Notices

Good news weekender 3-5 feb

Old 02-04-2017, 07:44 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I don't eat meat during the week unless I have any left over on Monday but I don't want to commit to going meat free full time in case I set myself up to fail. This one area where I can moderate lol!

I bought some banana leaves to save on washing up and am going to treat myself to one of my favourites this evening, monkfish kebabs - monkfish wrapped in bacon, between green pepper, mushroom and fried bread!

On a different note neighbor cat Boris has just pounced at a couple of birds but fortunately they reacted just quickly enough to escape his paws.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:07 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Greetings Enders!!
Happy Saturday!

Lazy day at home today. Going to make some beef stroganoff for my weekend cook. Along with the zucchini.
I am googling healthy banana oatmeal muffin recipes to bake for breakfasts next week.
January is a crazy month for bookkeepers and I had gone off the rails with candy and such.
Back to healthy for February.
Or at least that is the intention.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:20 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Happy eating Olive.

MidnightBlue, soberandhealthy, I hope you are well, I miss your posts.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Olive, you and your zucchini lol

STDragon, I understand. I've not yet had them yet but I am aware of those cravings. The huge positive is you recognized what was going on and made note that there needs to be a plan. It shows your resolve to insure success.

On another note. I have perused Facebook on and off today and am seeing an outpouring of the good old "Hey, I'm out drinking!" posts. I am realistic in the fact that I am not them and they have the right to drink, they don't have a problem. Maybe they do, none of my biz.

Yet, I can't stop pondering the fact that I can find fifty million far more pleasing and fun things to do rather than sitting around somewhere on my duff drinking. Also, when I get done doing any of those fifty million things I remain the same person and don't have the unpleasant after effects. That and I'm fully satisfied with what I'm doing. when I watch a movie I have no need to watch 10 more :p

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. For those of you finding it tough, hang in there. This gets better. The more you plan and do the better it is.

Ok, have to go eat. I read Saos post and my belly is growling.

On the docket for the evening:

Either Inferno or The Disappointments Room. A bit hesitant as Rotten Tomatoes gives both 1 star. Sometimes that doesn't mean a thing.

Orrrrrrrrr.....the continuation of my binge of Billions on Hulu Showtime.

Time will tell. Have a great sober evening everyone!
Old 02-04-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Congratulations on five months, Brenda!

I hope your father feels better soon, Tetra.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:35 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I'm just grateful that when I am bored/angry/lonely enough to consider drinking, I automatically start ticking off the list of reasons not to... It'll make me fat, it'll give me heartburn, it'll make me pee like crazy, it'll give me a headache, I'll feel terrible in the morning, I might oversleep, I might get sad/angry, I might do something I regret, I will never get that money back and I'll have nothing positive to show for it at all, I won't study, I'll disappoint myself, I'll throw away 162 days of sobriety.. I can't come up with a single good reason to do it.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:58 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Morning time has become my favorite time of the day, everyone is still in bed, the house is quiet, got my coffee and SR.

Last night, just before bed, I was on SR and I started having cravings wash over me. Most were euphoric recall and thoughts like "One of these days, you'll be fine to have a drink". I was able to put them out of my mind but they were stronger this time and had me scared.

This morning my determination is stronger and I am committed to never drinking again. I'm going to have to look for ways to deal with these in the future.
Hey Sober T ...good work putting away cravings that lie lie lie about how good it all was. Thanks for posting it, too. I often find myself thinking ...I am abstaining now so I can have it at some point in future. I hate that I think this way.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:32 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I'm afraid to say that "one of these days" doesn't come....I've tested it out many times...hoping and praying that I could drink like a normal person and just have a drink or two. Sometimes it worked for a month or two, but then I would be right back in the vicious cycle again. Nope...doesn't work for me. It was a very hard fact for me to accept.
Ok...I'm off to sober sleep land. It's nice to know I will sleep through the night and wake up without a hangover. I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:40 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I know, HAF. That's why I get so frustrated with myself...I still feel like I have to work hard to rein in my insane thinking. Just a lot of work. It is worth it. I'm feeling happy more and more of the time.

