SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender Thread 1-3 February 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/435932-weekender-thread-1-3-february-2019-a.html)

Dee74 01-31-2019 09:36 PM

Weekender Thread 1-3 February 2019

I'd like to welcome anyone new to SR and new to this thread.

Weekends can be a tough time - especially holiday weekends -and that's what this thread is about - support.

We also share bits and pieces of our lives and the things that are important to us, or make us laugh..anything that makes the journey a little easier

If you've never jumped into a weekender thread before - no time like today...do it now!

D

mariposa 01-31-2019 09:51 PM

Ready for a great sober and relaxing weekend ☕️🌻🧘*♀️🦋

gettingsmarter 01-31-2019 10:02 PM

I'm in for another.

Ayers 01-31-2019 10:18 PM

^^^^ Jip. Another. With a big 60'th bithday bash thrown in between, but I am going to make it.

Kaily 01-31-2019 11:37 PM

Another sober albeit snowy weekend please.

Taooo 01-31-2019 11:50 PM

Hello everybody :) it's the weekend! Does everybody have plans to occupy their time?

Dee74 02-01-2019 12:00 AM

Just a usual weekend for me taooo - what have you got planned?

D

MidnightBlue 02-01-2019 01:31 AM

Hi, weekenders.

Thank you for the new thread, Dee! The timing for the courage quote wouldn't be more perfect for me.

Since no one claimed shotgun it would be mine!:c007:

I am planning to go to the gym and do a lot of writing along with working on that job hunting/income generating area.

As Jocko Willink says: "Weekends? Work harder!".

Purplrks3647 02-01-2019 01:54 AM

Thanks Dee :thanks

Hi everyone! :wavey:

For some it's Superbowl weekend....for me, it will be a weekend filled with cuteness overload ~ in case anyone is interested: "Cat Bowl" and "Kitten Bowl" on the Hallmark Channel.....then "Puppy Bowl" Sunday on Animal Planet :D :puppy: :kitty:

Purplrks3647 02-01-2019 01:55 AM

Last Day Manta!!! :bundance

MantaLady 02-01-2019 02:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Morning All! Looks like destiny is not ready fo me to leave this job! Got up this morning to lots of snow, roads gridlocked and abandoned cars. I left my laptop at work yesterday so can't work from home today....which means I have to go in and work my last day on Monday...boooo!!

However I went for a really long walk in the snow early this morning and it was lovely, walked up to the town to get some supplies and then walked back to the village. Spent a little time in the field with some friendly sheeps and goats that were after some friendly company :)

Guener 02-01-2019 02:41 AM

Good morning and a happy start to all the Weekenders here and soon to join the chorus.

I've got one task at work today to finish that I've been dragging my feet on completing, so I will do my utmost to end it today to enter the next couple days off with a head clear of it.

And here we start another new month at SR, wow. I traditionally have a harder time of the year in the Winter months, so getting through these 28 days will be a nice thing to have behind me as well.

My bills are all paid until the end of the month now, and that's a good feeling. Oops, except for getting another round of shots for my kittens next weekend, that's an important one to remember. Next month I will start getting 1/2 fixed at the vet, and so on in March.

Happy trails to us all.

OliveDog 02-01-2019 02:58 AM

Another sober weekend ahead for me. Should be warming up here in New York.

RedAndy 02-01-2019 03:28 AM

Morning all,

It’s a while since I’ve posted on a weekender thread, used to stick close to it for a while in my first stint at sobriety, guessing there will still be a few around so hi to all those still here and anybody else just joining / lurking or other regulars I’ve not yet had the pleasure of sharing this journey with.

Currently sat with my daughter in the Orthodontist whilst having her brace adjusted, drop her back at school then going swimming. Meeting this evening and each day as committed to doing 90/90 - back on day 32 (31/31 at present) and getting back on track with things.

Watch some football (soccer) and see what else the wife has planned for me, also see of what help I can be to others, sure I’ll watch a bit more of Boardwalk Empire which I started watching last week - already on season 2.

Have a good and sober weekend.

MidnightBlue 02-01-2019 03:36 AM

That's a downer, Manta.

I heard this song yesterday and wanted to post it at your last day at work. Ok, it will be anthem for Monday.

I keep my cool for one more day
Laugh along enough to keep getting paid

MLD51 02-01-2019 06:12 AM

I'm in! Not much planned this weekend. I got a new sofa yesterday, and it needs some "breaking in." I'll get to a meeting, get some housework done, maybe go walking on Sunday, because our deep freeze is now over. I am feeling a bit cooped up, since it has been well below 0 F here for several days. Going outside hurt, and was dangerous. School for my son was cancelled this week until today. I didn't go to work Wednesday - the windchills were -57 that day. Back to normal life today!

biminiblue 02-01-2019 06:19 AM

Gee, those poor furniture delivery people!

In for pictures of snow-covered sheep. :)

California dreamin' on such a winter's day.

MLD51 02-01-2019 06:36 AM

Yeah, I felt sorry for them. They actually were out delivering on the worst day, Wednesday. My sofa took quite some time to warm up after they delivered it!

Phil71els 02-01-2019 07:03 AM

I'm in for another sober weekend!!

andyh 02-01-2019 07:11 AM

afternoon all - just found this new thread, I was still posting on last weekend's. :rolleyes:

my interview went okay. not really what I was looking for, which I rather suspected, but I guess I'll see where it goes.

hope everyone is doing well. my FB timeline seems to be full of people of people who've finished dry January & are lining themselves up for a regretful morning tomorrow :(