Notices

Devastating News

Old 03-30-2018, 12:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Devastating News

About to finish two weeks of sobriety. I just found out my wife is having an affair. Anyone who has seen my posts knows my marriage has had its troubles.

I am numb right now. God help me when reality hits. I know, I know, alcohol will make it worse. But I am telling you, I really don’t give a flying fu** right now.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Very sorry to hear this Horn, life throws us some unbelievable punches at times. You may say that you don't care but if that was really true you would not have come here first, right? Asking for help instead of drinking is a very good choice.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is bad news that drinking can only make worse. Good luck bud.

On the plus side, there’s lots of cute sober chicks out there?
Old 03-30-2018, 12:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Very sorry to hear this Horn, life throws us some unbelievable punches at times. You may say that you don't care but if that was really true you would not have come here first, right? Asking for help instead of drinking is a very good choice.
Naw man, I really don’t care. I posted here because I have no one else to tell. All my in-person friends are drinkers and we have not been out in a while. My only other friend was my wife.

I needed a release so I posted here.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I agree with Scott, Horn. I'm sorry you've been hit with this, but you need to keep a clear head to deal with it. Please be kind to yourself & don't cave.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry but you will get through this ..
Life is such a bitch
Please don't drink it won't solve anything
You need a clear head
She's in the wrong ... Not you
Keep your head up my friend 😢
Caralara ❤️.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Horn95,

Perhaps a blessing in disguise? Now you can get rid of the wife (that you were already unhappy with), the stepdaughter (that you're unhappy with) and the MIL (that you're unhappy with). And find yourself a nice, good-looking, sweet dame instead. That's how I'd look at it-- a newfound freedom.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Agree with the others, drinking is only going to amplify bad feelings and it'll be worse after

Stay strong
Old 03-30-2018, 12:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Rar

I'm so sorry Horn. Indeed bad news. I think when we all say we're not going to drink again, we are hoping in the back of our minds that something awful will not befall us until we have some significant sober time behind us and are more able to cope. You are just coming off a slip and it will be challenging to not drink at this time. However, you are strong enough to stay sober Horn. As Scott and Hevyn pointed out, you need your wits about you in order to handle this with a clear head. Hang in there.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caralara144 View Post
I'm so sorry but you will get through this ..
Life is such a bitch
Please don't drink it won't solve anything
You need a clear head
She's in the wrong ... Not you
Keep your head up my friend 😢
Caralara ❤️.
Yeah, you’re right. But I am at the “fu** it” stage right now. And I am numb. I have no idea what I will do when reality sets in. And oh by the way, I am about to lose a fu** Ton of money. I didn’t get a prenup and a deal I have been working on is about to yield literally $4-$5 million dollars TO ME!!

And I am going to have to give that fu**ing bit$$ half.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry, Horn. I really am.

Hold your head up high and know you are doing the right thing. Your wife is in the wrong and it's on her.

I can imagine you are going through so much, but stay strong and focused and you will get through this.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

she had an affair on you and you lose money???
a drink wont help. what will is getting your ducks in a row- start RIGHT NOW to document EVERYTHING. get to an attorney ASAP.

yup, ya got the ****-its. very understandable. that doesnt mean a drink will help and you know dam well a drink wont help- it would ONLY be temporary relief.
not only that, getting drunk( and who knows when youd be able to stop again) will give HER something to add if a divorce occurs.

what happened to the amazing people in AA you mentioned a while ago?
getting your ass back in the chairs at meetings would be a great thing to do.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
she had an affair on you and you lose money???
a drink wont help. what will is getting your ducks in a row- start RIGHT NOW to document EVERYTHING. get to an attorney ASAP.

yup, ya got the ****-its. very understandable. that doesnt mean a drink will help and you know dam well a drink wont help- it would ONLY be temporary relief.
not only that, getting drunk( and who knows when youd be able to stop again) will give HER something to add if a divorce occurs.

what happened to the amazing people in AA you mentioned a while ago?
getting your ass back in the chairs at meetings would be a great thing to do.
Giving that bitch $2 million makes me want to ******* kill someone.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I feel for you, Horn, I really do. It's a rotten rotten thing to have to go thru. But having a drink now will be like throwing gasoline on a fire. And the only one who is going to get burned is you. Mixing alcohol with anger and heartbreak is not a positive thing. At least it never was for me. Whenever I did it, I wound up making things three times as bad as it should have been.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Horn, I can understand how angry you are, but you are going to have to let go of the money issue. Have you talked to a lawyer, and is there any way you can protect the money you are earning? But, keep in mind, it's 'just' money. There is more to life and happiness than that.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
Horn95,

Perhaps a blessing in disguise? Now you can get rid of the wife (that you were already unhappy with), the stepdaughter (that you're unhappy with) and the MIL (that you're unhappy with). And find yourself a nice, good-looking, sweet dame instead. That's how I'd look at it-- a newfound freedom.
This post reminded me of the one I'd read by you earlier last week Horn explaining your situation wife, MIL etc. I think DareDevil may have a point.

AV? AVoid.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am a ******* lawyer. I know exactly what is about to go down.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

(((Horn))) I am sorry, so sorry.
I'm here with ya, just listening. Lots of people have posted some great support stuff. It's also good to have someone to just listen.

Vent it out. Just get it all out. Don't hold back.
No judgments here. Just be mad in each moment, sit with me and yell at me about it. We can go from there. F-its mean nothing more than two fingers way up in the air at the world. I'll flip the bird with you.
Let's just get through each moment for now?
Narrow your mind down to the only thing that matters right now: YOU.

Wipe away all the other sh*t until you've had your moment to be upside down and hate the world. Then, and only when you're ready, you can think about the next step.
Right now, hang out here. Post. Be mad. Swear (yeah it gets filtered lol but we know) Be in the minute. Not the last one or the next one.

I am here. We all are.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horn95 View Post
This does not matter right in this moment. We can worry about that later.

Whatcha doing right now? Besides posting?
Old 03-30-2018, 01:44 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horn95 View Post
Perhaps there is a way to delay this until a divorce is final?
Either way I hope you can make it through this hard time sober. We are all here for you.
Kat