Notices

Day 2 - new member

Old 07-10-2017, 01:37 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I've just jumped into bed to read some of my book before I go to sleep. 'Normies'- too funny. No cravings whatsoever this evening been too busy watching the Nadal match on Wimbledon. We've had 5 whole days of no alcohol now - Woo Hoo !!!! Hope you have a better sleep tonight and I'll catch up with tomorrow - Good night X
Old 07-10-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Susiegirl View Post
I've just jumped into bed to read some of my book before I go to sleep. 'Normies'- too funny. No cravings whatsoever this evening been too busy watching the Nadal match on Wimbledon. We've had 5 whole days of no alcohol now - Woo Hoo !!!! Hope you have a better sleep tonight and I'll catch up with tomorrow - Good night X
Haha can't believe I watched Love Island over a Nadal match, 5 days is great, well done to us both I'm just watching a little tv in bed now so hopefully I'll have a sound sleep. Goodnight x
Old 07-11-2017, 02:56 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Day 6 today, actually had a decent nights sleep and went to the gym again. I'm looking after my brothers dog again today I find he's a very helpful distraction.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:47 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Total opposite - I had an awful sleep last night - lol. Went for a run this morning and then weighed in at local slimming club (lost 1.5 lb - Yey !!!) and then had my hair done. Feeling quite tired now - may just have to have a nap. Day 6 for us - doing well aren't we?
Old 07-11-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Total opposite - I had an awful sleep last night - lol. Went for a run this morning and then weighed in at local slimming club (lost 1.5 lb - Yey !!!) and then had my hair done. Feeling quite tired now - may just have to have a nap. Day 6 for us - doing well aren't we?
Sorry to hear about your sleep, at least if you're tired you should knock yourself out later. Congrats on the weight loss, how do you find their dinners? Yes we are doing well, I got quite bored this afternoon but I've had some dinner now and I'm off to my friends house again for the evening. I got myself some Ben & Jerry's for the freezer in case I crave anything later on. Nearly a week for us 😃
Old 07-11-2017, 09:46 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I'm on slimming world and normally cook from scratch - I love my food and you can eat a lot of it. I don't feel I'm restricting myself too much. May have a cheat night tonight though - thinking Pizza - MMMM !!!
Old 07-11-2017, 10:18 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'm on slimming world and normally cook from scratch - I love my food and you can eat a lot of it. I don't feel I'm restricting myself too much. May have a cheat night tonight though - thinking Pizza - MMMM !!!
I'm a foodie too, love that show Man V Food. Now is definetly now the tome to restrict any eating habits. Pizza is only good if you do it right, I have to have some kind of meat feast, I hope you're not doing anything silly like making a vegetarian one haha
Old 07-11-2017, 11:19 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Veggie - Nooooo ! Not me. I'm only little but there is nothing better than a big fat juicy steak and chips. I only had Margherita Pizza's in so I ate half of that. That was enough for my craving. I'll be back to eating healthy again tomorrow. Haven't been feeling myself today so just gave in to naughty food. Already in my PJ's so I am not tempted to go to the shop and buy some wine. X
Old 07-11-2017, 12:51 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Veggie - Nooooo ! Not me. I'm only little but there is nothing better than a big fat juicy steak and chips. I only had Margherita Pizza's in so I ate half of that. That was enough for my craving. I'll be back to eating healthy again tomorrow. Haven't been feeling myself today so just gave in to naughty food. Already in my PJ's so I am not tempted to go to the shop and buy some wine. X
Just to clarify, I was referring to the pizza. I don't want to come across as prejudice against vegetarians haha. Sometimes the Bad food helps in times like this, I forgot how much of a minefield supermarkets are when you turn sober, I completely avoided the bad aisles but there was "special offers" everywhere which I had to look way from. I'm watching the Lego Batman movie now which is pretty funny. I can't wait till tomorrow is over because Thursday morning i have a job in Germany and that'll keep me distracted until Monday.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:18 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Made it to day 7! Had very vivid dreams last night that I was in a bar with people I hadn't seen since school, they were all normal but I was desperate to drink more than them and I was scurrying around trying to find places to do coke and making friends with the bartenders to try and get extra booze, it felt real as if I had broken my early sobriety. I was so happy to wake up just now and realise it was a dream. I'm going to get up, go to the gym again and then see my brothers dog whilst he's at work.
Old 07-12-2017, 01:30 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Wow - we made the first week - Day 7. Congratulations! My first 5 days I felt ok but yesterday and today just don't feel 100%- hopefully its just a little blip. Haven't really been tempted to drink. Just thinking if I had turned to my wine how much worse I would be feeling. At least I feel as if I can cope with the day. Not much planned to day - Have an appointment with me works doctor this morning which is half an hour away. It looks as if its going to be a nice day. Not going for a run today as I have run 10 miles in the last 2 days so think I should give my legs a rest. Shall catch up with you later X
Old 07-12-2017, 02:01 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats guys

D
Old 07-12-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thanks D
Old 07-12-2017, 06:02 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Wow - we made the first week - Day 7. Congratulations! My first 5 days I felt ok but yesterday and today just don't feel 100%- hopefully its just a little blip. Haven't really been tempted to drink. Just thinking if I had turned to my wine how much worse I would be feeling. At least I feel as if I can cope with the day. Not much planned to day - Have an appointment with me works doctor this morning which is half an hour away. It looks as if its going to be a nice day. Not going for a run today as I have run 10 miles in the last 2 days so think I should give my legs a rest. Shall catch up with you later X
Sometimes you do just get those days and you have to deal with them without turning to substances where we would have in the past, I've seen the quote in here a few times about how your worst day sober is still better than the best day being drunk. I hope your appointment went well' the sun is shining here too so I'm going to go look at the sea. Have a great day.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:12 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Grateful Recovering Alcoholic

Hang in there Sean, you will love sobriety! One day at a time, do what is necessary to stay sober. You will find yourself.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:14 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Nice ! Day 7!
It's great to read the progress and positiveness..
Rock it today!
Old 07-12-2017, 09:36 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thanks sweetnlow77 and Midnight Rider. Today's been quite frustrating I think it could be because the suns out and I usually associate that with bad things but I'm just going to lay down and listen to music through headphones for a while.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:09 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi Sean, I've struggled today also. Had about 1 hour strong craving earlier - I nearly cracked but beat it off. It's just gone 7pm now and I feel fine. I would have probably been on my way to pick up my second bottle of wine now if I had cracked. Day 6 & 7 have definitely been my hardest so far. X
Old 07-12-2017, 12:43 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi Sean, I've struggled today also. Had about 1 hour strong craving earlier - I nearly cracked but beat it off. It's just gone 7pm now and I feel fine. I would have probably been on my way to pick up my second bottle of wine now if I had cracked. Day 6 & 7 have definitely been my hardest so far. X
Hey Susie, I'm so happy you didn't crack! Well done you can do this! We just have to ride out those cravings and they will start to get smaller and easier to handle. Have you had a nice evening since? I had to break out that ice cream from the other day and I'm watching Friends now. Have you read that Allen Carr book 'the easy way to control drinking'? X
Old 07-12-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

No I haven't. Is it any good? I was looking for a book to download on my kindle earlier.
Yesterday and today I have not been very good on my diet but I guess if that has to suffer while I'm trying to knock the wine on the head then so be it. Just come up to bed now to read a little - hoping for a good night sleep tonight as I a feeling quite tired.
Good for you eating that ice cream - its savoury things that are my downfall. (cheese and crisps mainly)
We can safely say we have now completed a week- Yay !!! Well done to us X