Old 11-20-2018, 05:58 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Mr

MB
I was worried about ya
Old 11-20-2018, 06:27 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

You're a tough cookie MB and will get out the other side of this funk, in the meantime feel free to vent if you need to!!

Got a formal interview off the back of the telephone one yesterday so, I either start the first job I got offered a week on Monday...and if that falls through for any reason I have an interview lined up for the other one on the same day! Got to keep those options open!

Been a strange morning today and not sure how I am feeling about it all. I got a message from someone I was at rehab with linking to a news article yesterday about a 42 year old chap that was found dead in a cheap hotel in Penom Pehn caused by a heart attack after a huge drugs binge. There was a photo of this chap's passport...and |I knew him. He was at the same rehab as me at the same time. It's tragic for his daughter and family and such an undignified place and way to die. I had issues with him in rehab and had a blazing row with him one day, he was far to gone and in need of serious psychiatric care, the rehab were not qualified to have taken him in considering the level of drug use he was at and the fact that he was what seemed to be suffering psychosis. He was asked to leave as he became destructive and a danger to other clients and staff. I didn't like him much but I still feel sadness at his passing and guilty that I didn't give him another chance, or didn't try harder to connect with him. But he didn't want to be clean more than he wanted the relief the heroin gave him against his inner demons.

I am so grateful for this life I have been given. xx
Old 11-20-2018, 09:17 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear, MB. Needless to say, you are welcome to share if that might help.

So I got home from work at half past five, and thought I’d better put the long daylight hours to good use. Got my hands dirty in the garden, sifted compost, dug up and fortified an old flower bed and planted bulbs that were lifted last winter.

Would I have done that if I were still drinking? Probably not, unless I got really, really drunk...in which case the spades and other tools would still have been lying around in the garden.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:27 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Mr

Thats a pity about that person you knew in rehab MB. I suppose like so many here we know so many people lost to drugs and alcohol. I dont care to mention for my part. But feckthat they aint having us weekenders right

Manta it seems you know how to plan ahead :
"Got a formal interview off the back of the telephone one yesterday so, I either start the first job I got offered a week on Monday...and if that falls through for any reason I have an interview lined up for the other one on the same day! Got to keep those options open!"

You really seem to be a new person. We are all proud of you. Stick with it but stay ahead of it. Take time out, meditate, go for a walk, do what you have to..... I thnk u know what i mean our weekender friend.

NOW,
MB what the heck is going through your head Miss ?

You are the most active sportive determined no **** person I like to read here on the weekender. Sometimes I read an MB post and stick on my shorts and t-shirt and head off jogging. I kind of know how u feel i was there too these last weeks (utter deppression zero motivation) but fect it come on back.
MB btw : i rejoined a gym last sunday. tomorrow i'm going pushing weights, cycling and running the mill machine. Wanted to tell you cause youre my sporting reference.

Howdy to you all Captain, Hawkeye, K, Willow, F2BM, Nefer, Dragon, the almighty "D" and my long term friend from TEXAS Snazzy D.

lets kick start the weekender again guys
Old 11-20-2018, 09:28 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Lucky you Captain still having daylight at 5:30!! Sadly in the north of the UK it's a pitch black night sky by 4:30pm, by the end of next week it will be dark by 4pm...and stay that way till march next year!! Yay...not! It's pretty grim here today, raining cats and dogs and hasn't really got light at all so I am snuggled on the sofa with a log fire going and an angry cat as he isn't at all pleased with the gales and torrential downpours affecting his mouse hunting and stalking activity. Roll on summer is all I can say! xx
Old 11-20-2018, 09:30 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Mr

wanted to mention too Mark, Mariposa, Seranity, Marcutah, tynesider and the artists PJ and Dragon
Old 11-20-2018, 11:09 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Mr

and how could i forget the SR weekender photagrapher MesaMan...
Sorry bud
Old 11-20-2018, 11:13 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Mr

logging out for the night from France.
Goodnight friends
Old 11-20-2018, 11:24 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Yo, Troops ~

I've kept up via reading here, but posting was a challenge. This Laptop seemed to slow down, and be on the way out. I downloaded a Registry Cleaner, and the Report was that ~17 Gigs of dross was cleared away. SOOO, it's back to being fairly speedy. Prior, I couldn't even connect to the Interwebz via either modes we use here.

