Notices

Weekender Thread 16-19 November 2018

Old 11-17-2018, 06:54 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Congratulatons for staying strong Tyne and Mariposa.

We have an assignment to write a 12 bar blues song for next Ukulele class. Just something simple. I'm horrible at putting together lyrics. We were given the same assignment in the beginners class last March. I had two weeks and so I copied Lil rev's Me or Uke blues. Any suggestions to get me started?

I could always play it again....

https://youtu.be/tn96ZzD9t4s
Old 11-17-2018, 07:56 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

THAT WAS GREAT! I love those guys!

Best of luck with the composing!
Old 11-17-2018, 09:12 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Mariposa, I am so with you. Today my AV came on strong and it was all I could do to not give in. I did not go for massages but I did pull out something from my to do list that required concentration and that did it for me. Sober since May 5 and this was one of the worst. It does get better right?
Old 11-18-2018, 02:40 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Great work staying strong and standing up to that AV mariposa! Really glad to hear things are looking up and going well for you Micheal!

I didn't get round to finishing my bathroom yesterday, went to my favorite curry house with a good book and had a bit of time chilling and enjoying good food on my own. I don't get bothered or embarrased about going somewhere on my own to eat or anything like that, the other people around me are usually more uncomfortable about it than I am. I am single, not dead haha!

Got to make and bake my weekly loaf of bread today, finish off the bathroom and put all the ingredients in the slow cooker for a tasty Thai Massaman Curry to eat this evening (I am absolutely obsessed with this curry!!). The AV popped up a few times last night but I gave it the "hand" and told it to get back in it's box, it ain't welcome in my house or my head! Seemed to work but need to stay vigilent and tonight will do my journal and see if I can see a pattern or reason as to why it was so noisy yesterday and tackle it at the root.

Hope everyone is enjoying a lovely sober Sunday!!

xx
Old 11-18-2018, 04:56 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
sober style

Nothing like curry flava to curry favor as they say!
Old 11-18-2018, 05:45 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Sunday morning coffee, it doesn’t suit me quite as well as Saturday morning coffee but is good nonetheless.

Once or twice per year I treat myself to a solo hiking trip (fulfilling a promise to myself made in the tougher days of early sobriety) and find myself eating out alone sometimes. I like it for some reason. Granted it is usually breakfast, lunch , or just a cuppa and I generally take my iPad in to research various hikes and plan my day. To be contented with my own nonintoxicated company has been a learned but beneficial skill for me and I find it somehow empowering in a personal way to say with a smile ‘table for one please’.

Wishing each of you the best day.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:49 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Marcutah1 View Post
Mariposa, I am so with you. Today my AV came on strong and it was all I could do to not give in. I did not go for massages but I did pull out something from my to do list that required concentration and that did it for me. Sober since May 5 and this was one of the worst. It does get better right?
6 1/2 months! that;s really great. Yea, it get's better. I don't think the thoughts ever go away but they are much easier to deal with. Besides, I've got better things to do with my money.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:21 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Just about to dish up my yummy curry as it has taken a lot less time to cook than I thought! So todays delight is Chestnut Mushroom, Adzuki Beans, Red Skinned Potatoes and Red Onion Massaman Coconut Curry with Purple Sprouting Broccoli! xx
Old 11-18-2018, 08:30 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

That sounds like one of the most exotic and nutritious dishes I've ever heard of!
Old 11-18-2018, 10:32 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Earth Child

how is everyones weekend been av been watching soccer all weekend i hope you have been good boys and girls and those in between
thinking less about drink and more about my gender think am gender fluid wanting to wear more womens clothes kinda making most people who know me are confused i confuse me sometimes
Old 11-18-2018, 11:45 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I’m glad you’ve been enjoying the soccer, SerenityRiver.

I hope in the midst of all your pondering that you know this for certain: you are a very, very good egg! Is that an expression they use in Scotland?

You have a very kind and giving soul.

It’s always nice to see you stop by the Weekender!
Old 11-18-2018, 01:00 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

The AV was annoying this weekend. Grrrr. But it didn’t quite fool me, although it came scarily close yesterday (Sun) afternoon when I was driving home and saw a huge billboard on the roadside (right before a roadside liquor store) depicting a lazy summer afternoon, beach, youth, beauty, and yep you guessed it, beer, romanticising drinking again. The rose tinted glasses. They need to be taken off to see clearly. How do they get away with so much persuasive advertising? Makes it harder for us to stay away from the grog. My immediate reaction was to pull off the road and buy alcohol to take home for a “lazy Sunday afternoon drink” but I made it past without caving in. I didn’t even have time to think of the inevitable hangover, it was a split second decision, but wow it was a strong pull that time... Thankfully I resisted.
It’s Monday morning and I’m very happy to wake up hangover-free again after 190 days sober
Have a good week everyone!
Old 11-18-2018, 01:35 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Manta that curry sounds delicious, I’m on my way across the pond for dinner
Old 11-18-2018, 01:54 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

That’s great Willow.

Somewhere along the way my AV cravings morphed from what felt like a grizzly attack into more of an annoying fly buzzing about. It seems that’s a common thing for many of us. Much much less frequent too.

I hope the rest of your Monday goes well. As for this guy, I’ve got a wee bit of Sunday daylight to enjoy!
Old 11-18-2018, 02:18 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Thanks Mark
I think the AV has been less frequent and less intense generally speaking, but it still pops up at random moments out of the blue. I’m not constantly thinking of drinking anymore, but weekends can be tricky still. I really look forward to the buzzing fly replacing the grizzly!
Enjoy your Sunday evening
Old 11-18-2018, 03:45 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Well-resisted, Willow!

I just got back from seeing Bohemian Rhapsody. My son and I give it two thumbs up!
Old 11-18-2018, 05:02 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I slept a lot today. I’m having very vivid dreams. I think it’s my mind processing my emotions that were numb.

The AV does get less frequent but when it’s there it’s loud. I finished my weekend walking my dogs to the beach for sunset. I bought myself flavored water and my fiancé a beer. The beach was beautiful. Purple, pink sunset with bright half moon, stars and the ocean waves crashing. The sunsets behind beautiful cliffs covered in jungle. Glad I was sober to truly experience the sunset. The doggies appreciate exercise and getting fresh air too.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:06 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

That sounds absolutely lovely, Mariposa.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:11 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcutah1 View Post
Oh my!!!

Me too! Yesterday. I posted the experience in our Class of May 3018 thread. It was the worst since I quit. Scary. But I WON!

Csngrats to you bring strong and dedicated to yourself too!
Old 11-18-2018, 05:24 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Okay, yeah mark and willow. Mine was def a sneaky charging grizzly!