Notices

April Fools Weekender 31st March - 2nd April

Old 03-31-2017, 11:28 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Yes you can!
Old 04-01-2017, 12:10 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Aw badger and Phoenix you brought a tear to my eye! Thanks for having faith in me. I will stay sober today and tomorrow. That's all I dare consider for now. Thinking past that is overwhelming to consider. Gah! Am on the verge of tears again. How did I get this far?
Old 04-01-2017, 12:26 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Today is all we have NL. The past is gone and no longer can harm us (unless we let it)- the future is shaped by what we do - here and now.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:52 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Checking in and reading the thread before I head off to bed. It's my wife's birthday on April 1st. So I've never been 'allowed' to play April fools jokes around our house.

Hope your still hanging in there SAH.

Don't think I've seen Bix this weekend?

g'night everyone.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:02 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Do your best

Done 75% the housework before Mrs Sw awoke.. I folded & put away the clothes, put the dishes away, cleaned the bathroom and as Mrs Sw was waking up I had a cup of tea waiting for her - going to get started on breakfast
Old 04-01-2017, 01:03 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

You are certainly no April's fool, Wolfy
Old 04-01-2017, 01:20 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, welcome to Weekenders bronzie, agillaceous and NorthernLass.

BC, Badger - indoor Crazy Golf is similar to mini golf, there are obstacles etc to avoid. My friends can get a drink but the focus is not on drinking so it is a good compromise.

Well done to all of you for not drinking last night.

Happy Birthday Mrs SoberTDragon!

I have had to go in to work this morning but I will not need to be here much longer.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:23 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hey Northernlass - hugs to you, it's good to see you.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:28 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

sober crazy golf- every putter is linked to a mild electric shock if miss the putt.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:18 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
sober crazy golf- every putter is linked to a mild electric shock if miss the putt.
That might work.

I have been reading about that tropical storm Debbie this morning 800mm/31inches of rain in 24 hours sheesh!
Old 04-01-2017, 03:08 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberandhealthy View Post
Day ten here and I am in and trying to survive the weekend.

I have a plan no great but I can add on. Im struggling with jealousy. Some people will be promoted at work and I won't. That's I trigger for me, all the things I want but cannot get. Very uncomfortable and I need to watch out and remove myself of the situation because this will get me drinking in a second. I already have cravings just writing about it at 7 in the morning ahhh.

Talk soon weekenders off to work.
Hi SAH.
I completely relate.
If it helps, in a similar situation recently, I resolved to stick to my journey, my choice of sobriety, as a way to say F-you to all those bad situations and disappointing people. I put my lack of immediate success down to the old, drunk me and wanted to give the new me a chance.

10 days is a HUGE achievement. Well done. No one is going to rob you of that unless you let them.
Hang in there, SAH
Old 04-01-2017, 03:21 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Thanks SAO for this weeks thread. I am in.

I love signing in for my sober weekend each Saturday.

I hope everyone has a great one. Spring is coming. For me, and probably many of us, it really feels like the cold, winter of wasted drunkenness is passing and spring is on the way.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:38 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you Phoenix
Old 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

What a great phrase, Don'tLookBacchus: "the cold winter of wasted drunkenness."

I am so uplifted by this thread this morning. Welcome to all newcomers! It is a joy to read of your fighting your temptations. I hear such hope in your voices! Grab hold of that hope and mold it into determination. Be willing to go to any lengths to avoid it (SAH, I am definitely praying hard for your situation with the drinker right in your face every day).

Post here like madmen and wildwomen!

I agree with Bim about the great effectiveness of joining a class thread.

1) You have comrades in the trenches who are right alongside you, struggling with the same things;

2) You begin to enjoy the people and their various discussions;

3) This encourages you to be accountable. Many times I was put off from taking a drink because I felt that I'd be honor-bound to disclose it to the class!

I encourage you to give it a shot (no pun intended ).
Old 04-01-2017, 04:55 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Wilbur and I agree with Gilmer
Old 04-01-2017, 05:47 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Ugh, I thought I had replied to this thread last night and it's gone.

