Notices

April Fools Weekender 31st March - 2nd April

Old 03-30-2017, 11:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Yes, cooker rings, ovens, lights, TV's music all left on at some point.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm in! Trying to recover my footing, as I relapsed on March 1st after a half a year of sobriety.. My weekend is Thursday night and Friday, since I work all day Saturday and Sunday. So I'm in already in the thick of things. Last two Thursdays I was unsuccessful, so here goes nothing..
Old 03-30-2017, 01:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks Sao...you're such an inspiration to us all!

Count me in!
Old 03-30-2017, 02:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

A sincere thanks for all the words of encouragement from all of you special people in my life. I know we have never met in real life but this is the only place where I feel comfortable enough to share, now I only see my therapist every 6 weeks or so. You've kept my spirits up this week when I've been struggling.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
FB_IMG_1490905317421.jpg (82.0 KB, 66 views)
Old 03-30-2017, 02:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you Sao for all you do
Old 03-30-2017, 03:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I am only a few weeks sober. To help prepare me for a sober Friday night tomorrow (which is also the first night of a weeks holiday from work, which previously would have been a reason to drink more than usual) I too, will recount my usual Friday night.
Start drinking extra early and fast because it's the start of the weekend
Feel anxious in case I run out of drink
Plan a meal but don't eat it. Gorge on crisps instead
Watch something on Netflix I have seen countless times before. Forget what I saw the next day
Neglect and ignore my son
Possibly fall out and fight with my husband
Pass out on couch. Get taken to bed by husband. Won't remember thi in the morning.
Palpitate and sweat overnight. Have horrific thoughts and want to die
Waken to a heap of clothes on the floor and unbrushed teeth
Hope and pray my husband will look after my son, so I can guiltily sleep all morning
Neglect son
Start drinking 5pm

......what a class weekend
Old 03-30-2017, 04:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm in.

Congratulations, Nons!
Old 03-30-2017, 05:14 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Yes, cooker rings, ovens, lights, TV's music all left on at some point.
My husband used to be afraid I was going to burn down the house with my cooking. He actually filmed me once with his IPhone to show me. It was nothing short of disgusting. I was standing there reaching with my fingers into a hot frying pan on the stove because I was too drunk to turn around and get a fork out of the drawer.

My best friend died on Valentine's Day 4 years ago from a fire that she started. She had been doing a steady decline into the bottle for a few years. She passed out one morning on the couch and either thought she had put a cigarette out or had dropped it into the couch. She woke up to flames and tried to put it out herself, still have no idea what she was using. She called her sister who arrived at the house to her walking out the door, body in full flames. She threw her into a snowbank to try to extinguish the fire. She was airlifted to Boston General where she died 4 days later. Her body was so wrought from alcohol use it could in no way recover from what had happened. Actually, she didn't die from the fire. She died from alcoholism. If she was not drunk none of it would have ever happened.

If we really considered all the deaths from car accidents, fires, murders, etc that occur due to alcohol I think we'd get an even better perspective at just how deadly it is.

I'm glad you're all here.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing ladyblue, I am very sorry about your friend.

I am on full blown cravings and I am worrying about tomorrow because this is kind of unbearable. I am itchy too and I have relentlessness in my legs. Is super weird and I'm smoking a lot.

I'm kind of afraid I may cave I don't want to so I'm just reading here.also I can't stop thinking and worrying oh man such fun.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by Soberandhealthy View Post
Thank you for sharing ladyblue, I am very sorry about your friend.

I am on full blown cravings and I am worrying about tomorrow because this is kind of unbearable. I am itchy too and I have relentlessness in my legs. Is super weird and I'm smoking a lot.

I'm kind of afraid I may cave I don't want to so I'm just reading here.also I can't stop thinking and worrying oh man such fun.

SAH, I read your posts in the last thread and you made me smile. You are here and present. My heart grew a few sizes. You have a lot of people here who care about you. There's so much better for you, a life that you deserve and I know you can do this. You can. Keep coming here and talking it out. Yes, that craving monster is one bit PITA but it won't always be that way. It gets better.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:46 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

As the great Mr. T once said, "Be Somebody or Be Somebody's Fool." I will not be alcohol's fool this April Fools.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:47 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Oh God and now I'm crying, thank you ladyblue. I don't need to go to the circus I have monkeys and I'm truly crazy now.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Recovery is a long range thing in a lot of ways SAH. Stay sober now and you'll give yourself every chance to be in the running for promotions in the future

Remember about HALT (Hungry Angry Lonely Tired) . Even something as simple as eating something can help cravings

D
Old 03-30-2017, 06:37 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'm in!

Thank you, Lady Blue, for sharing that heart-breaking story. Alcoholism takes prisoners and claims casualties.

Thank heavens for sobriety.

Thank you, Sao, for the opener. Lots of food for thought there.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:14 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Carlygirl and BetterisBetter. Good to have you with us.

LadyBlue that was terrible what happened to your best friend. Alcohol is a truly vile companion.

Soberandhealthy I am hoping you have gone to bed by now, something as simple as doing that helps you get past the cravings. I understand exactly how you are feeling but remember it won't last forever.

Early start for me, busy day ahead.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:36 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Quick check in to say hi as it's been a few weeks and hope everyone is doing well.

SAH - fantastic news that you are into double figures - keep going no matter what - believe us all when we tell you it does get better and better, it took a good while to calm the monkeys down for me but they have definitely settled and are peaceful the majority of the time nowadays, I've also learned how to tame them should they start to get a bit rowdy, things will work out with time as long as it's you in control and not the monkeys. Promise you they'll settle.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:20 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

In.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:46 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great start to the day everyone
Old 03-31-2017, 04:17 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

5 months sober tomorrow. And I'll celebrate all day by watching the Figure Skating World Championships!
Old 03-31-2017, 04:30 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi! Yes I went to bed Sao so day 11.

Friday today not good I must watch out.

Thank you Dee but somehow I think I will never be promoted I lack an $&&&$$ kissing actitud needed to be recognize. It always has been the case. Ahhh I think right now I need to let go of everything and just concentrate on this. It is hard enough. Don't worry I am eating my own weight in food. Ha ha talk later and let's have a sober Friday 👍