Notices

Day One for me here...

Old 12-06-2004, 07:59 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Ama

Hey David,

I did that the other day - wrote a bit long post - poured everything into it and pressed the submit button - Hey Presto - CRASH......rewrote it but its just not the same as it doesnt recapture....

Hope you are doing well and please do keep posting as it reinforces and helps me and other I know too.

Luvs And Recovery Ama
Old 12-06-2004, 08:54 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
No expectations!

David and Ama,
That used to happen to me, too. Sometimes if it tells you you're not logged in when you try to submit a long post you can hit the back button a time or two and get back to what you wrote. Hope this helps!
Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-07-2004, 05:42 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Ama

(((Eddie))))

Thank you for that - yes if my head had been clearer I just may have done so - today I would but when it happened the fog and mist had not :-(

But today is bright yet chilly and there is no mist - Hurrah - Day 9!!!!! SR is really helping sooo very very much. Who could have ever believed that so many wonderful and caring friends seem to be just there when we need them. That in those moments of doubt - a post or thread appears as it by magic - reinforcing the message of acceptance just when needed.......I am so grateful and intend to stay sober again today with the help of recovering alcoholics in SR and AA and working hard on Step 1 and a wee bit of Step 2 also. I need to come to grips with the fact that something greater than I (that concept is not too difficult as I am just not that great at all at all) can and will take this from me if I hand it over (that is the hard bit!!!!) but I will work on it.

A good and sober and wonderful day to ALL Luvs And Recovery Ama
Old 12-07-2004, 07:10 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
No expectations!

You're welcome, Ama!
Now about those Steps...
SURRENDER!

Once you have truly admitted defeat in Step One, Two and Three come much more easily. And in terms of a Higher Power, just remember that if there is no power greater than yourself, that makes you God. LOL. Wishing you all the best in recovery!
Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-07-2004, 07:15 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Ama

Today I DO Surrender - as I am broken by Alcoholism - Completely and Utterly

Today I will stay sober and so win and my alcoholism will perhaps release one of its tenticles with which it grips so firmly and cancerously. Adhereance to Recovery means work ( I am happily willing to do that) and loosens their grip. I know the Steps will release me from its hold it I stick with it!!!

Hope all have a good and sober day!!!! Ama
Old 12-07-2004, 07:17 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Tryin' To Stay Smilin'

hey, guys,
went looking for somebodies in the chat room, but no luck -
anyone want to chat?

I'm having a pretty low day

I just don't know if I can do this!
Old 12-07-2004, 07:30 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

TIME = Things I must Earn. It happens on my H-P's time, not my time. As long as I take action and work the steps of this program I have a chance. "Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path."

I begrudgiingly accept that now, but man did that suck for the longest time.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:19 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by Ama
Today I DO Surrender - as I am broken by Alcoholism - Completely and Utterly
Today I will stay sober and so win...Hope all have a good and sober day!!!! Ama
Thanks, Ama! Hope I didn't offend with that thing about surrendering. Sounds like you've got it! Our local NA convention is called Surrender to Win. So that say that in AA where you are too, huh?
—EZ
Old 12-07-2004, 12:22 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Ama

((((Eddie)))))

Addiction is addiction - and gets its evil grips on us - the effects of destruction of mind body and soul are the outcome no matter what the poisin!!!

There are a time when I did not want to accept that the word Surrender would have eeked me. But it is a good word - it is a word devoid of ego!

Another one I that I had found useful and you have reminded me of is FEAR - F*** Everything And Run - or - Face Everything And Recover!!!! I had forgotten that and it is very true for me.

I am still sober and out the door now to get a little further aid to recovery!!!!

Luvs and Hugs to All - Ama
Old 12-07-2004, 03:04 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
No expectations!

(((((Ama)))))
Or F*** Everything And Relapse. Or False Expectations About Reality. And EGO—Easing God Out. How was your meeting?

And how's David?

Love and all that,
Eddie
Old 12-07-2004, 05:51 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm Debby, I have been where you are at what worked for me were the hot baths. As soon as I got out there was no pain. My withdrawl was 3 days, 1st day I was just scared, 2nd day was the hardest and by 3rd day I was feeling better. Let me know how you are coming along daily.
Debby
Old 12-13-2004, 08:04 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Sojourner

things that make you go HMMMMMMMmmmmm

i see there are some new people posting here ... cool... im back from washington now so ill be posting tonite as usualll.........

heres a thought though on god

Be still and

Know that you are

Generator
Organizer
Dispencer.

of all reality.

