Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 1

Old 02-16-2017, 06:20 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Meow

Hi Phoenix!

Hey catlover. Love your name (from one cat to another lol). Glad you made it through lunch. You can do this!

Hang in there behappy and trees!
Old 02-16-2017, 06:29 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurpleCat View Post
Hi Phoenix!

Hey catlover. Love your name (from one cat to another lol). Glad you made it through lunch. You can do this!

Hang in there behappy and trees!
Hey Purple Cat - thank you

30 mins to go until I knock off work. Gonna head to the supermarket and then straight home. No liquor shops. No bars.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:43 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I haven't been here for a while...but for some reason, I managed to get back into old ways. Is it ok if I "go back to school" in this months class?
Thanks everyone!
Old 02-16-2017, 07:44 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Trees - keep hanging in and keep posting if it's helpful. We are all pulling for you! Fight them cravings.

SueDenium and Behappy - Congrats on your commitments. Day 2 can be tough (from my experience). Take care of yourselves and let us know if you need anything from us, k?

Catlover - welcome. How are you doing? How was your home cooked meal? These early days can be very, very tough.

I'm starting my day 12, which is actually quite amazing to me. I'm feeling good which is good because I have a lot on my plate these next few days.

SueDenium asked me if I had told my parents that I quit drinking. I haven't. I haven't told anyone other than you guys. No AA either. Just you guys. Sososososooooo.... I'm not quite sure about some things . . ..

The first 10 tens days were so physically rough, that all my efforts were just kind of surviving. Now that I'm past that acute withdrawal stuff, I have to make some plans and goals.

I have my reasons not to confide in my hubby or parents.

I will be thinking about this today.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:40 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hi all

Day nine for me and I heard the first peep from my AV today since day 2. My daughter said she was going for a sleepover at her friend's house and the AV immediately woke up and suggested I get a bottle of wine to drink while she's at her friend's. I immediately came on here and your posts have calmed the cravings down again. Phew! Amazing when and how it can hit.

I'm going to give her a lift to her friend's and then have a bath and watch some catch-up TV instead.

Have a good evening all. Thanks for catching me before I fell.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:49 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Meow

Come on in, badger. Although I do have to say in response to your avatar - GO SPARTANS!!

(For those of you not in the States, his avatar is the mascot for the University of Wisconsin. I'm a fan of the Michigan State University Spartans. Both universities are in the Big 10 conference and play each other in football, basketball and other sports.)

I'm home from work sick today. Blah.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:03 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by milly4me View Post

SueDenium and Behappy - Congrats on your commitments. Day 2 can be tough (from my experience). Take care of yourselves and let us know if you need anything from us, k?
That's very kind, thank you. I'm back from work (not via the pub!) and have just eaten a small but healthy meal. So far, so good.

Originally Posted by milly4me
SueDenium asked me if I had told my parents that I quit drinking. I haven't. I haven't told anyone other than you guys. No AA either. Just you guys. Sososososooooo.... I'm not quite sure about some things . . ..

I have my reasons not to confide in my hubby or parents.
Oh, your call, obviously. I completely understand. It's a private matter, and it's entirely up to you to decide whether or not to confide.

My husband knows I am giving up, but not my health fears, nor that I hope that this is long term. He just knows that I am taking a break for a while.

Hope you get well soon, PurpleCat.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:28 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hey all. Morning of day 11. Feels monumental.
I slept like a log last night. Had some funny dreams and will fight the good fight today to stay me.
Posting when u have a craving and being upfront that you want to drink really does help.

No one here thinks drinking is a good idea so it's a great leveller for a sick brain.

Take care, stay safe.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:06 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hi I'm on day 5 and just came across this have been in a bit of a vacuum for a few days feel more human now
Old 02-16-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Had the strangest dream last night but still had broken sleep glad to hear it gets better
Old 02-16-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Still here, hanging on. Overwhelmed the last day so posting has become difficult. Not feeling well but glad it's not due to drinking.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Day 2 is just about in the books for me. I at least felt more human today. Calling it an early night. 2.5 hours of sleep just didn't cut it. Great reminder that i never have to go through a detox like that again. Heartbeat has shown down, hot/cold flashes are subsiding thankfully. Here's to a more restful night!
Old 02-16-2017, 03:38 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Hope you get a good nights sleep behappy.
I'm on day 4 and feeling antsy. My AV is telling me I can continue with my weekly single beer at my family's and that I can unlearn the solo binging because there are times when I control the amount I drink. Sigh. Think I'm going to go to AA today.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

The AV always lies noneever - always.
Doing something for your recovery now sounds like a great idea

D
Old 02-16-2017, 04:18 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Babysitting my three year old grandson tonight so his mom and dad can go out for their anniversary. Happy to be sober! Hugs to all!
Old 02-16-2017, 04:23 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Hi all! Welcome to all the newbies. Day 15 here and feeling good! Work and home have been busy this week, which is good. Stay sober!
Old 02-16-2017, 04:27 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread time guys - we close threads at around 500 posts to stop things getting too unwieldy - we continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html