SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Christmas Weekender 21-27th December 2018 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/434965-christmas-weekender-21-27th-december-2018-a.html)

Dee74 12-20-2018 09:45 PM

Christmas Weekender 21-27th December 2018

Hi There! :Xmasma
I'd like to welcome anyone new to SR and new to this thread.

Weekends can be a tough time - especially holiday weekends -and that's what this thread is about - support.

:Xmasca

We also share bits and pieces of our lives and the things that are important to us, or make us laugh..anything that makes the journey a little easier

:Xmassa

If you've never jumped into a weekender thread before - no time like today...do it now!

Christmas can be a rough time for a lot of us - too much family, too little, many get togethers or not enough.

Know that there will be people here on SR all across Christmas for help support and understanding :)

For those entertaining over Xmas, or being entertained, this is a great link

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ers-2-0-a.html

:Xmas1

Happy Holidays!
D

theVman31 12-20-2018 10:10 PM

D thank you for the threads...!

Merry Christmas to all my weekender friends.

Congratulations to you Sao for an honorable 2nd place... I bet you turbo charged the office chair.

I hope all the weekenders are well. I have to say thanks to you all for your kind words.

I will be home for Xmas. I thought I had mentioned it. It's a one full week hospitalisation course.

Stay safe and close over Xmas.

See you all later.

SHOTGUN

andyh 12-20-2018 10:51 PM

Happy Solstice fellow godless heathens! ;)

https://stonehengenews.files.wordpre...vebury_v01.jpg

and Happy One-and-a-Halfth birthday to me - 18 months sober - yay :party:

stay safe everyone, it's a tough time of year if you think you're missing out by not drinking - there be only dragons there for me :irked:

PhoenixJ 12-20-2018 10:57 PM

stay safe this WEEK, folks

Willow00 12-20-2018 11:19 PM

I’m in. Struggling a bit with too much drinking around me and being away from home and away from family, and really missing my Mum and Dad, but I’m looking for the blessings and I’m determined to NOT give in to the AV that is being constantly encouraged by my partner’s friends and family (different ones each day). No thanks I’m not drinking. I’m going moment to moment at the moment. I will not drink in this moment. My standard answer is currently no I won’t have a drink just now thanks. No thanks but I’d love a cup of tea/soda water/ diet coke/coffee depending on the location and the company. Travelling day to day to visit lots of people in a hire car where most of them drink a lot. I’m trying to see it as an adventure.

Thanks everyone for being here ❤️
You are my rocks. I may not check in much depending on internet/wifi/phone signal but I’ll be thinking of you all. Stay strong and safe everyone. Love and prayers for us all to make it through to the new year without picking up

:grouphug: ❤️

saoutchik 12-20-2018 11:43 PM

IN!

Thanks VMan, it's great that you are home for Christmas.

Congratulations on 18 months Andy, fantastic.

Well done on ignoring those drink offers Willow.

theVman31 12-20-2018 11:51 PM

Congratulations Andy.
Salutations PJ and Sao.
You're a rock too Willow.
Morning MB :wavey:

John65 12-20-2018 11:53 PM

Hello weekenders :wavey:

I'm in.

It's been a while since I was in on a weekender but given the time of year I think I'll be popping in over the coming days.

Best wishes to all,

John

MidnightBlue 12-20-2018 11:54 PM

Morning, weekenders.

Thank you for the new thread, Dee!

Andy - Thank you from a fellow godless heathen for the reminder about Solstice)

Vinny - Congrats on a shotgun.

Stay strong through the holiday madness, weekenders.

Hawkeye13 12-20-2018 11:59 PM

In--glad to be here

Bonnefond87 12-21-2018 12:06 AM

I'm in too. Struggling a bit at the moment after 16 months. Lets stay together.

MantaLady 12-21-2018 12:11 AM

Howdy Peeps! I’m in! xx

I get the being surrounded by drink being hard Willow, it’s everywhere and a constant barage coming at me too this last week or two. You are strong and you can do this, we got you! x

Awesome on 18 months Andy! Really nice to see you here this weekend too x

Working next week with the exception of Xmas and Boxing Day but will be working from home. Least I don’t have to put up with seeing people drinking or having to walk past bars for the week so should help.

Anyhow, here’s to another sober weekend folks! xx

Dee74 12-21-2018 12:57 AM

Welcome everybody :)

Gilmer 12-21-2018 02:42 AM

To celebraters of every stripe: please have a rich and joyous holiday. :ring

I’m in.

Phil71els 12-21-2018 03:03 AM

I'm in. Its going to be nice not waking up to hangovers when there are still a million Christmas prep things to do.
This year I am not panicing because I know I wont waste half the day hungover and the other half getting drunk again. Which leaves whole days doing the right thing and get everything done!!

Be strong.

Mark1014 12-21-2018 03:49 AM

I’m in. Happy Friday gang!

Wishing everyone the best day. :)

STDragon 12-21-2018 04:06 AM

we host ukranian x-mas eve dinner at our house. My first sober x-mas (just a little over two months sober) I banned alcohol but gave in and let sister-in-law bring her own (home made wine). The second x-mas (~14 months sober) I had a panic attack when I found out the Mrs. Dragon had 'snuck' hard booze in when I thought we were only serving wine. This x-mas, I'm like meh I don't care. I'm solid, I know I won't drink and the others drinking won't bother me. Unless of course someone has too much and I have to intervene. But that won't happen.

This year I printed out out a bunch of Christmas carol booklets. Daughter and I are going to play our Ukes and get everybody singing!

Gilmer 12-21-2018 04:18 AM

Oh, what a blast! :c014:

biminiblue 12-21-2018 05:51 AM

Congrats, Andy. :)

https://media.giphy.com/media/EGlwa3w8hgumA/giphy.gif

I'll be back after I wake up.

saoutchik 12-21-2018 05:59 AM

Hang in there Bonnefond.

We had the floor polishers in at work this morning, they are concrete floors on the ground floor. I am SO glad not to be hung over as they were noisy so-and-so's. That's me done at work until 2nd Jan. Yippee!