Notices

Good news weekender 3-5 feb

Old 02-03-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats great news LadyBlue Congrats

I'm almost always home on a Friday night Tetra - it's weird to think back to when I would be upset not to be doing anything on a Friday night.

D
Old 02-03-2017, 02:44 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm in!
Old 02-03-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I know it's ok to spend Friday night at home and I get it, it's just nights like this really hit home about how few friends I've actually got. I do have friends but one of them is probably working right now. The others all have lives and jobs and families and other friends of their own and I don't like to intrude too much.
I have a load of books here which I could read (anyone who comes to my room always comments on the books) but I don't feel like doing that either.
Anyway I know I'm in a better place than I was. I used to pray for a job and a place of my own. Now I have those so I'll pray for friends now.
My housemates are a lot younger than me. They seem to have either gone out or gone home for the weekend. It's not good for me to spend so much time by myself because my thoughts and worries get magnified by 1000.
At least I spoke to my dad. He said he was watching tv and drinking some chicken broth my mom had made. I know he's under a lot of stress right now so I'm trying to stay out of trouble.
Also I have my yearly review with my consultant neurologist on Monday so I have been thinking about that too.
Anyway onwards and upwards. It's time for tea I think
Old 02-03-2017, 03:31 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I could go for some tea. Been months since I made myself a cup of tea.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm glad your dad is a bit better Tetra, you know social media has its flaws but it can be a good way to bring like minded people together. You like books and literature, i'm sure there will be some online groups out there that would welcome your input.

This is annoying, I equalled my best score at Crazy Golf tonight and still didn't win! What have I got to do?

On top of all the other turbulent news stories it appears that us Brits are suffering from a lettuce and courgette shortage. Is there no end to this nightmare?
Old 02-03-2017, 03:38 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

zucchini? none here but had leftover cucumber when done making salad for weekly lunches
Old 02-03-2017, 03:50 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Lots of good posts

Lady Blue -- I'm happy for you.

Tetra -- I'm glad your father is feeling better. He sounds like a lovely man and you clearly love him very much. Go visit. Time with him will never be time you regret.

Ruby -- Glad to hear you had a night to yourself. That must have felt luxurious!

Delilah -- Hope your knee recovery continues well.

I'm afraid Fridays at home are pretty much the norm for me. A part of me likes that, a part of me doesn't. But I'm grateful to be sober.

Best to all who are new here and getting their sober feet on the ground.

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post

On top of all the other turbulent news stories it appears that us Brits are suffering from a lettuce and courgette shortage. Is there no end to this nightmare?
Courage, Courtgette-less in Britain.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Courgette-less, that is.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 5 months BrendaChenowyth.

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Courage, Courtgette-less in Britain.
It's getting so bad that people are smuggling them into the country internally, like cocaine. Hence the advice "wash before use" I suppose
Old 02-03-2017, 04:43 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
... get them up, harass them to get dressed, make their lunches, harass them into the car to get to school. Remind my son fifteen times to get out of bed, ten times to get into the shower, a hundred times to get his socks on, get his socks on, get his socks on.....
LOL, Been there done that. My son turns twenty in April and we occasionally still have to nag him to get out of the house on time.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:20 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Well I don't "do" parties but you get the idea.
I do enjoy "small gatherings of people"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
FB_IMG_1486171087769.jpg (22.3 KB, 66 views)
Old 02-03-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post

It's getting so bad that people are smuggling them into the country internally, like cocaine. Hence the advice "wash before use" I suppose
I am so glad you mentioned this! I just yesterday purchased a big bag of courgettes that I intend to saute tomorrow!
And I thought the expensive price was due to the fancy grocery store I don't normally shop.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:11 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I washed my benedryl down with OJ :P

I am washing The Killing
Old 02-03-2017, 08:21 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Gotta admit that I had to Google courgette. ...plain old zucchini. That's an odd thing to have a shortage of. ..I grow lots in the summer.
anyway. ...being home on Friday nights is the norm for me too. I'm usually too tired from the work week to want to go out.
ok...see you all tomorrow. I'm too tired to read the previous posts. I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:59 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

It is a grey old morning here

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
I am washing The Killing
I'm a big fan of The Killing but it has to be the original Danish version not the Hollywood remake
Old 02-04-2017, 03:13 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
I'm happy for you, LadyBlue! I only lost my license completely for two different 45-day periods, and it was difficult. And I live in a small town where almost everything is walkable. I can't imagine being completely dependent on others to get to work for as long as you have been. I did get rides from time to time, and I always felt so grateful and bad at the same time that I was somehow putting them out. I have restrictions still, but those will be lifted at the end of May. Then I'll be able to go anywhere, at any time. That will feel good.
I am really lucky, I am somewhat on a bus line and Uber is always available. It just depends on if I had $1.50 available for the bus or if I minded spending the $13 for Uber. I am eternally grateful for the woman who does stop to pick me up. I just wish she drove differently but I have to thank you, you gave me some perspective and reminded me exactly where I would be without her. You must be so psyched about the end of May! Can you even imagine living in a really rural area where there's no public transportation and losing your license?

Tetra, I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. Is he going to go and get checked out?

Dee, I'm like you, I used to look forward to the weekend evenings but it's like I've done a 180. I now look forward to the weekend mornings that I never knew existed when I was drinking. I was lucky if I was out of bed by 2 in the afternoon. I love my quiet mornings with my coffee.

Congratulations on 5 months BrendaChenowyth!

Ruby, no real similarity here but.......our cat wakes us up at 4am every morning. My husband has been working an out of town job so he has to get up at about that time. For the past two mornings the cat has been laying off waking us up so he's been late. Yet, this morning, a Saturday, there he is next to the bed meowing away at 4am. I laughed and thought "our alarm clock is broken!". Must have been relaxing and nice for you to just have to deal with getting yourself going.

Sao and Brenda, I also live The Killing.

Has anyone tried zucchini with scrambled eggs? It's fantastic!

Have a Happy Sober Saturday Everyone!
Old 02-04-2017, 03:47 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
... I love my quiet mornings with my coffee. ...
Morning time has become my favorite time of the day, everyone is still in bed, the house is quiet, got my coffee and SR.

Last night, just before bed, I was on SR and I started having cravings wash over me. Most were euphoric recall and thoughts like "One of these days, you'll be fine to have a drink". I was able to put them out of my mind but they were stronger this time and had me scared.

This morning my determination is stronger and I am committed to never drinking again. I'm going to have to look for ways to deal with these in the future.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Morning. Checking in. Congrats to everyone on another 24. This life stuff and "adulting" does suck at times. I have a general combination of winter blues and cabin fever. I know this will pass and part of life. I am just focused on avoiding any anymore self-inflicted "WTF did I do now" moments. Gonna get to the gym and put a big "comfort food" dish in the crockpot. Any suggestions? I am sooooooooo tired of chicken. Be gone chicken dishes! Ha.

Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry for a bit of a downer post, but just how I am feeling. Good day SR.

Last edited by Circlewagons; 02-04-2017 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Usual typos
Old 02-04-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Thanks guys

And that was obviously supposed to say WATCHING

Work all weekend... I deal with a lot of attention-seeking behaviors... I miss my old client, she was much more mobile so I had to watch her more but she wasn't as needy.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:54 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good morning. Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!