Notices

Christmas Weekender 21-27th December 2018

Old 12-24-2018, 10:03 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I have no tree either Andy! Just couldn’t be bothered and with the new cat he would only have trashed it haha! I really like being single, it doesn’t bother me at all. I still travel the world and go diving on my own, have no problem booking a posh restaurant for one and taking a fantastic book for company. It’s everyone else that’s uncomfortable with it . I guess I am quite lucky that the holidays don’t bother me either, I am more than happy to snuggle down in my cottage doing my own thing and don’t get lonely or bored. There is always something to do. Years ago when I became single at first it was frustrating as my friends had husbands and kids and couldn’t just go out at the drop of a hat or swan off on holiday with me. I decided 10 years ago that being single would not stop me doing things I am interested in, the amount of times I hear “oh I could never go to “insert country” on my own” and they think their life is on hold if they are not in a relationship. Maybe one day I will meet someone, maybe not but I can tell you now they ain’t living with me haha. The best compromise I would make is they can buy the house next door, we knock through an interconnecting door between the houses and they have their house and I have mine. x
Old 12-24-2018, 11:14 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening x
Old 12-24-2018, 11:41 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Evening, weekenders.

Just back from my boxing and crossfit. And very glad to hear that on the New Year eve they will not cancel workouts!

Happy Christmas eve to those who celebrate!

Bim - We are going to thrive this holidays, not just survive. At least two gals at my gym mentioned today that they had a row with their husbands and felt upset. So, I am not sure who needs a survival guide more)

Manta - Great idea about two houses! And I love traveling alone.

Vinny - So, your are back home from rehab already? Congrats!

Soverwolf - Good to see you.

I've been doing some apartment cleaning today, and took care of some mental cobwebs too.

See you)
Old 12-24-2018, 12:28 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Little Saou(s).....
Old 12-24-2018, 12:30 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
I have no tree either Andy! Just couldn’t be bothered and with the new cat he would only have trashed it haha! I really like being single, it doesn’t bother me at all. I still travel the world and go diving on my own, have no problem booking a posh restaurant for one and taking a fantastic book for company. It’s everyone else that’s uncomfortable with it . I guess I am quite lucky that the holidays don’t bother me either, I am more than happy to snuggle down in my cottage doing my own thing and don’t get lonely or bored. There is always something to do. Years ago when I became single at first it was frustrating as my friends had husbands and kids and couldn’t just go out at the drop of a hat or swan off on holiday with me. I decided 10 years ago that being single would not stop me doing things I am interested in, the amount of times I hear “oh I could never go to “insert country” on my own” and they think their life is on hold if they are not in a relationship. Maybe one day I will meet someone, maybe not but I can tell you now they ain’t living with me haha. The best compromise I would make is they can buy the house next door, we knock through an interconnecting door between the houses and they have their house and I have mine. x
Believe it or not, we know a married couple who live in their own homes....
Old 12-24-2018, 12:40 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Well, I know I will make it at least through Christmas. I'm home from the meeting I went to and will not be leaving again until I go to work Wednesday morning. The holidays can be great when you're with someone, not so much when you're not. But I am grateful for the SR family and the support they give, and very grateful I don't feel the need or compulsion to pick up a drink today.
Old 12-24-2018, 01:09 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

You have some very sensible friends Dragon

You can do this dafunbra! Treat yourself for a few days and make the most of having some time to yourself. Binge watch something you haven't had time to get into, do some organising so 2019 is less of a hassle, eat whatever you want and get out for a walk if you can. Be strong x

Well, I have been binging on sausage rolls, more cheese and pate and crackers...chocolate biscuits, smoked bacon butties and my teeth feel all furry but my electric toothbrush has run out of charge...first world problems hey!! Better that than my problem being how am I going to clean up that pile of sick the colour of red wine off my carpets! xx
Old 12-24-2018, 02:47 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Mr

Thanks Sao for the link to the Santa tracking site... He's a great man.

Indeed I'm home Bim and MB.
A new life ahead.
Thanks folks.

