Notices

April Fools Weekender 31st March - 2nd April

Old 03-31-2017, 02:19 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I hope it's just a cold Brenda.

No Crazy Golf for me tonight, too tired.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:47 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

What's crazy golf? Does it glow in the dark?
Old 03-31-2017, 05:03 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I'm in for the weekend bus trip. Glad to be aboard again.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:04 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
What's crazy golf? Does it glow in the dark?
*interested as well.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone and happy anniversary Sunshine
Old 03-31-2017, 05:32 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I just feel like everything under the sun is wrong with my body lately.. Right now I'm getting little shooting pain headaches, which are probably withdrawal related.. but recently I've had this swelling and discomfort in my neck and a bulging appearance almost like I have an Adam's Apple, and I think I either have a goiter or I'm paranoid because thyroid cancer is so prevalent in the area where I live.. I don't want to go to the doctor to be told no I just have a fat neck, but I've lost weight, it has definitely gotten more bulgey. Absolutely that's a word.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:39 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

BC- fear of the unknown leaves us with no control. Seeing a doc. sounds like a very good idea.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:06 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Omg my husband got home and said well it look like we are not going to the beach tomorrow because of the weather so I am going to have some wine. I had to beg him not to.

I wanted to jump out of my skin when he said okay but I want it (what) i just went in autopilot.

I ate like a lot and I still really really want wine. I'm a wino 😕Sorry for the dramatic rant I feel out of sorts. I'm going to stay reading here
Old 03-31-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Well I'm not going to drink. Nothing good that way lies. I hope everyone else finds a way to follow suit.

Keep talking to each other! Are you guys in a Class thread, Badger and SAH and BC?

At least the three of you can kind of stick together in this thread - all of you just quitting again.

I just can't even imagine it any more.

I took my walk back on the local horse/forest trail again. This time I went really far, and was worn out coming back - it's all hills. Two hours of that was a lot for me.

I heard two Great Horned Owls calling back and forth, they're likely on eggs or chicks right now! Or according to this video, maybe just meeting up for the evening hunt. Pretty cool *HooHoo* HOO* Hoooo* Hoo Hoo*...they were very high up in some thick pines, I couldn't see them, they blend right in. I listened to them call back and forth for ten minutes or so, until I got too close and they became quiet.

I also saw Mr. & Mrs. Easter Bunny out hiding eggs. They were rather annoyed at a large Labrador Retriever and scurried back into the tall grass and blackberry brambles.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:26 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Bimin- yep February 17 class.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:52 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi, I am here and technically this is day 0 (zero) for me since I had 2 beers before work this morning (after drinking last night). It was a long day. I worked 9-5:30 without a break. I actually had a couple quick restroom breaks, one of which I threw up my lunch. Felt better later in the afternoon, and somehow made it to the end of my shift. So happy to be home with my child and just resting and enjoying being sober. We had dinner and now we are just watching tv, taking it easy. It was a long day for both of us. I'm looking forward to a sober weekend along with all of you. It will be my first sober weekend in a while, but I am done with this toxic cycle!
Old 03-31-2017, 08:23 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
I feel like I'm starting to come down with the flu..
Sorry to hear that, Brenda. I know the feeling. I had stomach flu 3-4 days earlier this week, and I got sick after lunch at work today. Feeling better now, and I'm enjoying my sober Friday night! Hope you feel better soon too! Just remember, it will pass. Rest and hydrate.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:29 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good bronzei that you stopped!

I'm still here biminiblue 😬 I'm in no class I am usually here or in the follies tread it's super funny.

And I was on the chat room tonight. 😀
Old 03-31-2017, 08:47 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I signed up with the March Class earlier this month (a really great group) but am just venturing out to post for the first time in the big SR sandbox (though been lurking and reading and reading and reading and ... well, you get the idea).

Am posting now because even though I pledged to remain sober tonight in my class thread, AV was so close to turning me a few hours later.

After decades of "tomorrow I'll quit" I finally started down the road of gaining some non-drinking days under my belt (thanks in large part to finding SR). I'm only on Day 5 now (11 days before that and 13 days before that since late February). Added together, what I've done in the past month is almost more than I've done in the past 30 years (had one 30-day stretch a long time ago). Chronic pain issues add an extra layer of difficulty in not drinking, especially since I often don't get to sleep until the early morning hours.

In any case, I had never dipped into a Weekender thread before but am so glad I did because after reading everyone's posts about those drinking-nights and day-after repercussions (all of which I've experienced) the scales tipped in sobriety's favor. So thanks Sao, LadyBlue, Carlygirl, and everyone else who chimed in. You helped me stay sober tonight.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:08 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great sober weekend guys remember we're here for anyone struggling it's ok we get it

Old 03-31-2017, 10:09 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

support sunsh- a trigger. support to you
Old 03-31-2017, 10:33 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi everybody!

Belated? happy anniversary sunshine.

SAH, i'm guessing/hoping you were able to stay away from the wine... I'm a wino too. Or used to be. I don't know whether I should refer to myself as a drinker or non-drinker anymore.

BC, i'm sorry you're not well. Get a lot of rest and stay hydrated (with water and juice) and I really hope you feel better quick.

Argillaceous, I can only imagine what you must be going through with the pain issues. Stay strong and try to remember that while alcohol will make the immediate pain go away, it exacerbates the long term pain.

This is my 2nd weekend sober. Woke up to a bright and sunny Saturday morning. Having tea and checking in here. I mentioned on the March 2017 class thread that I had my 1st AA meeting yesterday. It went well so I will continue to go at least twice a week. I really hope I don't face any triggers or temptations this weekend (or ever again!!!). AV is the worst! For now i'm feeling really good.

Later people!
Old 03-31-2017, 10:42 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hello! A bit late to arrive but am here. Day 1, again. April fools day. Coz I'm a fool. I can't stop drinking. Congrats to those who have made Friday already. I'm going to get through Saturday without drinking. I hate that I can't control my drinking. Grrr!
Old 03-31-2017, 11:02 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Keep posting nl
Old 03-31-2017, 11:07 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NorthernLass View Post
Hello! A bit late to arrive but am here. Day 1, again. April fools day. Coz I'm a fool. I can't stop drinking. Congrats to those who have made Friday already. I'm going to get through Saturday without drinking. I hate that I can't control my drinking. Grrr!
Welcome NL! You CAN stop drinking. And you CAN control it.