Notices

Hello I think I need help

Old 04-05-2017, 09:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello I think I need help

Hi all, I must have joined this forum many years ago as I get birthday emails but I don't remember joining. I am still wanting to drink although it has lessened somewhat but I'm not going to go into the amount or the reasons yet etc but I did want to introduce myself properly. My name is Tammy, I have a world of warcraft character called Satanikka so I guess that's why I chose the name. For many years now I have worried about my drinking and finally I want to stop it completely. Like, really, REALLY want to. But, as usual I am already partly drunk so I sincerely hope tomorrow I will remember this and log back in and get some help. I bookmarked it!! Thanks anyone for reading.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Tammy! Welcome. And I do hope you keep coming back, posting. and quit drinking. You will get a ton of support and information here.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Holy crap I just saw my join date is September 2008. The fact I was extremely worried back then and I'm STILL doing the same **** now makes me angry and ashamed!!
Old 04-05-2017, 09:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you, Badger. I'm running out of options here
Old 04-05-2017, 09:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcoem Tammy

It took me 15 years or so to finally get serious about stopping...it's never too late to start on your Chapter 2

D
Old 04-05-2017, 09:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Being Sober is Awesome

Welcome. Keep coming back!
Old 04-05-2017, 09:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Tammy, some of us take long than others to get help.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome- i hope you come back
Old 04-05-2017, 10:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all........ I have to come back totally sober and ask for help then. Do many ppl log on and start drunk? I'm still not drunk enough (for my l;ikeing) aNYWAY THX ALL HOPE TO COME BACL SOON
Old 04-05-2017, 11:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yes. People come here in all kinds of states. And if they stick around we get to watch them get well. Please come back, read and post, and start learning about the various things people do for recovery. It's the recovery that makes sobriety bearable, sustainable, eventually pleasurable and one day preferable to drinking.

Wishing you all the best for your sobriety and recovery. BB
Old 04-06-2017, 03:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Being angry is understandable, but please do not be ashamed. It is very hard for anyone to admit that they have a problem that they cannot manage - who wants to admit defeat? I know I didn't. If you truly want sobriety, you can have it. There is a tremendous amount of support here on SR, so please, keeping logging on and reach out for help when you need it.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

For me it was just knowing that there are others out there was a big emotional, spiritual, and motivational help. On SR you will find people at all levels of sobriety. And yes wanting to quit but still drinking is a level of sobriety, the first level.

I've spoken to (corresponded with to be correct) people such as yourself, people on their first day, and gotten advise from people like Dee who just celebrated 10 years. We are all on the same path just some are further along.

The hardest part for me was the sense of isolation that is a part of the beginning of sobriety and SR allowed me to correspond with others from all around the globe reaching out with a kind word or a helping hand. Ergo, no more isolation... Welcome back!!