Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 1

Old 02-06-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Hi would like to join tho am hoping tomorrow is day 1.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:24 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Maria

Hi All,
My name is Maria and I am new here..on day 11 after ending up in ER w/ emergency surgery to put my ankle back together. That was the last evening I drank and I am using this experience as a catalyst to catapult me out of a decade long decline into the abyss of alcohol abuse pretty much every evening. I am ready and grateful for this site, support and understanding of what I am going through.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:33 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Forwards - I hope your stomach feels better tomorrow!

Tamra - I hear you on the anxiety... not pleasant. Those sunny days change my attitude and outlook completely as they do yours.

RAL - Sorry you're having such a rough day. Sounds like my 4th day, I didn't crave a drink but I felt like crap. And yes, the weather affects my moods, too. Good advice, FreedomHorse! It will pass. Stay strong.

InApickle - great video and love that instrumental piece!

BGJ - I also like the idea of a wild, stormy night in Scotland! Have a good night at work.

Wilcox - Stay away from liquor stores! I'm glad you got away from there quickly.

lovehoops - The bad cold should help, when I'm that ill all I can think about is feeling better, not drinking.

canguy - I had several days (and might have more) where I could thing of nothing but getting through withdrawal symptoms let alone post. Reading was difficult. And thinking. I just stay close and read others' posts... It helps.

Ready - Superbowl leftovers? Good stuff! Enjoy!

rascalwhiteoak - How nice to drift off with your pets! Finishing day 6 here, also.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:35 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Hi Waterwitch and Maria!

Old 02-06-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome TamraMaew maria and waterwitch
Glad you got through wilcox

congrats on 4 fays forwards
Hope everyone is doing ok!

D
Old 02-06-2017, 08:37 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
BGJ

Welcome to waterwitch and mariathebird!

Home from another nice night at work. It really is amazing how much better work goes when I'm not going in hungover or, just as often, after having a few before work drinks.

Going to read for a bit and then play some video games. Wishing everyone a good night or day or whatever it is in your part of the world!
Old 02-06-2017, 10:04 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Hey all. Day three after an awful weekend. On the 6am train to work and trying not to cry. Just counting the hours until I can go back to sleep
Xxxx
Old 02-06-2017, 11:46 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Day 2 here, off to work. Sorry I am not very good at posting and replying (English is not my first language), but I feel the need to check in. Hope you don't mind
Old 02-07-2017, 12:31 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure noone minds Mako. Your English seems very good to me - post as much as you need to

D
Old 02-07-2017, 12:48 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

end of day 1. Night everyone
Old 02-07-2017, 12:55 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

Originally Posted by me1489 View Post
I do enjoy the school runs when the weather is nice! Absolutely rotten out this morning tho, I see your in England so your prob the same, definitely a duvet day as they say but I do have too go back out in it a couple times again but suppose it could be worse

Yea as for the cigarettes, will be tough for sure, tried few times before, actually lasted couple years once, bought one of those ecigs last week but yet too try it. Probably best too just use nothing but I can see myself getting quite cranky . The better half does smoke too so will make it harder for sure and she doesn't drink alcohol (cannot) so she see's it as all she does and rather enjoys it so I will for sure be doing it alone. Will wait until get through my first week tho before I add something else too the mix. Getting back into the gym today and planning out a week of things too do too keep my mind off things. Might even book myself in for a massage.

Did you use anything too get off them or just stop one day?
It took me many attempts but I finally kicked it. I just really hated the feeling they gave me the next day ( I only smoked when I drank so the hangovers were doubly vile). But, what really did it for me is I was a medical secretary for about three years after leaving the City when I had my daughter. I had a booking in a chest clinic as part of my duties; and worked alongside the consultant there. When I saw the chest x-rays of patients suffering with lung cancer - through smoking - it totally scared me to death. I quit then. I believe nothing is worth doing that to my body. Good luck x
Old 02-07-2017, 02:18 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Closing out day 1....
Not an easy day......it'd be good to not have another.

Been here before of course......so I know that the next few nights are going to be broken sleeplessness.

Just have to push through it.

Ok....tomorrow is another day.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:30 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Administrator

you guys can do this

D
Old 02-07-2017, 03:49 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Welcome waterwitch and Maria

canguy-hope you stick around. I find posting helps. that's what we're here for.

BGJ_ good news on enjoying work sober and not hungover. It makes a huge difference doesn't it.

Mako-your English is excellent, please keep posting.

Great job Wilcox

Tamra- I use the gratitude threads in the daily support forums too. it helps me get a sense of perspective practising daily gratitude.

Congrats on day 7 ready and rascal when you wake up

Thanks star starstar. yes i feel like a drink today tbh very difficult. worse day id had yesterday.

Hope your day at work is ok stillsleeping. at least you have gone in.

have a good day lilly too.

I've just had flowers delivered at work from Mr RAL to cheer me up. It's worked

Hope everyone has a good day.x
Old 02-07-2017, 05:04 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Meow

I'm achy this morning. Not sure if it's the half hour walk I took yesterday wearing dress boots instead of tennis shoes, or a side effect of the Campral. Hopefully the former.

I hope everyone has a good day today and hangs in there.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:16 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Enjoy a brand new day!! Depending on where you are located ...It is a brand new day for me! If not...G'night and you have tomorrow to look forward to! I love being here again. What a great group of supportive kindred spirits !!
Old 02-07-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Good morning...checking in for the day. The rain and fog made me feel so blah this morning...but dragged myself out of bed anyway...
Old 02-07-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Afternoon, really bad day here, from not able too sleep after a night shift cause of school runs too just everything from morning too afternoon hasn't gone my way. Supposed too be taking herself away for 3 days next week and training I apllied for just happens too only have availabilitys that very week. Looks like I'l lose out on about €500 from the holiday as its all paid and wont refund. So pretty tired, cranky and want nothing more for her too come back from work and go the gym and take out my frustration. Thought of bed tonight seems somewhat distant but admirable. On day 5-here today and for sure will not touch alcohol today. Hope everyone is having a somewhat better day although it for sure could be a lot worse.
Glenn
Old 02-07-2017, 08:25 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Morning mscooster,freedom horse and PC hope your aches ease soon PC .

Hope your weather improves fh.

Sorry to hear that Glenn. Is there no way your holiday or training could be postponed?
Old 02-07-2017, 08:27 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
BGJ

It's day seven here. I'm off work today. I think the plan is video games and not getting out of my pajamas. Maybe I'll order a pizza later.

I'm not gonna drink today. How about you?