Notices

Devastating News

Old 04-01-2018, 10:42 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Rar

This is a season of forgiveness and renewal, Horn. Time to forgive yourself and renew your commitment to sobriety. In fact, today is a perfect day. You have lots of friends here rooting for you. You can do this. Hang in there.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:51 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Horn,

I'm so glad you are back today. Your sponsor sponsor will be there to help you through this. Sending you lots of positive thoughts as you move forward. You can do this.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:10 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I was relieved to see your post, Horn. You've been on my mind. Better days lie ahead.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:44 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Horn..there is no urgency on your marriage,although if you still want it to really work(not ego), I'd suggest watching the movie 'fireproof'..it's a bit cheesy,but really opened my eyes towards my long term exagf and our 'life'. I also know the sense of urgency to 'fix' it all..whatever 'it' may be..that's not the case here,man..take a breath..reassess on your time,but do it with a clear mind. Hang in there,bud.
Old 04-01-2018, 03:00 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

It's funny, but I would forfeit (or pay)2 million to stay sober. No joke. If someone offered me two million dollars but I had to stay on the same track I was on, which was constantly drinking, barely functioning, physically and mentally falling apart, I wouldn't hesitate to choose sobriety over money.

In a way, all this legal wrangling and speculation is moot, because any post-dissolution settlement will be included in Horn's child support calculation, so he's going to have to pay a significant portion of the settlement one way or another.
Old 04-01-2018, 03:11 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
It's funny, but I would forfeit (or pay)2 million to stay sober. No joke. If someone offered me two million dollars but I had to stay on the same track I was on, which was constantly drinking, barely functioning, physically and mentally falling apart, I wouldn't hesitate to choose sobriety over money.

In a way, all this legal wrangling and speculation is moot, because any post-dissolution settlement will be included in Horn's child support calculation, so he's going to have to pay a significant portion of the settlement one way or another.
Not making 'lite' of his situation,but I would "make it rain" in the courtroom to be done with it all...that's me though. I can/will always be able to make more money. Peace of mind is invaluable to me though!
Old 04-01-2018, 03:30 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

From what I understand he does not have children with this wife... (they both have children from other relationships...)

In any case, I agree. No amount is worth being stuck in the hell of addiction.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:48 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to see you back Horn.

Tell your sponsor, He's probably heard or done worse

D
Old 04-01-2018, 06:15 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I am also very sorry for what has happened to you Horn. With that being said, you've got some rough waters to navigate in your future, I highly recommend doing it sober. You will come out on top. If you are at the bottom of a bottle of scotch half the time you are handicapping yourself. rootin for ya man.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:33 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

I would have taken the $2M and kept drinking.

And I would have died. Or worse.

NOW the price for sobriety is whatever I can get my hands on.

Horn do what ya gotta do and come out the other side. Somehow you will. I just know stuff sometimes.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:12 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Well said being sober is truly priceless.

I think it is also important to remember that no matter the circumstance drinking alcohol is never the answer when you are an alcoholic. Doesn't matter whether our parents/kid died, it's our birthday, NYE, divorce, our favorite sports team wins the championship etc.. It is only going to make the situation worse and get us right back into the depths of addiction.

Plus drinking isn't going to get him the money anyway. If he drinks the situation is still going to be the same. Much better to face this situation sober and with a clear head.