Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Let's hear it for our Furry (and not so furry) Friends Weekender 19-21st May.

Notices

Let's hear it for our Furry (and not so furry) Friends Weekender 19-21st May.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:52 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Ok I have to talk about this because I'm either going to have a heart attack here or cracking up - which ever happens first.
My consultant handed me a histopathology report about 6 weeks ago with a note saying 'chart please - urgent'. I checked at that time to see where the chart was. At the time he was an inpatient. There was no way I could get the chart at that time so I put it in my tray. I was tidying up a bit today and I found the report so now I was able to get the chart. I note that the patient has cancer and is currently having chemo under a different consultant. So he has cancer in two different places? I spoke to my dad and he said "try not to worry if he is already having chemo. It's very hard on a person. There is no way he could have 2 types of treatment at once". I did ask my friend if I am going to get in trouble over this. She said "I wouldn't think so. Just get the chart now and leave it out for him. He will probably write a letter with some mention of the delay. If it was really serious your doctor would have been getting letters from the other doctors involved".

The thing is though that my doctor is extremely thorough. I wrote on SR one time that he had gone to Dublin for the weekend and he skipped out of work like an excited child. I think Sao here came up with the suggestion that "maybe he has another woman" which made me laugh at the idea of it. He never seemed like the type.

At our Christmas party I mentioned to someone that "my friend thinks he is having an affair" as a joke. She had had a few drinks and didn’t laugh. She did say "he did have a brief affair once a long time ago". I nearly fell off my chair in shock.

Anyway I'm just worried now...about everything really. I could get in trouble for this.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Anyway I don't know why I'm just rambling on and on. I've been working there now for almost a year. In that time I have learned a couple of things:

1) I'm a lot stronger inside than I ever gave myself credit for. My therapist used to say "you play the lost little girl act extremely well but inside you have an inner strength like a core of steel" and

2) EVERY ONE on this earth has problems. Some are just a lot better at hiding it than others.

I used to go out with a guy who told me "you are very quiet. You don't speak much. But that's ok. Your eyes tell me everything I need to know".

I am trying to comfort myself with the thought that I am also very nice. Our landlord has put a big sign in the window saying 'rooms to rent. Please call..." A couple arrived at the door last night telling me they had aranged to meet him but he was running late. I couldn't leave them outside so I invited them in to the kitchen for a cup of tea. They told me "thank you. You are very kind".

At work today someone told me on the phone "thanks so much. You are a dote".

I can't lose my job. I just can't.

I'm going to a group meeting tomorrow so I'll be able to spill my guts face to face and get some helpful feedback hopefully.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

I'll be praying for you.

You have such an excellent record to date; you've been an exemplary employee. Surely that will factor into the judgment (at least I hope it does).
Old 05-24-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Thank you Gilmer
Old 05-24-2017, 04:04 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Tetra - I would be COMPLETELY SHOCKED if you got fired. Everyone makes mistakes at work. I think everything will be ok. Hang in there.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Old 05-24-2017, 07:52 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Wow...tomorrow is the new thread already. ...time flies.
tetra...I can't imagine you'd be fired. We all make mistakes sometimes. ..it's human to make mistakes. But I can relate to your worry. I hope it going to be ok for you.
ok...I'm looking forward to the long weekend already.
I hope everyone is doing well tonight.