Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Let's hear it for our Furry (and not so furry) Friends Weekender 19-21st May.

Notices

Let's hear it for our Furry (and not so furry) Friends Weekender 19-21st May.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm in.

Lots of cats and a dog
Old 05-18-2017, 10:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have a nice cat who only comes inside during cold weather. She's a talkative tortie who came from a shelter and purrs a lot. She runs out to greet me when I get home.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekeders least and Weev1!

Good to see you Trees, I hope you are well.

Tricky decision CreativeThinker, it depends how attached you are to the Pomeranian I suppose.

I am about so set of for home, it is still raining - I may have to swim for it.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm in, I have two cats, Edie and Marget. Edie is an elderly tortoise shell who, like Solarion's cat, comes running when I get home. More like a dog than cat. We also have a rabbit named Lola. Technically it is my daughter's rabbit but you all know the "but Mom, I PROMISE to take care of it! Please?!!!" She actually does an okay job.

And, I seem to have adopted some wildlife in my back yard. A very small possum started coming on my porch last year. Survived the winter. Now it's a bigger possum. Last night two possums were on the porch. Husband doesn't like them. I do. We'll see where this goes. The bigger one growled at husband so apparently it's a possum of discernment
Old 05-18-2017, 10:34 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

LOL!
Old 05-18-2017, 10:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I've got nothing to add on this topic.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:44 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm in!

Two cats and a dog here. Dog was a rescue - He's a papillon with some issues. Cute as heck, but doesn't have very good bathroom habits. My cats both came from shelters, and are good girls. I have pictures of all of them but not on my work computer. I'll see if I can post pics later.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:00 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Our 4th Goldie over 40 Years, and an experienced RV Trailer Traveler. He's also been a good Ambassador insofar as meeting fellow Addicts at the local Dog Parks. The cadre of DUI Recipients I've come to know locally include the Gent who did all our Retirement House Stamped Concrete Patio Work. Also, a Handyman I hire. Thus, I'm helping both these Fellows pay off the usual $10,000 that seems to be the going Tab for DUI-related Expenses. A local Waitress Pal also got one, and joined our informal Sober Social Circle. I helped her find a House to rent when she split from her BF amicably.

Through our Dogs meeting up, I've helped a Sober local Vet find safe places to park his Full-Time RV w/o getting rousted, and run off.

All because of a goofy, People-lovin' Pooch at the Dog Park...

Old 05-18-2017, 11:20 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

In!
Old 05-18-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

This is Freddie and Lily. Freddie is an orange tiger, Lily is black and white. They are good buddies. I got Lily from Chicory.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see MesaMan.

Freddie the orange tiger looks like he has just woken up

It will NOT stop raining here!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20170518_204354.jpg (54.0 KB, 66 views)
Old 05-18-2017, 01:16 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Beautiful comfortable-looking cats, least
Old 05-18-2017, 02:24 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

Shitzupuppy person and shitzu puppy furbaby are in!
Old 05-18-2017, 02:42 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Sao, I wish we were having your rain even if I have to swim in it. It's been so dusty, warm and windy. Gravel was pelting my legs while waiting for the train this morning. We need it to be tamped down.

This day is almost, almost over but for a stop at the grocery store. milk, cat food, kale for the rabbit. Rabbit eats more healthy food than the rest of us.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

This is Daisy. My little ball of fur and my little Angel. I have cried into her fur many times. Now she lives with my parents who take very good care of her. She loves my dad in particular and when I arrive for the weekend I am known as the "bunny-catcher" because I try to catch her for a hug while she runs away.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:54 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Unfortunately I have had a very stressful week at work and again I did think about drinking tonight. However then I remembered that if my Grandmother had still lived, she would be 92 today. Her death was a huge shock to me and all of us as we did think she would live to be at least 95. And she was still very "with it" until the final day.

However when I think of her now, the grief and loneliness have lessened and nowadays I remember her and smile. And I do think of her every single day, mostly in the morning when I am getting ready for work and putting on my earrings and make up in the mirror. I can picture her in my mind's eye, with one hand on her hip and shaking her finger at me and saying "never be late and mind your good job!"

She would have loved hearing about my job as a P.A. to a busy consultant at a large hospital. (Side note: I always thought of myself as a secretary until one day my consultant phoned in sick and the whole place was in an uproar as apparently he hadn't taken a sick day in about 30 years. All of the other doctors were coming to me and saying jokingly: 'Tetra, where is he? You are the P.A. You should know! Send him some flowers!' Whatever he does when he is off hospital grounds is none of my business.)

"I am fooling only myself when I say my Grandmother exists now only in the photograph on my bedside table or in the outline of my hand or in the armful of memories I still hold tight. She lives on in everything I do. Her presence influenced who I was and her absence influences who I am. Our lives are shaped as much by those who leave us as they are by those who stay. Loss is our legacy. Insight is our gift. Memory is our guide."

I don't know where I found that quote but it is still my favourite.

It would be poor form of me to drink on my Grandmother's birthday - the woman who was a second mother to me. The person who loved me so much and the only person on my mother's side who cared about me and I cared a lot for her too.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

We have not seen Thumper or Jezebel for a while. Those would be the bunnies that were staying under our deck.

Getting some homework done, after a nap and some cleaning.. thinking about heading out for ice cream and such but I'm afraid to because outings are when the worst cravings hit me, when I am near a state store I can stop at. I most likely will stay in, water the plants, watch Grey's Anatomy.. do homework til I fall asleep.

Then once these assignments are done, I have to study, work on my care planning, and look up meds.. Trying to prioritize things..
Old 05-18-2017, 03:21 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekendets Caramel!

You all have such cool pets it makes me a little jealous that I can't have any.

Ruby, you or anyone else is welcome to some of our rain. It is monsoon like.

Bedtime for this primate.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:39 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

This is my 'Scruffy Puppy'. He was not feeling very well on the day we took this.
ScruffyPuppySick.JPG
Old 05-18-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Such a fun weekender! Thanks Sao!

IN! I will post my boys pics over the weekend. Henry who has left us and the Chuckster. Kitty extraordinaire!