Notices

Christmas Weekender 21-27th December 2018

Old 12-22-2018, 01:41 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Checking in

hi can I join in please. I’m currently reporting from the toilet,on my 1st night out sober! Thought I’d hide in here for a minute to check in and read a few posts to keep me going. The AV hasn’t reared it’s head yet,in fact it’s putting me off seeing everyone bleezing and they are starting to get annoying haha
still got 3 hours left so think I better down a few red bulls to try and get some energy to dance sober.

Hope your all having a nice evening xxx
Old 12-22-2018, 02:02 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi all

Checking in here for the first time in months! I'm now over 11 months sober and getting ready for my first sober Christmas. Stressful so far but absolutely better than last year!

Ill keep checking back and so glad to be here with you all
Old 12-22-2018, 02:10 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Welcome, Mariesober!

Good work, MrsLecter!
Old 12-22-2018, 04:03 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Okay everyone. Hang on, you can do it.

Nothing is so stressful that it can't be made worse with a drink.

No parties are worth giving up sobriety. If you have to - just go outside or go home.

G'Nite Weekenders. You've got this.

Sunday morning is way better without a hangover. You can take that to the bank.
Old 12-22-2018, 04:06 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Earth Child

its my belly button birthday am older than time and space
Old 12-22-2018, 04:16 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mariesober View Post
hi can I join in please. I’m currently reporting from the toilet,on my 1st night out sober! Thought I’d hide in here for a minute to check in and read a few posts to keep me going. The AV hasn’t reared it’s head yet,in fact it’s putting me off seeing everyone bleezing and they are starting to get annoying haha
still got 3 hours left so think I better down a few red bulls to try and get some energy to dance sober.

Hope your all having a nice evening xxx
Originally Posted by MrsLecter View Post
Hi all

Checking in here for the first time in months! I'm now over 11 months sober and getting ready for my first sober Christmas. Stressful so far but absolutely better than last year!

Ill keep checking back and so glad to be here with you all
We've got your back Mariesober and MrsLecter

Hang in here if it's too hard outside.
You'll be safe while you're with us Sober Weekenders
Old 12-22-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, Serenity River!
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats pretty old Serenity River - I think I'm older tho
Have a wonderful day

D
  # 89 (permalink)  

I got ya both beat!
Old 12-22-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome MarieSober!

Congratulations Mrs Lecter

Originally Posted by SerenityRiver View Post

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SERENITY!

I'm sure I heard on a TV quiz show once (QI most likely, a British comedy/smartarse show) that apart from our teeth, none of the cells in our body are more than 7 years old. I hope i'm right about that but it's too late to Google it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20181223_003707.jpg (41.5 KB, 69 views)
Old 12-22-2018, 06:41 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Canadian Koala View Post
We've got your back Mariesober and MrsLecter

Hang in here if it's too hard outside.
You'll be safe while you're with us Sober Weekenders
Thanks Canadian Koala! I made it and 1st time I didn’t actually get cravings,felt uncomfortable and was able to have a good night😀
it makes me realise how much of a problem I had when drinking. Everyone at our table was a merry drunk and downing drinks at the start then slow right down,must be when they’ve had enough. Ive never done that,the more I have the more I want and would drink even faster and down loads of shots & doubles if I start to panic that the bar is closing!
Thats the difference I guess between a normal drinker and an alcoholic!
you see so much clearer and notice these things when your sober
Old 12-22-2018, 07:26 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by SerenityRiver View Post
Happy birthday to your belly button!
Old 12-22-2018, 09:16 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

My Starwars symphony concert was epic! The soundtrack to "A new hope" will never sound as good again.
Old 12-22-2018, 09:24 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Welcome Marie Sober
Old 12-22-2018, 09:31 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I’m glad it blew you away, Getting Smarter!
Old 12-22-2018, 10:09 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning all.
Happy birthday Serenity River.
Good work MarieSober and MrsLecter.
Yes an alien Dragon come to conquer and colonize....

Salutations weekenders...

I hope everyone has sent their letters by now because he will soon be on his way...

https://youtu.be/U8L5nDboyP0
Old 12-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Great job Mariesober for successfully navigating your night out! Your post about seeing people slow down when they had enough but knowing that wouldn't have been you, you would be drinking faster and faster and starting to panic that the bar was going to shut soon really struck a chord with me. That was me too!! Thanks for reminding me, with 6 months sober time now I am starting to forget little things like that and it's good to remember to keep me on the straight and narrow x

I hope everyone is waking up sober and smiling today. My cat has got used to me getting up at 5:30am with work and this weekend started loudly stomping round the house and meowing at this time for food and to be let out...while I am trying to get a lie in lol. Little tinker he is!

I have got my online video recovery meeting in half an hour and then getting ready to go to my mums for christmas dinner. We decided to have our christmas day today. There is only the two of us as the wider family is quite small and also none of them have anything to do with each other. Me and my mum have only reconnected 2 years ago after 18 years of no contact. Miss my nana at this time of year and this will be my third xmas without her, I always went to her house for xmas and miss seeing the decorations on the tree that she had used all my life, drinking from the special glasses she saved for special occasions and eating her boiled to death vegetables (it's a british tradition!). I wish she had known I would get sober, it breaks my heart to think about how much she worried about me and my drinking and passed with that worry in her heart.

Anyhow, have a good day peeps and be good xx
Old 12-23-2018, 02:22 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I've just had a bit of a moment...a realisation of sorts. During the recovery meeting I was talking about how I have been avoiding watching sad films or programmes on TV (wether it be happy sad or sad sad). I realised I am terrified of crying and are doing anything I can to avoid it. I can't even watch nature programmes on NatGeo incase there is some baby animal being chased and getting eaten as that would make me cry and I can't take it.

The realisation is that I am denying an emotion and avoiding having to feel it. Nothing good can come of this and if I don't allow it to happen and feel it I will start to slide. The fact that I am trying to push down this emotion means I am already starting to slide. One thing the counsellor in rehab had me do was watch the pixar movie "Inside Out". It was a film for kids but the premis being all emotions have value, you can't feel happieness without at some point feeling sadness, denying and blocking an emotion puts you off balance as each emotion serves a purpose.

Not sure why I am sharing this...but I feel like I have some real clarity and know that my default thinking is changing for the better. 6 months ago I wouldn't have had the knowledge or willingness to see so clearly and actually understand what is really going on in my head. xx
Old 12-23-2018, 03:10 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Good morning VMan! How are you doing?
LOL at your morning, Manta. My dogs got me up at 4:58 this morning! Ugh … but I get a lot done in the early morning hours. So I guess it's all good. P.S. I'm sure your nana knows how well you are doing … she's probably right there with you.
Good morning Gilmer, Phoenix, Smarter, Sao, Dee, Canadian, Marie, Bimini, Lecter, Darkling, Andy and everyone else!
Tonight is my toughest night of the holiday … with my boys home and our first wonderful dinner together. We always have a few beers with dinner, and in the past I've too often drunk too much. I simply cannot slip tonight, I just can't! I'm so nervous, but bought pomegranate juice and seltzer, and am getting really focused to fight the temptation! Wish me luck, everyone.
And I wish you all strength and a lovely day!
Old 12-23-2018, 03:14 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Pomegranate juice and seltzer is really zesty and tasty. It should provide you with an enjoyable drinking experience.