Yours daily

[JDG]Jester160
Old 12-13-2004, 08:11 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Ama

(((Jester)))

Glad you are back and hope you had a good trip.....I will check in and read your posts later......

((((Eddie)))))

Sorry I didnt reply but somehow missed your excellent Acronyms!!!!!

Luvs And Recovery Ama
Old 12-13-2004, 09:00 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by MightyJester160
Generator
Organizer
Dispencer.
No, wait, that's me! (I'm a pharmacist.) :Lmao Sorry, couldn't resist with that reference to dispensing.

Hey, Ama, where did David go?

—EZ
Old 12-13-2004, 09:55 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Sojourner

weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

hey im here ... thr mrs jester n i are just playing tonite ... bbl.. happy too..

one of the better parts of being sober is that the wife likes to be intimate ... and i remember in the morning....

Jesta.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:03 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Old 12-13-2004, 10:08 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Sojourner

seriously though

:yelling

this is a tough place to be .... coming here reminds me of the bad side of me ..... i am still an addict in the worst way.though im sober im just a dry addict as of now .. i need counciling and to start working the steps... the difference for me now from when i was useing is that now i see what i was hideing from ....my wife is trying to help me recover the strength i had before to work through things ... simple things ... life as it is .... i have a wife a job and kids ... being responsible to those things is the good life... pain is a reminder that youre alive ... that you have a goal ... avoid completeing it and the pain turns to suffering... we will never be pain free in our stay here on earth... there is no learning without pain for pain is the breaking of the shell of understanding... therin lise the just rewards of the people that choose to endure gods will... i can see the path only clear enough at this point to tell you it is there ... i do not know whay i know i need to be there as of yet for myself .... i can say that you need to see your path and go there ... when i can see more i will speak of it ... if it helps you then that will be a blessing of committment. i look foreward to these now to sharing with you all here and learning from you and trying to help any way i can..

like i said though i am just an addict..and just for today i am sober..

the 23rd of december will be 60 days for me... 2 months out of the 37 years of life ive lived...... these days are miricles for me ...

i think of you all daily as i remember we are all one ..

Yours Daily

[JDG]-Jester160
Old 12-13-2004, 11:23 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Paused

Keep to the path. The rewards at the end of it are bountiful.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:44 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Sojourner

Depock Chopra.

:wizard:

wizards live backwards in time ... merlin while trying to explain this to arthur gives the folowing example.....

come outside with me arthur .. and he follows... there in the clearing for me dig a trench....arthur does .... now replace the earth to the trench before you .... arthur does this as well..

apon completion of this task merlin asks of arthur, how do you feel about having done this task.... to which arthur replies i think it was pointless.
to which merlin replies had you been living backwards you would have seen that before you began digging and would have avoided it completely.

i like depock chopra alot and try to digest as much of what he has written and given in interviews.. some of the programed thoughts i cling to these trying days come straight from the books ive read or the conversations i have heard ... there is something for all of us in spirituality. i think its the part of us thats lacking understanding the most.. to begin to put into place boundries for sobriety that will not be broken i think its crittical that we all seek out our higher power from the get go...not only that its a part of the 12 steps . even before we were addicts we were given life by our higher power. how we strayed from his path holds the answers we seek in getting back onto his path. i think that is true for me .. and im just sharing it that way.

i am focoused on that right now as i try to learn from the written word that is not scripture how scripture was intended to provide the answers we need daily to the questions that we ask when we are about to try to come up with a justification for useing.. we inherintly are drawn down the path of our life..our lack of understanding of what we are seeing in our everyday life is the stumbling blocks that enable us to re lapse. or if we are not useing and never have used but rather we just are not fullfiled in our journey, i think the place we will discover our first signs where we went wrong will be the areas we made choices excludeing a spiritual perspective.

somehow this makes sense to me ... though it may sound like babbleing to you. i know there are alot of blanks in what ive written however there are not blanks in the way as thoughts these are flowing in my mind...

yours daily
[JDG]Jester
Old 12-14-2004, 06:07 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Ama

Jester!!!!

I really enjoyed your post - and yes re a previous one - it is soooo lovely to wake up and remember shared loving......it also means that we partook in it too your see - givers and not mindless receivers!!!! Luvs Ama