This caused me to look at new Laptops, so I'll likely spring for one this Friday during the Sales going on. 'Tis time...

We returned from ~3,250 Miles of Trailer Travel 2 Saturdays ago, and promptly just drove ~550 Miles R/T for Socializing over by Boulder CO. Back yesterday in one piece. There was one big Party w/Alcohol available last Saturday Night, but there's just no *draw* to Ethanol anymore. A big ole Meh outta me. One Guy's Daughter I've watched grow up initiated a long chat on getting Sober from Alcohol & Pot. Knowing her POVs, I steered her to Refuge Recovery, which she looked up Meetings for right then and there on her Mobile. That long Convo was serenely satisfying.

All the Thanksgiving stuff is bought, and In Da House. Looking forward to yet another Sober one!

-> Just saw your note, Vman. Thanks for that! I'd already written up this Post w/a Pic of Sunset here last Night, so it's all good! <-

~ 'Redemption' ~ Joe Bonamassa ~
Old 11-20-2018, 11:24 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Me too vman! Night Night from blighty xx
Old 11-20-2018, 11:37 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Good evening, weekenders!

Thank you so much for your kind words and support!

Vinny, you just put a huge smile on my face. Thank you so much, friend!

I am so glad to hear you are back to the gym. I am reading "Goodbye insomnia" book at the moment, and it refers to results of large-scale scientific research which state that lack of physical activity is more detrimental than lack of sleep.

I did boxing+crossfit yesterday, and boxing+kickboxing today. So, hell or high water, gym is my safe sacred land.

About me being emotionally down.

Yesterday I got a call from my ex boss's secretary. And there is a big investigation about fraud activity going on right now. It's a state company, and it's not rare, unfortunately, that funds are misspent.

She asked me for some materials on the projects I was engaged in. Today she called again and said it was urgent, and there are district attorney representatives and so on.

I got both p****d and depressed. What the hell? As if I didn't get enough already. I am glad that I got hell away from there, but it unsettles me that my name comes up in the projects in question.

Now I vented.

Thank you, guys, again.

You are the best.

Love you.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:49 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Mr

You always put a smile on my face. I kind of always feel yor pain. Y
oure determiantion is worth gold. Kick ass tomorrow girl.
Cheers and goodnight all... This time Im going to the dodo (bed in french)
see you all tomorrow weekenders.
Peace out Vman
Old 11-20-2018, 11:53 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

No wonder you're annoyed, MB. Just the kind of unpleasantness dragging on that you don't need! UGH!
Old 11-20-2018, 11:58 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Bonne nuit, Vinny!

Thank you, Gilmer. It's really uhhhhrrr
Old 11-20-2018, 02:03 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Vman well done on remembering everyone on the thread! What a memory! I can no longer see people’s posts once I start posting so have trouble remembering who said what... So I’m going to take the easy way out and ride on your coattails and say ....
Hi to everyone Vman mentioned! And anyone else still here, and hi to anyone lurking
MB I would be really p****d at that too. You’re so right that exercise is key in dealing with anything and everything.
I think food is too. I actually slept better last night than I have in ages. I only ate chicken, egg and vegetables all day. No sugar. No fruit. No cheese. No coffee after 1.30pm. I often eat cheese and fruit in the evenings. I very rarely sleep well. Last night I slept so well I want to see if I can make it happen more often. So far I’m thinking cheese and fruit in the evenings might be the culprits... Unless it was just a fluke that I slept so well because I was so dead tired after not sleeping well for so long (months, years probably). It’s just such a rare event to actually sleep soundly that I want to figure out what helped it happen and maybe food is key.

Manta you sound like you’re in a really great place, it’s lovely to hear well done on the job front! I love the sound of a cosy fire in the cold weather, although the heat is getting rather intense here. Summer is here early, and with a vengeance!

Happy Wednesday everyone!
Old 11-20-2018, 02:06 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Hope you enjoy lunch Willow
thank Vman my sister did drink wine. I had soda water with a slice of fresh lime, very refreshing then a coffee
Old 11-20-2018, 04:20 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanksgiving Weekender here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...er-2018-a.html (Thanksgiving Weekender Thread 20- 26 November 2018)

D