If you haven't already seen it try out Planes, Trains and Automobiles with the irreplaceable John candy as an xmas season comedy.

You can do it dafunbra...

Goodnight weekenders
Old 12-24-2018, 02:53 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

As Sober Here As The Snow Is White...

All 4" of it or so. It's already burning off in the blazing Sun up here.

Went to pick up a bunch of Food on order, and hit our fav Himalayan Buffet for a Lunch that will be it for the Day. MesaMate bought herself some Nepalese Leg Warmers. We stopped by a really unusual Store that sells all kinda stuff on Consignment. She'd seen some Antique Fireplace Surrounds there [a future House Project], but we walked out instead with 3 Antique_y Gifts I bought her. My kinda Xmas Shopping. Stuff I know she likes cuz she picked them with no expectation of us buying anything. This Store has a Wheel you spin to get a Discount; right off some TV Game Show. I hit the max of 25% off on my spin, so 'twas my kinda bonus deal! Guy Shopping 101.

Way to go, Vman!

From their Holiday Disc 'The Kringle Tingle'...

~ 'Santa's Got A Brand New Bag' ~ Shinyribs ~
Old 12-24-2018, 03:10 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Administrator

cngrats Vman

Feliz Navidad all

D
Old 12-24-2018, 03:17 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Thanks, guys. I am doing it. Just finished another workout and I'm going to treat myself to a bath. Then I think I will actually binge watch something. I spent most of the last three days organizing and cleaning. Time for a break. On a positive note I emailed the GF earlier, asking her if she was in town if she would be interested in going to the candlelight service we had planned on, just as friends. She emailed back pretty quickly and said that while she was not in town, she thanked me for the invitation. Lol, hope springs eternal...

Merry Christmas Eve to you all. The support here is invaluable to me. All I have to do is pop in here and I don't feel quite so alone.
Old 12-24-2018, 04:16 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Good Night Weekenders and Merry Christmas!!

Cheesy but very fitting to describe the weekenders

Win Or Lose, Sink Or Swim
One Thing Is Certain We'll Never Give In
Side By Side, Hand In Hand
We All Stand Together

Play The Game, Fight The Fight
But What's The Point On A Beautiful Night?
Arm In Arm, Hand In Hand
We All Stand Together

Keeping Us Warm In The Night
La La La La
Walk In The Night
You'll Get It Right

Win Or Lose, Sink Or Swim
One Thing Is Certain We'll Never Give In
Side By Side, Hand In Hand
We All Stand Together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcDVH8DiBnM
Old 12-24-2018, 07:52 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Merry Christmas, you guys!

Talk more tomorrow.
Old 12-24-2018, 08:42 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas Weekenders!

Where I am now I don’t have much time to post but I try to read here once a day.

I don’t want to single anyone out but Trach, I can’t wait to hear a bit more and welcome home, Vinny.
Old 12-24-2018, 08:54 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Merry Christmas, you guys!

Talk more tomorrow.
Merry Christmas Trach, hope to hear all about it!
Old 12-24-2018, 08:55 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

https://youtu.be/esAuMeZ9PqE
Old 12-24-2018, 09:43 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Mr

Merry Christmas

Jesus

Bisous to all.

Vinny
Old 12-24-2018, 09:44 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Binge watching Game of Thrones. Started with watching Deadpool but there are some emotional memories for me attached with watching that one so as much as I love it, not tonight. Going to stay up really late and finish this season tonight and hopefully sleep late tomorrow. Made popcorn and have my new favorite drink (diet coke, lol) on ice. Merry Christmas to you all!
Old 12-24-2018, 10:13 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 12-24-2018, 10:47 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

A quick check in. I’m still sober, amidst a lot of drunk people. I managed to sneak off for a walk on the beach, despite protests from some of the merrymakers. I’m exhausted and only have a couple more hours before I can disappear for the evening to bed, for some time out. I don’t feel like drinking. The more drunk the others get, the more I am convinced that not drinking is the best decision I’ve made. I’m missing Mum and Dad, and have had a candle burning for each of them all day ❤️