Notices

Weekender Thread 07-10 September 2018

Old 09-10-2018, 01:56 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Thanks Gilmer! I'm not practising any religion but I'm Jewish by heritage so I do still care a little bit about it although I grew up with Christian inspired traditions like a Christmas tree and -dinner and Easter eggs.

Badge, that sounds like something from a horror movie I'd never watch! Your poor friend I hope she will be okay and that they can save her arm and leg. Did they identify the dogs' owner?

I think I just accidentally killed a spider and feel pretty bad about it. I like them very much. I was moving around some boxes and I squished some of its legs. They have so many so I hoped it would still make it and put in on my window sill cause there are often dead flies and it wouldn't have to move much to find food. But since I put it there, it hasn't moved the tiniest bit and looks all curled up with it's legs... I'm sorry little spider.

Apart from this sad incident I am looking forward to tomorrow when I will be going on a mini getaway. So my weekend starts on Tuesday this week
Old 09-10-2018, 02:29 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badgerden View Post
Just heard from a friend of mine, her mother (73 yrs old) was visiting her sister in Texas when she went out for a walk by herself and was attacked and horribly mauled by 4-5 dogs. I guess she may lose her arm and lower leg. The horror that she must have felt not being able to fight them off! It absolutely blows my mind. thankfully a passerby found her, not sure if the dogs were gone or what. she is in for a long hospital stay for sure.

Life throws us some strange curves sometimes,,,

lori- 29
I am going to be sick: that is the worst thing I have ever heard.
Praying for that lady.....please please let us know how she is love. ♥
Old 09-10-2018, 02:30 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Have a meaningful Rosh Hashanah, Suze, and any other Jewish friends!
Thank you so much dear Gilmer. ♥♥♥

I know one other SR friend is Jewish....guess there may be more of us.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:31 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

I get upset if I kill a spider too kev....
Old 09-10-2018, 03:36 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

I have 2 pet spiders at present. They exist by metorious effort...
I had my car washed with the old fashioned brush machines...and these 2 little champions survived it. I did not know they were there- behind the drivers rearview mirror and the rear window wiper until they did their web thing.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:59 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your prayers. I talked to her SIL today, the doctors said that she will be in the hospital a minimum of 9 months if she survives the next 2 weeks. I will not go into details except that she will lose her lower leg and right arm below the elbow. And yes that is what horror movies are made of, I just pray that her mind took her somewhere else during the attack, if God is truly merciful than he helped her than.

http://www.kxii.com/content/news/Wom...492815011.html

Lori- 29
Old 09-10-2018, 06:03 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

I read (the link, thank you).....I still feel completely ill. I know, not about me. But I can't help how I feel.
I am devastated for her. I seriously cannot imagine a worse thing happening to a human being. I pray that she can survive this.....physically and emotionally.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:08 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

I agree, Suze. it is beyond my mind. No one could fight off 5 dogs of that size. Like I said I pray she blacked out right away, I do so pray that, and that she doesn't remember ANYTHING if she does recover.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:09 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Oh badger... What a horrible thing to happen. All my prayers are going out to you and your friend's mother.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:10 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

There just are no words. Prayers out to that dear lady.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:14 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Oh Badger that’s awful, that poor dear lady. Things like that just shouldn’t happen. Ever. That’s so sad. I hope she gets lots of special care and support, sending love and prayers to her ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Old 09-10-2018, 06:22 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

I thought it through....I had to....life doesn't work like this....it just doesn't....the dogs had somehow gotten out (the owner needs to go to jail) and they had killed something for food (they are long-haired ridgebacks, hunters, it is their nature) and this poor lovely lady must have tried to save the poor creature.....that is the only reason they would have attacked.

I pray that you are right badge....immediate loss of consciousness.....I would think it would have been pretty immediate.

OK...sorry....some things are just too much for me to leave.....

But we have huge hearts and we care because we are awake and alive now....so that is a good thing....

Old 09-10-2018, 07:42 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by badgerden View Post
Thank you everyone for your prayers. I talked to her SIL today, the doctors said that she will be in the hospital a minimum of 9 months if she survives the next 2 weeks. I will not go into details except that she will lose her lower leg and right arm below the elbow. And yes that is what horror movies are made of, I just pray that her mind took her somewhere else during the attack, if God is truly merciful than he helped her than.

Woman mauled by pack of dogs in Lamar County

Lori- 29
Oh, that poor lady!
Old 09-10-2018, 07:49 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Nice one badge.

Wow! I hadn't realised London stupidity had gone global. Normal priced beer comes in at about £5.50 - £6. I often hear some anguish from visiting football supporters when they find a "round" costing £40. London is such a rip-off at times. Phoenix, gin seems to be making a comeback here too. Hey ho.
Ontario Premier Doug Ford, who recently got elected into office, promised to lower the price of beer. I don't think I've ever heard of a politician promise to lower the price of alchohol just to get elected.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:26 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Prayers for that lady
Old 09-10-2018, 10:39 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
saoutchik

What a shocking story badgerden, my thoughts go out to the lady in question. Some people are really not suitable to own pets.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:06 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning weekenders.
Hope everyone is having a sober day.

That really is a damning story about the dogs and the poor old lady... There are no words.

Anyways running late for work.
Later weekenders.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:21 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Tuesday night...quiet day..organizing my little art space (s) for homework in the next 2w....me taking some of the rough patches out of my 'skills'.
One area for drawing -white objects under a direct, white spot light- lounge room floor, one for painting ('the colour circle and 4 still life's over these 2w) in the studio and sculpture (kitchen sink)- clay..very messy.
Also have to go to some more mainstream galleries- instead of just weird little ones I seem to find in the hills....
Old 09-11-2018, 03:01 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal2 View Post
I think I just accidentally killed a spider and feel pretty bad about it. I like them very much. I was moving around some boxes and I squished some of its legs. They have so many so I hoped it would still make it and put in on my window sill cause there are often dead flies and it wouldn't have to move much to find food. But since I put it there, it hasn't moved the tiniest bit and looks all curled up with it's legs... I'm sorry little spider.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
goliath1.jpg (48.1 KB, 32 views)
Old 09-11-2018, 03:53 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Regardless of our thoughts-
Please, worldwide-
Let us not forget those lost.