Notices

Good news weekender 3-5 feb

Old 02-06-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Great to see you on Weekenders Canguy, i hope you are well. Recently when i have had pork chops i have cooked them with green pesto.

I met a woman at work this morning, a customer, who is in her late thirties. She runs a media production company, a drama and acting school and is also one of the best chess player in the Greater London area. She didn't tell me all this I just found it on places like Linkedin. I am a bit resentful, it really is quite annoying to be made to feel inadequate LOL! Worse still is that she seems a really nice person.
I think you should ask her out Sao--sounds like she might be a good
match at more than chess
Old 02-06-2017, 12:29 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Well at least I'm still alive I suppose.
In fairness this information is not going to change my life in any way. I'll still be taking my meds and trying to avoid stress like I always did.

Time for tea I think. And chocolate. That always helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20170206_194758_211.jpg (57.0 KB, 56 views)
Old 02-06-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Yes, I agree with chocolate always helping Tetra.

You've really accomplished so very much in a year--be kind to you
Old 02-06-2017, 01:28 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
I think you should ask her out Sao--sounds like she might be a good
match at more than chess
LOL! I see a couple of teensy weenzy obstacles namely I don' t she she would look twice at a hard hat salesman nearly 20 years her senior and the other thing is that her husband could possibly object I suppose
Old 02-06-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I'm just a bit confused. Do I have epilepsy or not? I had a couple of seizures when I got sober a few years ago and I had a couple of them when I was about 10 months old. That's it. I had had an EEG and loads of tests. All I was ever told is that "I'm more prone to seizures than some other people".
I remember my first year at university. A friend of ours had a massive seizure in the library in front of everybody one day. Turns out she is epileptic but was too embarassed to tell us.

Oh I suppose I'll just continue my life as I'm doing. Work, meds and no stress and I'll just try to forget about it. He did give me the all clear to drive so it can't be that bad.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

I think that's a question for a neurologist, Tetra. My understanding is that seizures do not unequivocally equate epilepsy.

One thing I've noticed. When you copy and paste work that came from another source, it's important to give them attribution. I am not sure where the Q and A you posted about seizures came from, though I'm guessing it was some sort of advocacy organization.

Giving attribution to the originator of material doesn't just clarify who created a piece of text but also helps ensure SR is free from any problems regarding plagiarism. As the owner of the site, when someone copies and pastes material created by another here, without attribution, they may be liable.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:50 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

My apologies. I forgot. It came from

Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy | Epilepsy Foundation

Thanks for the reminder
Old 02-06-2017, 02:04 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

So these days, my mornings are phenomenal, but my afternoons still kind of suck. I think my emotional strength is at a low, and I long for ... I don't know what. Relief, in whatever form. I feel inadequate and lost. This is when I still have to work hard against my AV.

Tetra, I've always understood that seizure disorders are on such a weird random sliding scale... The more seizures you've had, weighted toward most recent, the more likely to have another. Since "it is essential to avoid drinking alcohol" ain't it grand that you don't???

Last edited by BixBees505; 02-06-2017 at 02:07 PM. Reason: I am not a doctor and I don't want to play one on TV!!
Old 02-06-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Yeah that's true BixBees.
I just feel strangely deflated for some reason which isn't right really. My neurologist did say that he was pleased with my progress and that I have come a long way.
He gave me a review appointment for one years time. It was strange to see 2018 written down on the paper.

Anyway I've been thinking about it too much now. Enough is enough. I'm not going to die.

Strangely although I have not had a seizure for years I'm now worried about having one at work. I guess my anxiety is something I still need to work on.

Good night all of you. Enjoy your afternoon/night wherever you are and have a nice day tomorrow.
Take care all.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Canguy

Yeah only a Dr can give you a definitive answer I think Tetra. It's a long way from one Dr saying he thinks you might have it to having the empirical evidence, one way or the other, through tests etc...

I'm glad it's been a good few years since you had a seizure

D
Old 02-06-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Struggling. Locking up all the alcohol in the house. Quite lost. Quite...quite.

I actually have a partner who will be alarmed that I feel locking it all up is needed. I am SOOOO LUCKY to have such an interested party.

Definitely struggling. Of course I have the key still. But I have a commitment with partner. Counting minutes.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:28 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Partner is 10 mins from home. Yaaay! This is a lot to need from a life partner though. I am doing well, but this afternoon was dammmmmmmmmmmed difficult.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:33 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Just have to say thanks to Solarian. I think everyone else is either commuting or sleeping. Appreciate your company!
Old 02-06-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Thanks, Bix!

Somehow I have surprisingly cooked myself a healthy meal: brown rice, lentils, green beens, red onions, collard greens, carrots, with curry powder and a little Sri-Racha sauce mixed in.

I've been eating fairly badly for months, so this is a good change.

I also nearly exercised today.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:43 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Sol, that sounds delish and nutrish! I am making an omelet and a salad for dinner tonight.

And I also ALMOST exercised! It was on my list, so it counts as half a gold star!
Old 02-06-2017, 04:59 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Now I have acted like a real grown-up and put the leftovers in a storage container in the fridge (instead of trying to stuff the rest down or leave it on the stove overnight).
Old 02-06-2017, 05:00 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Signing off for the night. Partner pulled up with a WTF look on face. I'm weeping but this will be okay. We are committed and I know it will be ok.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:11 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm, sorry it was do hard Bix - it won't always be that way though

D
Old 02-06-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Good point about plagiarism Venecia....thanks for that.
it's also easy to detect-
Old 02-06-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Solarion View Post
Thanks, Bix!

Somehow I have surprisingly cooked myself a healthy meal: brown rice, lentils, green beens, red onions, collard greens, carrots, with curry powder and a little Sri-Racha sauce mixed in.

I've been eating fairly badly for months, so this is a good change.

I also nearly exercised today.
That sounds amazing! I don't know why I don't cook more often.. I did make hard boiled eggs though, so I can have one or two for breakfast with sriracha... I had a slice of pizza today with sriracha on it!