Notices

Solo Single Sober

Old 11-28-2017, 10:24 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Just hopping on the solo single sober train lol. Single for over a year, on day 17 I think. Just trying to make it stick this time, nothing is more important honestly. I need connection as well and will try face to face meetings but I don't want any toxic friends or unhealthy relationships so I proceed cautiously.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:41 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi all,
I'm getting to the end of day 3. Sleep is soso, but getting a bit more energetic and refocused on things in the outside world. Should be better again tomorrow.

This time, try and get a bit more connected with the people that I do know through various interests that I do have. Never thought about it before....but I don't really share drinking with anyone else. Always been a real solo act on that particular, uh, 'interest'. And it has become very self isolating.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:02 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 3 Canguy
Welcome LLG

D
Old 11-29-2017, 02:14 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I’m joining this thread—definitely solo, single, and working towards the sober part. I’m an at-home drinker, and there’s not much of an off switch these last couple months. In the last 3 years, it’s gone from a couple drinks one evening a week after work to binges every several days. The days of unwinding with one or two drinks are long gone, I see that now.
Glad That even though I’m single, I’m not alone.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:34 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Linners

D
Old 11-29-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I am enjoying being able to focus on me and my recovery.....it's gonna take a while and I have no desire to date. If it happens, it'll happen, but not any time soon....

Does anyone remember the VH1 show "Tough Love"? Well, while drunk I went online to fill out the audition form to be on the show (just to be a smartass). The first question was Why do you think you are single? and my answer was "Because I don't put up with any crap"

I can't imagine why they didn't call!
Old 11-29-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
hows everyone doing?

D
Haven't had anything to drink this week but am pretty tempted. Been a strange week at work. Had a nightmare job Monday but that happens sometimes. Had an assignment today with 5th graders. The other 5th grade teacher was extremely unfriendly from the start. Don't know why. Never worked at that school before. Thought maybe the school is just a negative place to work. That happens, but everyone else was real nice. She hardly said a word to me and didn't help at all. She clearly had a problem with me although we never met. She definitely didn't want me there for some reason.
Am working tomorrow at the same school I was at Monday. Was tempted to cancel the job but will stick it out. Teacher might be stuck without a sub and that wouldn't be right. Really worried about tomorrow. Looked up driving home looking for a full moon to blame but no luck.
Feel silly bringing this up on SR but I figured, no harm. John
Old 11-29-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope tomorrow is a different experience John - but even if it's not, it's just one day - you can do this...

make a list of other things you can do to relax and/or be nice to yourself

D
Old 11-29-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hope tomorrow is a different experience John - but even if it's not, it's just one day - you can do this...

make a list of other things you can do to relax and/or be nice to yourself

D
Making a list and giving myself permission to be nice to me helps me too!
Old 11-29-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Linners820 View Post
I’m joining this thread—definitely solo, single, and working towards the sober part. I’m an at-home drinker, and there’s not much of an off switch these last couple months. In the last 3 years, it’s gone from a couple drinks one evening a week after work to binges every several days. The days of unwinding with one or two drinks are long gone, I see that now.
Glad That even though I’m single, I’m not alone.
You're definitely not alone, Linners!
Old 11-29-2017, 07:16 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I'm doing well as a Solo Single Sober and started AA meetings in October which has really made me feel less alone even when I'm alone, if that makes sense. AA facetime with alcoholics helps me not feel so alone in the world.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:53 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

2much.....may not have been anything personal, or directed at you We really don't have any idea what circumstances others may be trying to deal with....

Hi Linners, welcome. Can relate to your experience....I'm here because I've really gotten worse over the last 6 months....and living solo, the brakes are just off. So have to do something.

Doing another day today on little sleep. Weather's hot, obligations of the day (such as they are) done.....and this is the point that I so often fall off. Hot. tired, sick of feeling like it. A few hours artificial relief. Then tomorrow its worse again. No....just have to push through it this time.

On we go people......
Old 11-30-2017, 05:04 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I am alone, just me and a cat. I go sober for a time, then relapse. I think I get lonely. I have long sober stretches. I have gone a year, 11 months, over a year, and many times months. I am on day 45 now. It is hard. I have had to learn my triggers and fight them. Sometimes I fail. I tell myself that I am better than I was. I used to drink every day. I am grateful for SR. Good thread. Thank you.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:34 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi Jim, welcome

45 days is really good going solo. You have some new daily routines now? Loneliness is a huge trigger, weekends can be like going to another planet and returning to earth on Monday.

I got through the Day4 afternoon....3 or 4 days and I often just sick of feeling like that and drink for some relief. Pushed through it....slept last night properly for the first time in weeks. Got up early, went for walk and a run...back here. Feeling so much better than in ages.

Ok....coffee!
Old 11-30-2017, 01:51 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's good to see you back again Jim

I hope the added support and ideas here will help

D
Old 11-30-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

You are doing great canguy. Keep it up!! John
Old 11-30-2017, 04:24 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I've shared the tough week I have had. Anybody interested or concerned about how my week is going? Don't mean this in a negative way, but just wondering. John
Old 11-30-2017, 04:44 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

....always interested John. It's how we get to know each other a little. Did you sort out the problem with the other teacher?
Old 11-30-2017, 04:45 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I realize everybody is dealing with their struggles, especially now, so I know people are busy with their own stuff and I understand that. And I also realize that people are dealing with stuff that is much worse than what I am going through. I am lucky to not have to deal with what many people are dealing with. But I am alone like many of you. I might just mention a bad week, but I am also dealing with the pain of the loss of loved ones. My sister is the only one left I have any contact with my family. I have nobody knocking at my door or calling me to come over for dinner, etc. I know Dee, volunteer and you are right. Get a dog and you are right and I have no real excuse to not do either one. I am much closer to those things than I have before, but a little love this site would be nice in the mean time. Maybe I'm asking too much from SR. Either way, I plan on taking a break from both SR and work to focus on myself and work on developing a more positive attitude and maybe find other outlets for my mental health. John
Old 11-30-2017, 04:56 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm always interested in what you say John. I'm not at all upset that you haven't volunteered or gotten a dog

I also think you do better when you're posting regularly here - but if you really feel you need an SR break then all the best to you.

D