Good night everyone. Sweet sleep for all, I wish.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:43 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

What a super productive day I had today. Up early, went to the gym, ate then went grocery shopping. Got home put it all away and done by 11:30am. Spent the afternoon on my surveillance camera project, went to the hardware store for supplies and got the tough part finished. Even got everything cleaned up after myself. Then, I went to work for a few hours. Back home now, in my bed, and posting on SR. Off to sleep soon....
Old 02-05-2017, 01:24 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, I"m at coffee house where something called a full English breakfast is only £5, bargain. The downside is that I have probably just consumed a thousand calories before 9:30am.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:36 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Sao- so long as there is coffee. 2005 here in S/Aust. Sunday night.
Old 02-05-2017, 03:20 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Good morning and Happy Sober Sunday everyone!
Old 02-05-2017, 04:09 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
.... a full English breakfast ....
So what was in your full English breakfast? Bacon, sausage, fried bread, beans, eggs... oh my, I have to go downstairs and make some bacon.... got a hankerin' for it now.....

G'mornin' Y'all! Happy Sober Sunday.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone! I will never take for granted how good it feels to NOT have a hangover. Happy Superbowl Sunday!
Old 02-05-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Good sober Sunday morning! I slept like a rock and have only been awake about an hour now, at 0930!

Warmer today where I am, and going to do some outdoor work before heading to a sober Super Bowl evening with a couple of friends and my partner.

My heart swells with joy on sober mornings. By evening I tend to be struggling some, and reading and posting on SR really helps me stay the course. Every sober bedtime is a victory, and every sober morning is a celebration.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:57 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
So what was in your full English breakfast? Bacon, sausage, fried bread, beans, eggs... oh my, I have to go downstairs and make some bacon.... got a hankerin' for it now.....

G'mornin' Y'all! Happy Sober Sunday.
No beans but you can add tomatoes, mushrooms and hash browns to the list Sober T I doubt that any reputable dietician would recommend it but I only indulge once or twice a month.

I hope you Statessiders enjoy the Superbowl thingy. I will probably watch some of it, I will to look for a reason to support one or other of the teams, I don't like being neutral when it comes to sports
Old 02-05-2017, 02:34 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Oldest daughter got married last summer after living with boyfriend, now husband for 7years. She said they have argued recently over something trivial apparently so i guess the novelty has obviously worn off.

Sunday night here already. Annoyingly my AV is active tonight, first time in a while, so I am going to go to bed soon which is a bit defeatest I know but still better than drinking.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Phew just got back into land of signal/WiFi and caught up.
Hugs to everyone. Night night.
Xx
Old 02-05-2017, 03:37 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I hope you all had a nice weekend.
I got the bus home on Saturday. My dad feels a bit better now. He is up and walking around and he had some scrambled eggs this morning which my mother made. He says he still feels a bit weak. We went for a drive this afternoon, just me and him. I drove and normally he is pretty good at not showing fear when I am behind the wheel and he is in the passenger seat but today I noticed that he was gripping the side of the seat a little. We had a brief chat and he told me he is feeling some stress so I am trying to be good and not do anything stupid.

My poor mother is still stuck in her ways of worrying about things that do not matter. Like I used to do so I remember it well. She told me not to put the 'L' plates on the car as 'it looks embarassing". I have to have them on by law so I just ignored it. I think my aunt saw the plates one time and asked who was learning to drive? I guess my mom feels a bit embarassed that I am only learning to drive at 36 or something I don't know. I am well passed the stage of feeling embarassed over this or that. I would not get out of bed otherwise.

I was sitting on the bus on Saturday and thinking back to about 4 years ago when I did not want to see anybody or talk to anybody and I could not even get a bus from the village into town. That's how bad I was back then.

I do feel somewhat bad that now I am learning to drive and I am doing all these things that I should have done 20 years ago. I am years behind every one else. I feel bad about wasting all those years. Still I am trying to make up for it now and I hope I haven't left things too late.

I have tomorrow off work but I have an appointment with my consultant neurologist in the morning. I hope it will work out ok.