Oh well..........

Venecia and binimi, so it looks like the "event" should happen today according to the vet. Guess what? Web cam is down and has been down for about two hours. Some are extremely mad (get a grip people) because they think this is all one big April Fools joke. Jeese, I hope not. Although, I have often thought it's possible that they never intended to allow an actual live viewing and would tape and play it later. Too many possibilities to allow the general public to watch live. Especially when their email server has been taken down umpteen times for ridiculous reasons such as April stealing all the hay out of the shared food source.

bimini, what do you mean when you said "Is April off her food?"

Sunshine, we're all here for you!

STDragon, I hope you're having a wonderful time. Enjoy the warmth. What's your favorite food so far?

As for April Fools jokes on here about relapse, yeah, not a great idea. I've seen it happen in the past. People don't realize what a trigger that can be. Not funny.

SAH, it's morning now, I hope you thought it through. So you weren't going to go to the beach. That doesn't mean you'll never be able to go. Wine will never be the answer. Ever. Again, you can do this and I hope you made it through because today is a new day and you'll be feeling much better

Lava, love you you bold the names! Going back to do that right now

SoberWolf, I keep waiting for your knock at my door to begin cleaning

Sao, hope you get out of work soon!

Gilmer, also in agreement!

Newcomers or anyone I missed, glad you're all here

Happy Sober Saturday everyone. Lots of wet, heavy, yucky snow here. Tis ok, lots to do in the house today. Following up shortly with a reflective post.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi happy Saturday!

According to my sober app I'm 12 days and I saved 160$$$ well umm I am sure I spend more than that and sure did not save anything because I'm investing in take out now.😬

Thank you lava and don't look Bacchus I'm hanging on.

Gilmer my hubby didn't drink last night when I ask him. He really doesn't have a problem with alcohol though. 😊So it's easier for me.

I'm worry about today and about Monday. I feel I'm in a movie because this is not me almost two weekends not drinking. I just need to keep going somehow.

I will try a class but no offense to anyone classes are kind of a trigger.

I can't not allow the thought that relapse will be okay because I can try again. I am very permissive and I will take the opportunity and relapse because is okay and at the end of the day is what I want. I do better hanging with people who have some sobriety who tell just keep going.

Sorry I don't know if I made sense? I'm usually up after noon on Saturdays and it's 8 am.

Ha ha talk soon👍
Old 04-01-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

A reflection of gratitude and hopefully a glimmer of something positive to consider.

On a daily basis I am around someone who touts the fact that she grew up in an addictive family but remains unscathed. She can handle her alcohol and has absolutely no problem whatsoever. For Lent, she decided to give up alcohol. Lent began on a Wednesday. On Friday morning she posted on Facebook that she caved and had a glass of wine because she just couldn't do it because of her kids. Someone we know in common then made a pact with her that they would also forego alcohol for the rest of the duration with her for added support and she agreed. One of her most recent posts was that she was upset because there were so many stressful things going on and she had agreed to give up alcohol for Lent so she was mad. I asked why she was mad and she came back with because she was stressed and couldn't calm down without it. Her issue is really none of my concern but it got me thinking.

She doesn't see it. She doesn't get it. Someone who has zero problems with alcohol would not be giving the absence of it a second thought.

That's ok but in really reflecting on it I realized just how lucky all of us are. We are here, we may not all be in perfect alignment with where we are on the path but still, we are here.

That, in itself, is something. So, no matter where you are with your situation you are trying. It might take a bit, it might take multiple attempts but you've recognized there is an issue and are working to do something about it.

That's more than something. Allow yourself some credit for that because you deserve it.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Sober wolf whoao that's amazing !

Sao I hope you get out of work soon!

Hi ladyblue all good i survived Friday now I'm working on Saturday 😬

I wanted to joke about April giving birth for April fools ha ha but I thought it may be a bad idea. We are so interested in this giraffe 😃
Old 04-01-2017, 06:06 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

YES YES YES SAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't spend time worrying about the future. Today, that's all you have to think about. Today.