and darkness is that I can't shake off the feeling of being lost. I don't seem to find my place in this world.
^^this^^

That is exactly how I feel. I never seem to fit anywhere and feel like a bit of a spare part in this world. You know like the screw that sits at the back of the kitchen cupboard the no-one know what it belongs to or what it's purpose is, no-one knows what do do with it so it sits there...in the back of the drawer hoping one day it will be part of something...but that day never seems to come.

My god how depressed do I sound lol!! I am not helping much am I!!!
Old 02-05-2019, 03:13 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Manta, I think that when we share our struggles it helps those who feel the same. I, for one, feel less alone that I am not the only one spare screw in the kitchen.

On the other hand, maybe it's a sign that we need to stop looking for a mechanism to fit in and create our own unique never-existed-before structures around those screws?

I love what Seth Godin says about it "The problem with fitting in is that you can't change anyone's life".
Old 02-05-2019, 03:51 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

It's also the start of the Chinese new year today.
https://chinesenewyear.net
Old 02-05-2019, 03:57 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, Dragon.

I totally forgot about Chinese New Year.

Yes! Another chance to start a new life!
Old 02-05-2019, 06:33 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
^^this^^

That is exactly how I feel. I never seem to fit anywhere and feel like a bit of a spare part in this world. You know like the screw that sits at the back of the kitchen cupboard the no-one know what it belongs to or what it's purpose is, no-one knows what do do with it so it sits there...in the back of the drawer hoping one day it will be part of something...but that day never seems to come.

My god how depressed do I sound lol!! I am not helping much am I!!!

That's a brilliant description, Manta. I used to feel that way all the time. I don't anymore. I think because I've mostly stopped trying to be what anyone else expects or wants me to be. I don't know how old you are, but for me, this came with age (and sobriety, and doing some really hard work on myself). You can't really feel left out of life if you just make your own life.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:23 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by SnazzyDresser View Post
Nutella is funny, I always liked the idea of it but then when I'd put it on some toast it just hit me as way too sweet, like cake frosting or something. Which reminds me, J. Robert Oppenheimer the famous physicist is supposed to have always eaten a breakfast of peanut butter on toast with Hershey's chocolate syrup on top. Those brilliant scientists are so wacky!
I suppose if you are the person who invented a nuclear bomb an unhealthy breakfast is not going to bother him too much.

MidnightBlue I hope you feel better after the walk. Best wishes to you too MantaLady.

petals hasn't posted for quite a while. I hope you're OK petals.

My job is to sell anything from basic Personal Protective Equipment up to customised machine parts. About a third of my customers are in the European Union. Now is not a good time to be British and doing my job. I ain't gonna drink over it but i'm having a hard time of it at work right now, hey ho.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:03 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

evening all. the job-hunting continues. typically enough, the one job I'm not interested in has offered me a second interview - ho hum.

something will turn up sooner or later though - the right thing just hasn't come along yet.

Sao - have you thought of selling some gilets jaunes to the French while you still can?
Old 02-05-2019, 10:21 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Back from boxing.

Feel so much better.

Sao - I hope the situation at work will straighten out soon. Have you been thinking about rebuilding another Lancia or something?

Andy - I haven't got an interview yet so you are ahead of me anyway.

Guess what? I am having another try at ice-skating tomorrow)

I have such a bitter-sweet feeling about life at the moment - one moment I am totally in my element, laughing, enjoying life, the next one - I remember that I am in dire straits and have no solid ground under my feet.

It's hard to live in the now but there is no other way to keep sanity as I've learned so far.

Have a good day/night, everyone.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:40 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Andy - I haven't got an interview yet so you are ahead of me anyway.
to be fair, I have been looking* since November, so don't feel too bad.

* although not always very hard.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:43 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Evening Weekenders.

Congrats on your freedom Manta, and good luck to all job seekers!

Vman, I am sure the life issues that you mentioned will work out just fine.

There were a number of humorous posts that made me smile, thanks.

Sao, I’d like to know what app you are running. It has to be more than coincidence that you always seem the first to know of events like World Nutella Day. Not long ago it was Penguin Awareness Day.

I am hoping petals is OK too. As far as I know Willow and tetra have also not posted in a while and I hope we hear from them soon.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:37 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Could kick myself, closed my eyes for 5 minutes on the sofa today and woke up 1 hour later which always give me a crappy nights sleep. Saying that I am bored to death, furthest I have moved around today was when I was looking for the other slipper my cat had hidden in the spare room! I’ll give myself a break, one lazy day is not the end of the world. I am going for an aromatherapy facial and reflexology tomorrow afternoon and really looking forward to it. I was very strict on myself financially when I got back from rehab last year so stopped doing those kind of things, but after getting my first pay check from that job a few days ago decided a treat and some pamper time was well deserved and needed.

Night night people and hugs and much love to you all xx