Notices

Day 2 - new member

Old 07-12-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Susiegirl View Post
No I haven't. Is it any good? I was looking for a book to download on my kindle earlier.
Yesterday and today I have not been very good on my diet but I guess if that has to suffer while I'm trying to knock the wine on the head then so be it. Just come up to bed now to read a little - hoping for a good night sleep tonight as I a feeling quite tired.
Good for you eating that ice cream - its savoury things that are my downfall. (cheese and crisps mainly)
We can safely say we have now completed a week- Yay !!! Well done to us X

Yes I recommend it, it'll make you see alcohol in a different light. It strips away all the "glamour" of alcohol and it's a fun read. If I were you I definetly wouldn't worry too much about the diet, if it helps take your mind off the wine then eat as much crisps and cheese as you like. I bet as soon as you start feeling better then your diet will return to normal. Just remember how well you're doing and continue all your good work. Yes, well done us 1 week done! Now onto the next one! X
Old 07-12-2017, 02:10 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Proud of you both, Sean & Susie - 7 days is fabulous.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:14 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Proud of you both, Sean & Susie - 7 days is fabulous.
Thanks Hevyn. I'm determined to keep it up.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:38 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Day 8 today, was having a decent sleep until a friend tried to do a video call in a Facebook group chat at 3am to about 8 people so he annoyed a few of us, I'm guessing he was drunk haha. Had some really weird dreams after that, really vivid ones. I was in a hotel in one of the dreams and I had all kinds of bugs and worms in my hair that kept falling out and it was horrific. The other dream was kind of cool though, I was in Egypt and found a glowing sword in the sand which I used to fight this demon fella with a dog head, maybe he was the demon of alcohol haha. I'm off to Germany today for work so that should distract me until Monday at least.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:21 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi Sean. Yes Day 8 for us - Wow - what weird dreams you are having. Can't say I have had any. Last couple of days I have woken up with a bit of a headache (like a tension headache) - not sure what the cause of that is - perhaps I'm not hydrating myself enough.
I actually had a very good nights sleep last night and the only reason I woke up was because a text message came through on my phone. It wasn't until 9am so can't grumble.
Hope you have a lovely time in Germany (never been). Keep in touch X
Old 07-13-2017, 05:15 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi Sean. Yes Day 8 for us - Wow - what weird dreams you are having. Can't say I have had any. Last couple of days I have woken up with a bit of a headache (like a tension headache) - not sure what the cause of that is - perhaps I'm not hydrating myself enough.
I actually had a very good nights sleep last night and the only reason I woke up was because a text message came through on my phone. It wasn't until 9am so can't grumble.
Hope you have a lovely time in Germany (never been). Keep in touch X
Yes indeed, a funny thing happened as I was driving earlier too, a small spider jumped down onto my face from my hair haha, freaked me out a bit. Ive had tgiae headaches too and I think they are due to lack of water or possibly sugar? Especially with all that running you've been doing the past week. I woke at half 7 this morning due to building work so you definetly can't complain Thank you, I've been before a few times, it's a cool place. I did have a horrible drunk experience there where I got so drunk I didn't know what my hotel was called or where it was and I was stuck outside for about 3 hours in just a t-shirt in -12 degree weather. It's safe to say that won't be happening this time. I will stay in touch, have a lovely day
Old 07-14-2017, 01:29 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 9 is upon me. Felt a bit down last night just getting anxious about having to always be on guard for alcohol pangs but just have to take it day by day and not get too overwhelmed.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:06 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Sean but I let the side down and had some wine last night. I have been struggling over the last few days with missing my daughter so I'm back to Day 1 today. On a positive note I am having a lot more sober days than I used to. Feeling low today and I don't know if its because I drank wine last night or if it just a continuation of how I have been feeling over the last few days. I will definitely be having a sober weekend.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:17 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Sean but I let the side down and had some wine last night. I have been struggling over the last few days with missing my daughter so I'm back to Day 1 today. On a positive note I am having a lot more sober days than I used to. Feeling low today and I don't know if its because I drank wine last night or if it just a continuation of how I have been feeling over the last few days. I will definitely be having a sober weekend.
It's ok Susie you haven't let anyone down, it's great that you're back here with the sober mind frame. Like you said, you've had more sober days and that is positive. I hope you feel better as the day goes on, there's no point dwelling on it, only look forward
Old 07-14-2017, 02:19 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I am looking forward. Its a blip that's all. As long as I continue to go long periods sober I'm sure I'll get there in the end. You are doing awesome X