Notices

April Fools Weekender 31st March - 2nd April

Old 03-31-2017, 04:38 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by Soberandhealthy View Post
Hi! Yes I went to bed Sao so day 11.

Friday today not good I must watch out.

Thank you Dee but somehow I think I will never be promoted I lack an $&&&$$ kissing actitud needed to be recognize. It always has been the case. Ahhh I think right now I need to let go of everything and just concentrate on this. It is hard enough. Don't worry I am eating my own weight in food. Ha ha talk later and let's have a sober Friday 👍

Eat away SAH, eat away! Chocolate ice cream (Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie to be exact) was my go to. Go in search of a good movie, something you've wanted to see but haven't taken the time to watch. Grab that ice cream and go to town. The key is to do things that will get you to the point of it being bedtime so it would be ridiculous to give in. Plus, seriously, the ice cream helps. Allow yourself whatever you want to eat right now, there will be time to deal with food decisions later.

I am there with you in spirit, I have your hand and we are sitting together. You WILL make it through this weekend and you are worth it!
Old 03-31-2017, 04:54 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you tnek97, enjoy those figure skating World Championships.

I second LadyBlue's endorsement of ice cream, it is the answer to many things.

I am trying to keep about a dozen plates spinning right now, very precariously.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:28 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post

I am trying to keep about a dozen plates spinning right now, very precariously.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:37 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Inny McInnerson - to combine as many of the ridiculous prefix/suffixes as I can in the "in."

SAH, I'm so happy to see you making this stick. You sound so good. Ice cream, indeed was my go-to in early days. I bought many half-gallons of Breyers Rocky Road. <<~~~Insert your own pun here.

I found a new trail this past week. It's right around the corner from my house. I've lived here 25 years and just found it. Thank goodness for iPhones or I'd have never found my way back there. It's lovely and it goes through the woods by a stream and there are horse acres all around it. I've seen more horses in the last week than I've seen in the past three years combined.

I say to everyone - take a walk today outside. Even if you don't think there's a trail nearby, there probably is!

It's supposed to be in the 50s and sunny-ish today. Excellent. Probably too early to walk in the salt water, but I plan to do that anyway!

Thinking of you, bixy.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:37 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I read that there's been a lot of progress with April the giraffe and birth is expected soon. I have the live cam on.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
I read that there's been a lot of progress with April the giraffe and birth is expected soon. I have the live cam on.
OH! My local zoo is expecting a giraffe calf again in June. The last one I spent dozens of hours watching (live/paddock-side) in that last week. It's such a long process, even after she went into obvious labor it was still days. She went off her feed on the last day, though.

Poor April, she's been confined for weeks! At least they didn't confine Olivia in a small enclosure until the day the little one was born. Then they were both out in paddock two days later.

Is April off her food? I'm not even gonna get involved in that one. The baby eagle cam is almost finished for the season and I still have it up on a tab the whole time I'm on the computer with the sound blasting so I know when there's activity. Fly away, already
Old 03-31-2017, 09:16 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'll need you all this week-end. 5 year wedding anniversary tomorrow. Yes we married on April Fool's day since it was my 2nd time and if he decided to leave me at the alter then I could pretend it was an April Fool's joke. and then we say, Only Fool's Fall In Love. I still remember our First Wedding Anniversary at a Bed and Breakfast. It ended horribly because of drunkeness!! Wow! I don't know if others have ever been banned from a Bed and Breakfast. lol haha! So... I'll be here reading and liking and trying to fight the urge to have wine with our anniversary dinner tomorrow! Nice to see everyone on here this week-end~
Old 03-31-2017, 10:12 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Than you for the plate spinning demo Gilmer. Unlike Erich Brenn I definitely dropped one or two of mine.

Good luck to April the Giraffe.

The new trail sounds idyllic biminiblue.

Happy Anniversary sunshine72

6:15 and still at work, not long though. I am frazzled.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20170331_181238.jpg (45.5 KB, 43 views)
Old 03-31-2017, 10:23 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Do your best

A song for the weekenders you may of heard this on a certain commercial ?

Such an awesome song

Time for glen to go on a walk
Old 03-31-2017, 10:23 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Carlygirl, One of the things I hated the most was when my wife would start the morning conversation with "Do you remember what you did lst night?". I hated waking up and trying to remember when or how I got to bed.

Oh ladyblue that poor Woman. It must've been extremely hard for everyone to see her go like that.

stay strong SAH, we are rooting for you.

Congrats on 5 months tnek97, awesome!

I had a drinking dream last night, first one in a long time. I can't believe the emotions it brings out in your dream and the relief when you wake up, I'm so glad to be able to keep adding up the days.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:09 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

My best friend's name is Erich and that's the only other time I've seen it spelled that way. Anywho.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:16 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I still get them very occasionally SoberTDragon, I find them unsettling.

-------------------------------

Putting my Captain Sensible hat on for a minute. I am a little embarrassed to mention this, I know most of you will think "duh"

Although it is April Fools day already for some and will be for the rest of us tomorrow, I just wanted to mention that most people don't find it funny if you post something along the lines of. "I relapsed badly last night" followed an hour or so later by "April Fool!" I have seen it done, not on this thread I hasten to add. The person who did it did not mean to offend but it doesn't work.

OK I have taken my Captain Sensible hat off again, carry on.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:21 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Bad tremors today. I think it's time.. Vacation over.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:28 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
saoutchik

BC

I am going to have to play this now

Old 03-31-2017, 11:36 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Alrighty then!

Dude sounds like Franz Ferdinand.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:38 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I still get them very occasionally SoberTDragon, I find them unsettling.

-------------------------------

Putting my Captain Sensible hat on for a minute. I am a little embarrassed to mention this, I know most of you will think "duh"

Although it is April Fools day already for some and will be for the rest of us tomorrow, I just wanted to mention that most people don't find it funny if you post something along the lines of. "I relapsed badly last night" followed an hour or so later by "April Fool!" I have seen it done, not on this thread I hasten to add. The person who did it did not mean to offend but it doesn't work.

OK I have taken my Captain Sensible hat off again, carry on.
Omg why would someone actually do that?
Old 03-31-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

There is a regular poster here who used to do that kind of thread all the time in my early sobriety and it really messed with me. Mostly clicky-bait-and-switch titles.

I put him on ignore for a very long time. Now he doesn't do that any more, and his sense of "humor" is much more sensible! Yeah, it's not funny.

That video is three minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Not like I'm doing anything important, though.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm staying off of here tomorrow. I'm gonna study at work instead.

Early April Fool's joke.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
saoutchik

As I say BC it has not happened here.

biminiblue lol! Times change, in about 1983 my older sis once won a night out with CS in a competition run by one of Londons evening newspapers.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:19 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I feel like I'm starting to come down with the flu..