Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 1

Old 02-11-2017, 12:40 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Hi a good day.
I mainly drank when im overwhelmed or haven't had enough time alone.
I am planning each day to make sure I am conscious of these things and it's working well.
I'm concentrating on noticing and recording the positive and not just counting how long I've been sober.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:42 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

Just checking in to say I love, love, love my sober Saturday mornings. Of course I ❤️ love every sober morning but Saturdays were particularly hellish for me as I always got smashed out of my face friday nights. Last night got myself an Indian takeaway, worked on some brand new projects. It's amazing what we can get done when we don't drink xxx
Old 02-11-2017, 01:02 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good trip RAL

D
Old 02-11-2017, 01:10 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Thanks dee

Totally agree with you lilly, Saturdays are extra special

Trees, I can relate as also need a lot of time alone. Being in groups, with people and interacting for long periods of time drains me physically and mentally.

Hope you're OK bgj.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:31 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday too all, hope you are all well. God lilyknitting indian sounds so good, what is your order of choice? Also care too share what kind of projects you are working on? No biggie if don't want too . Have a good trip Ready at last and all stay safe and sober out there.
Day 9 here for me, just about too get ready and take little one too the balls (literally big play pin thingy full of balls lol) need too get gym in at some point and then couple hours sleep before head too work for the night/morning, will see how I am feeling after trip and see which is best too come first.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:20 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Hi all! Day 11. Just shoveled the snow in time for some more...ugh. All I feel like doing today is sitting on the couch and watching TV, which may be what happens. And, of course, caring for the little one when she gets up from her nap. As each day goes by, I'm realizing more and more that sober is the way to go. I hope everyone is starting to feel the same way. Have a great day!
Old 02-11-2017, 06:16 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

I'm looking forward to a sober Saturday, too. First, I'm going to tidy up a bit and then sit down with my notebook and make a stay sober plan. Thanks for the link, Dee.
I also want to do something really nice tonight, sober. Something I can really look forward to. I'll think it up when I'm making my plan.
Happy day everyone!
Old 02-11-2017, 06:33 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Shopping for food. When did it become so expensive?! I'm glad I got that over and done with early in the day, though.

Day 11 and all's good.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:00 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Meow

I'm competing in a figure skating competition out of town today, so I wouldn't have drank anyway. At least not until I got home (late).
Old 02-11-2017, 08:15 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
BGJ

Still slowly waking up on this wonderful sober Saturday morning. Work in a few hours, that's the main plan for today. Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-11-2017, 09:03 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Saturday afternoon here. Day 2 so still early days. I am still struggling with my conscience today. I'm going out with my sisters later. I'm not looking forward to it massively. I'm pretty sure they know what happened last week but I doubt it will get mentioned. It's the elephant in the room in my family. No-one ever says anything. Not sure there's much point though anyway. There is only me this way so how will any of them understand.

My oh today said it's time I got help. He's noticed like I have my relapses have become more frequent the last few months. They've gone from 3/4 times a year the last few years to nearly once a month. I'm not sure what help I can find elsewhere that I can't get rom here. It's a toughie.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:45 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Middle of day 7

Going well for me at the moment. At work now, got an easy day. This weekend gonna be tough for me. For me, when I'm not working, time goes so slow and I get bored, and I'm tired from working all week, that's a very big trigger for me to start drinking. But as of right this moment Im feeling like I can make it.

Such a big part of relapsing, I believe is the depression that comes along with early sobriety. You know, feeling like you can't do the things you used to do to get through the day or night. Not having something you want can make anyone dissatisfied with life. But gradually, little by little, that depressive state starts to weaken. You may not notice it for days or weeks, but it IS weakening. Unfortunately, for us who give in to it, the depression begins anew at full force, like being sucked into a black hole. What I'm getting at is keep staying sober, it's getting better, you may not see it that way, but it is. Just have keep taking those small steps away from that strong gravitational force trying to suck us back in.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:18 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Good morning class.....from the Sunday over the horizon.

Weekends are the tough bit for me too Disonant. Not so much bored but its the time the isolation thing really kicks in. Late Saturday afternoon......what used to be 'beer o'clock' when I was married. Drinks at four-ish.
Its a hard habit to kick. Sorry to hear you're feeling tired, bored depressed......but you're giving yourself and everybody else good advice.

When I first left work, people would ask me how it was going. It was going great. "Everyday's like Saturday...." I'd tell them, "....except Sunday."

But today is Sunday....and it has that grey, quiet, deserted, morning-after kind of feel all day.

I'm redoing the living room in this apartment....so I'll put the talk radio on, listen to the pundits and opinionators and paint ceilings till late afternoon.

And no beer o'clock.

Later.....
Old 02-11-2017, 12:45 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

I'm feeling really good today. I've manage my energy levels and food intake really well.

Just had spinach, cucumber and 3 bananas all whizzed up.

Eggs later.

This is good.

Anyone struggling please post and share.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:28 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

I'm new

Hi everyone,

I just joined yesterday. I am on day 7----have not had any wine since last Sat. night.
I have been drinking wine for most of my adult life, except when pregnant. Several years ago, I knew it was out of control, and I quit for 5 years, then started again when a big trauma happened to me. Almost a year ago, I quit for an entire month, but resumed on a very stressful day.
Each time I started again, I was drinking way more.
So this is my third time quitting.
I am hoping that this community will make the difference this time, in staying the course.
I am planning to come here if the cravings get too strong.

Good luck to all of us.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
BGJ

Welcome Daucuscarota and congrats on one week!
Old 02-11-2017, 02:54 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, BGJ. I appreciate it.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:59 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Administrator

Big welcome from me too Daucuscarota - well done on one week

D
Old 02-11-2017, 03:20 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Hi Everyone. Mish here...instead of just lurking I thought I would formally join as I have been drinking and need to stop. So Day 2 for me...last night was just awful with hot/cold sweats and now I'm shaking. Anyhow just thought I would say hi and "I'm In". Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-11-2017, 04:02 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Mish - what do you reckon you need to do differently?

D