Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 1

Old 02-12-2017, 08:13 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Day 8!
It is definitely helping to have this place to come to.

Belated Happy Birthday Sober! You are giving yourself the best birthday gift possible---life.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:16 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by milly4me View Post
I use to think it was crazy that I got more done (real positive things too; paying bills, cleaning the house, etc) drinking than not drinking.
I got more done, too. Now I need to get used to dealing with all those everyday "chores" while straight and without the reward of a glass of wine for completing them. Which is probably why I'm procrastinating. Not ideal but as my priority is not drinking they'll just have to wait.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:58 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Morning Febs

Up early and into a new week. Without a hangover....

Lovehoops..... "Luckily, I went straight home".....wasn't luck that you got home, it was your sober self winning. Congratulations. Know what you mean about planning the opportunities to drink tho...

Not good that you're sick, Milly....it is hard, feeling like death and knowing that relief is just twenty minutes and a couple of drinks away. And with a partner drinking. I wouldn't have made it past that....but you're going to make it out of the insane around and around of this, okay.....you have the strength.

Star....a big part of my drinking was 'to get things done', the tedious repetitive parts of projects that just have to be got through. But it was just an excuse to lift caps, and, as time went on, less and less really got done. Even less than that when you include the listless hungover days when I didn't even feel like starting in the first place.

Hi Daucuscarota....a week!

Ok......up and into it. hope everyone has a good day, catch u's later
Old 02-12-2017, 02:20 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Happy birthday sober

Welcome mish and daucusorasta

How did skating go PC?

Hope your visit went OK Charliesworld.

Thinking of you all. It's pretty warm here in Italy compared to UK. I brought all winter woolies and now completely boiling and overdressed. Feels like those horrible hangovers days when hot and uncomfortable but at least not hungover so that's a bonus
Old 02-12-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I'd like to join your class for another attempt of getting off this merry-go-round. This site has been the only way that I have had some length of sobriety. The longest being only 2 months. However, I haven't had to apologize to anyone about my drinking for well over a year. Perhaps I'm just getting better at it! Now I'd like to get better at being sober. It all starts with a day 1, which is where I am today. Looking forward to going through this journey together.
Wishing you all a happy day. Take care.
Old 02-12-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

So happy you're back Sandy/ we missed you xx
Old 02-12-2017, 03:39 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Sandy

D
Old 02-12-2017, 04:02 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Welcome Sandy! I hope it goes well, and I'm glad you're here!
Old 02-12-2017, 09:55 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

This time last week I was very drunk
Today, it's tea and tv.

Awesome.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:11 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Morning all, day 11 here for me and feeling good. Be dissapointed havent got too gym in few days but being doing extra shifts in order too have the time off for weekend away which is fine. Just on way home from 12 hour shift and will be getting things ready for school run when I get home. Have little one all day today as other half is geting hair, nails and what not done (already booked in) before I had too do last nights shift so will be another 14/15 hours before I get any sleep, then another 2 night shifts. Sucks I wont get any down time but suppose keeping busy aint too bad either and things could be a lot worse. Hope ya'lare doing well and have a lovely day.
Glenn
Old 02-12-2017, 11:32 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. It's Monday morning here - my first day back in the office since last Monday and my binge last week (to be fair I would have been at home anyway as my son has been ill and off school).

I've got a lot to catch up on but wanted to check in here first. I'm sorry there are so many names here I can't keep track at the moment but I'll get there.

It feels awkward today. I work with my Dad and he knows what happened last week and my last binge a month ago. I feel stupid I let it happen again. Just going to keep myself busy. Time is the only healer in this. I will be glad when the next couple of days are done then I'll feel more like things are normal.

I'm jealous of those getting snow. We never get it. The last time we had proper snow was about 8 years ago - my boys have never seen it.

Anyway I best get on. Good luck everyone today. Monday is a rubbish day at the best of times for those that work during the week. I could have happily stayed in bed this morning.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:15 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Welcome sandy..glad to have you with us!

Charlie...I'm sure your dad is happy you are getting sober. I know what you mean about time though. My kids don't talk to me for days or more when I get drunk but time dies eventually heal it....as long as I do the right thing and don't drink!!

I wish everyone a great Monday...back to work for me after days off for snow plus weekend..

Stay sober. Oxo
Old 02-13-2017, 04:03 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

I hope everyone has a great day. I'm loving waking up not sick! Going to a 5:30 meeting after work. They have it every day Monday thru Friday, it will be my meeting most nights.
I hope you feel better Milly. It's so unfair to be sick when you didn't drink!
Here's to a Marvelous Monday.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:30 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Hi everybody, I'm on day 16. Something good about connecting with others who are in the same position. If I see people making a success of it, it can spur me on. I hope you people are finding your way.
Good luck all and keep going. A moment's release ain't worth it.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Meow

ReadyAtLast - we won!

me1489 - that's a brutal schedule. I hope you do get some rest.

Bowling last night was difficult at first. Our partners were (of course) very curious about my beverage choice of soda water with lime. I didn't have any problem explaining why, but I did really want a beer. I bowled a 91 the first game. But then in the second game I had a dish of frozen yogurt (before last night I didn't even know they had frozen yogurt) and it restored my equilibrium and I bowled over average the next two games.

Part of what helped was thinking that if I did have something, I'd have to admit it here and on Thursday when I go to my class. I guess there is something to this accountability thing.

Happy Monday all. Hope you have a good one (and for those of you on the back side of Monday, I hope it was a good one).
Old 02-13-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, can I join you? Day 6 for me.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Hi Bluebird!
Glad you're here.

I didn't sleep much last night, maybe 2 hours, but feel okay this morning. Too much caffeine, too late in the day, and wow! it affected my sleep. It didn't help that I was reading something engaging and didn't want to stop. I need to gather some nonfiction that I've read before to place at my bedside so I've something to lull me to sleep if needed.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:06 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Day 9...yesterday was another day of not getting anything done. Another day of ferling like ****. It was bright and sunny so I forced myself to go for a drive and take in some senery and sunlight (albeit through a windshield) but ended up getting carsick, and came back home to vomit and crawl back into bed.

Everyone on this thread seems to be doing so good...you're all so upbeat and nice...and I feel like I'm just barely hanging on.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:20 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  
BGJ

Glad you've joined us, SandyO and Bluebird2017. Recovery is a better way of life!

Hang in there, milly4me. While I'm feeling pretty good this time around, I have definitely had similar times of early sobriety where it took me 2-3 weeks to stop feeling the way you are. Try to eat well and stay hydrated. Give yourself a little love, you deserve it.

It's day 13 for me. Rainy and cold here after some beautiful weather the last two-three weeks. I work this late afternoon/evening, may fall back asleep for a little nap after I finish writing in here.

Wishing everyone a safe and sober day. Remember to ask for help if you need it. We're stronger together!
Old 02-13-2017, 08:26 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

milly- the point is you ARE hanging on. Do not think that is not a good thing.