Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Let's hear it for our Furry (and not so furry) Friends Weekender 19-21st May.

Notices

Let's hear it for our Furry (and not so furry) Friends Weekender 19-21st May.

Old 05-18-2017, 03:44 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Oh, I'm sorry about Henry, Ken!
Old 05-18-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

ST what a cute little scruffy!
Old 05-18-2017, 08:45 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm in!
I love this topic -
Least....it's so good to see Jack and Billie.
my dogs are the loves of my life. I am so thankful for their company and love. They are another reason to stay sober....to take good care of them.
ok...time to go to sleep...see you over the weekend.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:14 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Looking forward to those pics Ken!

So many good reasons to stay sober on this thread.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:02 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Yes! Welcome, Caramel!
Old 05-19-2017, 03:15 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

((((((Ken)))))
Old 05-19-2017, 03:58 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning all. My scruffy puppy is often up early playing with his ball. He rarely lets me sleep in and will jump up on the bed several times to let me know he needs feeding. These days it's so much easer to get out of bed and please the puppy. I'm grateful for that.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:13 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I don't have pets as it's part of the terms and conditions of the place I am renting.

However, my mother has a cat. I could pop round tomorrow (which I'm aiming to be first full day off alcohol in a good long while). I'm going to be feeling ill so perhaps your parent and a cute cat will work wonders.

I like the idea said earlier in this thread about sponsoring animals, plus I've not been to the Zoo since 1998!
Old 05-19-2017, 04:40 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I wonder if Lunar will show up with a therapy spider.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:54 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I'm in!

I have 2. An ancient (at least 17 years old) Chihuahua mix, Beans and a Sheppard/collie mix Buki. (I want to respect their privacy so those are their nicknames, lol).

Buki is a rescue we got a little over a year ago so he hasn't seen me drunk. Beans has been with us for 17 years so she has seen it all. I used to have a terrier mix (Poochie) that passed 2 years ago and he was the love of my life! I still miss him and dream about him.

I love them deeply and they bring SO much happiness to my life. It really is amazing the effect that they have on me.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:57 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'll take a sober weekend with my two crazy cats 😊😊 They're sisters and only a year old, so they're still young enough to find ways to get into trouble, and they're always entertaining.

Enjoy a nice clear-headed, sober weekend everyone.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Tynesider! I read into your post that you are planning to drink today. I'm guessing that I won't talk you out of it but do stick around as there are a lot of people who have successfully ditched booze who can help. It was my eldest daughter that told me about sponsoring animals at London Zoo as I live in a block of flats (apartments) so it is not practical to have a pet.

I hope Lunar is OK.

I have had a tough morning at work. Roll on 5.30pm.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Welcome to Weekenders Tynesider! I read into your post that you are planning to drink today. I'm guessing that I won't talk you out of it but do stick around as there are a lot of people who have successfully ditched booze who can help. It was my eldest daughter that told me about sponsoring animals at London Zoo as I live in a block of flats (apartments) so it is not practical to have a pet.
It's not that I'm planning on drinking today, it's that I've already drank before I made my first post, which is why tomorrow is my official day one. Today was the day I made my decision.

Thank you for your very kind welcome.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Q: What is worse than being at work and being overwhelmed?
A: Being at work and having NOTHING to do.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:57 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I hope your workdays improve, Sao and LB!
Old 05-19-2017, 09:41 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Tynesider, I think going by your mom's and seeing the cat tomorrow are a good idea. Take care of yourself.

Work. Bleah. I'm ready to go home and it's not even noon. I started taking medication the other day for depression and another for helping me quit smoking. For two days now I've been having horrendous anxiety - like the anxiety I used to have when I absolutely needed a drink. Since I know it is one of the medications or the other, I'll not take either tonight and then start up tomorrow with one, then the other, to see which is causing this awful feeling.

Should be an interesting weekend. Mr. Ruby went out again last night and is now saying he wants to go to treatment. I'm to take him at 3:30. We'll see if this actually happens or if he suddenly decides tomorrow that he's all better and doesn't need to go. He's been before. He keeps relapsing.

Meanwhile, I'm having two storm doors installed tomorrow and will be chasing kids around.

Tetra, cute rabbit. I like that quote you posted about grandmothers. I know you miss yours. Hugs.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:01 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Work has been hectic this week. Had my doctors appointment at noon and decided not to go back. Sitting in the back yard with a soda and enjoying the mild weather. I didn't go all out with the doc, kinda chickened out and just let him ask the questions. I'm getting a full blood workup, including liver function then a physical when I go back in a few weeks.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:13 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Here's my other two cats, Franny (black and white) and Zippy (black and grey long hair tiger).

Old 05-19-2017, 02:05 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

They're very nice-looking cats, Least!
Old 05-19-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

All four of them get along well. No fights, tho many 'play fights'. Billie was hell on the cats for the first six months after I got her. She's finally calmed down, a year later, and mostly leaves the cats alone. Mostly...