Notices

Shut the h*** up!

Old 03-08-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

It's a sign. Now you know that you have another chance to optimize your health for this stage of your life. You go!

As for your big girl panties, I'm sure you have a neatly stacked pile of them, clean and folded and in the drawer labeled "Underwear, assorted, all occasions."

Old 03-08-2017, 08:20 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Aries yes, I'm not done for yet! I don't know what I would have done if I had mucked my lungs up. Apart from needing them to walk lots of places to save money, I use walking with my MP3 player music on full blast as stress therapy..and it works.

Yes, and those panties are stacked in order of the strength in the knicker elastic haha
Old 03-08-2017, 08:28 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
Great news, Willadoit! I've had asthma all my life. It went from bad to worse....stronger and stronger inhaler medications required over the years. Since I quit drinking six months ago, guess what - my lungs are improving and I take far less of the medication. I've since read that alcohol impacts upon lungs, COPD and 'alcoholic lung' are possible. It would be beneficial if you stopped smoking, as well as drinking. Keep up the great progress!
Poor you about the asthma Tatsy, my DIL has it, can get nasty in the summer, but great news that yours is improving.
I have read about alcohol having a bad effect on the lungs too. I know after heavy benders, I would cough like a dog in the mornings for a couple of days and get out of breath walking up the street.
And I smoked less on benders, because I slept more!
I read somewhere, that it has something to do with the fact that when you overload your liver and kidneys and heart with alcohol, they work so hard trying to clear out the toxins from that that they cannot do their normal work, so fluid builds up in the body.
I will keep it up, I see there is hope for my decrepit old self yet haha
Old 03-08-2017, 01:14 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Not that the heart clears out toxins, but you know what I mean, it's normal functions are impaired.

Been to my sons for tea. I have been in the dog house with him and DIL (different one than the water park DIL)
But I am forgiven now (forgiven, but it hasn't been forgotton)
I, the week before last, promised to watch my grandson while he and DIL went to Scotland for the weekend. On the Wednesday before the Saturday when they were leaving, he came to see me, and I was drunk. So he went ballistic (because he didn't know I was still drinking heavily) said he couldn't trust me (true, I couldn't be trusted), and they had to take my grandson with them. This is the first time he has been in touch with me since.
It was nice seeing him and his family.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

1.45am and still wide awake!
Taking a break from the computer tomorrow, promised myself at least 2 computer free days a week, to force myself to find more creative ways to pass the time
Old 03-08-2017, 06:09 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Now what?

Originally Posted by Willadoit View Post
I think I have been fighting wrong, Ive been boxing shadows, instead of putting on the light and getting rid of the shadows
What an insightful thing to share.

That looks so smart! Thanks!
Old 03-08-2017, 07:09 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Glad you liked it
Old 03-09-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Had to come on computer, because for unemployment people, I have to do a checkable jobsearch on the internet.
Just thought I would poke my head in here as I was signing off.
Confirms what I suspected.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:32 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MicroMacro View Post
What an insightful thing to share.

That looks so smart! Thanks!
Great way to look at it! I love this forum with the "pearls of wisdom". Thanks for that perspective.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
quat

Online or off, rootin for ya , and don't look now but you're doin' it !! Congratulations!
Old 03-09-2017, 04:53 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

dwtbd..I have to remember if I am unemployed in England, it's not up to me what I do and do not do! No matter I have paid tax and national insurance for 30 years..I am now the beggar!
Your post means a lot.
I swear down, I will beat this, I will beat them (the dole) that treat the unemployed like ******** crap
They don't have me beat yet
And the illuminati better be on the run haha
Old 03-09-2017, 04:54 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

repeat post
Old 03-09-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
quat

From some perspectives the Illuminati , from inception,are/were the true rebels against the entrenched Establishment , so we are always on the run bwah ha
love your sense of humor( especially the fact that you have it!)
Old 03-09-2017, 05:11 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Haha, honestly though, if you can't laugh at it what can you do? Have your soul be snatched and kept in the matrix?
Honestly, have to stop reading the websites I do haha
I love AVRT because it strikes so true and is so down to earth.
Right I really mean it, Im off the internet, have done job applications, am going to do some crocheting haha
Old 03-09-2017, 08:07 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Really? I haven't even lasted a day off the computer! Then I get on websites about the illuminati and well, some of the stuff seems right. Where is the investigation into the peadophile ring in the BBC and parliament? Why do only a handful of wealthy families own most of the big companies in the world and the media?
Then it gets more bizzare, and why are the existence of aliens and the afterlife denied, when so many people have witnessed them? Why is the materalistic model of science still held as truth, when everything points to it not being right?
Apart from Dr Google, I think this stuff can be the next best thing to drive you bonkers. How do we know what is reality or not? The science we have been taught all our lives, could be wrong, the model of reality, could be wrong and with the advance of quantum physics looks like it likely is.
I swear, how can you judge reality and when the people measuring it don't even know what they are talking about themselves?
This is why I was going to stay off the computer for a few days haha
But, like I said, with the dole making me come on here, for job searches, it's hard to resist nosing about!
Old 03-09-2017, 09:46 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I'm wrapping this thread up now, it's a pretty sad and lonely thread. Mostly me talking to myself now.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:04 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Willadoit View Post
Apart from Dr Google, I think this stuff can be the next best thing to drive you bonkers. How do we know what is reality or not?
I think you are right - most of the news and social media is just a distraction. And frankly, it doesn't really matter if most of the stuff that's out there on the news/social media sites is real or not. It's mostly just opinions and entertainment. It's very possible to wake up and make it through the day without watching any of it, and honestly it makes for a better day in my opinion. If something happens that is so important that we cannot live without it, someone will let us know...i guarantee it ;-)
Old 03-10-2017, 07:44 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

You are right Scott.
If I don't stay off this internet (which obviously I am not doing) I am going to send myself mad.
The thing is about being unemployed and living alone, I have no one to ground me, and I can run with mad ideas for days!
I know it is laughable, now, but it very much disturbed me that I read the illuminati had a "net" around the earth that was "catching" souls and keeping them trapped in the matrix hahaha
There are so many loonies on the internet.
I want to go back to the 90's my favourite decade
I don't want to be part of an ever increasing cyber madness!
I remember a time, when you were sitting in a room with people, and you TALKED
Now it's sit in a room with people (young people) and they are constantly glued to whet is happening on their phones.
Maybe Im just getting old But I find it very ignorant!
Old 03-10-2017, 05:42 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Just read through your thread Willadoit, and really enjoyed the read. I have read a few other threads where over time the author keeps posting how they are going- every few weeks/months etc, and it is great for people to see that persons journey. It enables them to relate to where they are on their own journey, or be reminded of where they used to be. Don't feel that you have to wrap up your thread, it's mainly for you, and others can chose to read it or not. Keep on keeping on.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:09 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I will tell you my experience of this site redfalcon
If you are having a bad time. people will read
If you are a long time member (venus cat) people will read
If you are having a better time...people will not even care

A supportive community? I think not