Notices

Day 2 - new member

Old 07-08-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome sf. A plan, professional support and a daily commitment to sobriety is what I have and need to do. So what I do and why, going to meetings, SR and plugging away at it everyday.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Susiegirl View Post
I've made it to Day 3 Sean - How about you? Did you sleep well?
Hi Susie, congrats on day 3, I made it too. The sleep was horrible, I had some intense dreams and woke up in a pool of sweat a few times. I feel quite run down today, constant runny nose and just tired. My next big challenge will be when I go home tomorrow from work as I'm in a quiet b&b in the middle of nowhere for the final night tonight. How are you doing?
Old 07-08-2017, 05:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Welcome sf. A plan, professional support and a daily commitment to sobriety is what I have and need to do. So what I do and why, going to meetings, SR and plugging away at it everyday.
Thanks PhoenixJ I'm currently working on my plan now, getting all the bases covered. This is a great site, I've been reading the recovery stories which are inspiring.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:08 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Just been for a run and feeling not too bad today Trying to keep myself distracted at all times.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

If you search Sobriety on Pinterest there's lots of cool quotes and pictures which are helpful, they pass some time too if you're having a crave wave.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

On day 4 now, on my way home from work which will be my biggest task so far, my sister has already messaged me to see if I'm going out drinking, when I said no she suggested getting some weed but I declined again. I had a nosebleed before one of my shows today which was a bit embarrassing, my nose felt like it was on fire but it's better now. My sister is staying at ours tonight so I might go out on my motorbike for a bit to clear my head and then watch a film or sleep. I'm going to return to the gym tomorrow morning so I'm just going to focus on that.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:08 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I didn't cave, I'm now in bed sweating eating a big bar of chocolate as a distraction haha. Good job I'll be at the gym tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good job. Enjoy the chocolate!
Old 07-09-2017, 11:50 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Made it to day 5, that was the worst night so far. Felt like I had about 3 hours sleep with some horrible nightmares, I feel like I have the flu this morning. My plan for today is to eat some fruit and cereal for breakfast, drag myself to the gym and then go to the cinema in the afternoon and watch Baby Driver and a nice long walk in the evening.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:17 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll feel better soon Sean - should do

D
Old 07-10-2017, 03:33 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi Sean. I've made it to Day 5 also and I am the complete opposite to you - I had an amazing sleep. I woke up at 6. Read the news on my phone and then fell back to sleep and didn't wake up until 1030am. How lazy am I? My body must have needed it. Congratulations to you also - we are nearly at a week - keep going X
Old 07-10-2017, 05:46 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi Sean. I've made it to Day 5 also and I am the complete opposite to you - I had an amazing sleep. I woke up at 6. Read the news on my phone and then fell back to sleep and didn't wake up until 1030am. How lazy am I? My body must have needed it. Congratulations to you also - we are nearly at a week - keep going X
Congrats to you on day 5 also, I can't wait for the first week mark. I'm jealous of your sleep haha, I'm sure I'll get a normal sleep rather soon. I looked after my brothers pug for the past few hours which was fun, he's a proper hyper little guy. How has your day been?
Old 07-10-2017, 09:06 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Day has been great so far - after waking up VERY late (for me that is) I went for a 7 mile run and thrashed my PB in 10K - I'm sure giving up the wine has helped me improve this, Just had a massive healthy lunch and now catching up with everyone on here. I'm off work with depression and anxiety at the moment but today I feel almost a normal human being - lol - I'm taking it one day at a time and that seems to be working for me. I'm not going to look too far in the future X
Old 07-10-2017, 09:22 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

So great that you guys have soberdate buddies! I also do here on this site and it is extra motivation to stay sober so she doesn't lose her soberdate buddy!
Old 07-10-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Susiegirl and SF87, you seem to be on the right track, so please keep going. I am on day 6 myself, and it's slowly getting better.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:21 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Day has been great so far - after waking up VERY late (for me that is) I went for a 7 mile run and thrashed my PB in 10K - I'm sure giving up the wine has helped me improve this, Just had a massive healthy lunch and now catching up with everyone on here. I'm off work with depression and anxiety at the moment but today I feel almost a normal human being - lol - I'm taking it one day at a time and that seems to be working for me. I'm not going to look too far in the future X
Wow, 7 miles is amazing, I'm trying to do more cardio but I'm slowly improving on the treadmill before going back to weights which is what I know better. I'm sure as I carry on with sobriety i will improve my running. I'm glad to hear that you're feeli g better. I spent the afternoon at the movies, I watched Baby Driver which I thoroughly recommend. Spending the evening at my friends house but I have to put up with them all watching Love Island later haha.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:48 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock View Post
Hi Susiegirl and SF87, you seem to be on the right track, so please keep going. I am on day 6 myself, and it's slowly getting better.
Hi CaptainHaddock, I'm sure it's going to keep getting better as long as we carry on doing what we're doing. Nearly at your 1 week mark
Old 07-10-2017, 11:49 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by applewakesup View Post
So great that you guys have soberdate buddies! I also do here on this site and it is extra motivation to stay sober so she doesn't lose her soberdate buddy!
Thanks applewakesup, it does add an extra motivation to stay sober, long may it continue!
Old 07-10-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi Captain Haddock- glad you could join us - Do you feel any different yet?

Sean - Will you mates be drinking in front of you? I think I would find it hard not to join in at this stage. I was meant to watch Love Island when it started but must have got pissed and fell asleep and never made an attempt to watch it again.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:27 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi Captain Haddock- glad you could join us - Do you feel any different yet?

Sean - Will you mates be drinking in front of you? I think I would find it hard not to join in at this stage. I was meant to watch Love Island when it started but must have got pissed and fell asleep and never made an attempt to watch it again.
Oh no Susie, these are normies haha, I'm at my friend Chris and Holly's house, Holly is almost ready to pop with their first baby and Meg is their housemate. I've had some Coca-Cola and they've had tea and Lilt. I've had next to no cravings this evening as I've kept my mind busy. How has your evening treated you?