Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Coping With Fear and Disappointment - Weekender 10-13 November

Notices

Coping With Fear and Disappointment - Weekender 10-13 November

Old 11-16-2016, 11:40 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders.

Had a supertough day at work. I am now communicating directly with the deputy manager of our client which is the Deputy manager of one of Government Agencies, and I don't know what's eating him but he was borderline rude on the phone.

Well. This too shall pass.

Gilmer - I am doing ok for now - just so busy at work that have no time to feel. It's probably for better.

Have a good day, all.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:04 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Powerful people (well, many of them) are often rude just because they can be. Do not waste a single nanosecond being upset MidnightBlue, he is not worth any of your time or emotional input.

Got home at 7.45pm, that does not leave much of evening especially as I have not eaten. I am going to resist the urge to order a take away but it is just going to be fuel tonight, nothing time consuming

Some drunkish people on the train tonight (a group of 4 guys) they had obviously had some drinks after work and were in good natured high spirits, so far so good, but they were discussing the various places they were going to later so in all likelihood their evening will start out good and end up horribly drunk and hungover tomorrow. I used to do the same. I wish I could tell them how dumb it is
Old 11-16-2016, 02:06 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

I had a hard day. We were made sit through a one hour fire lecture. The guy giving the talk said we have to know what to do if there is a fire as inspectors might visit from the Department of health. Supposedly they stop random staff and ask what we should do if there is a fire. The place is a shambles. Every week I book up patients for surgery. Every week they get cancelled because there are no beds. Anyway..

My rash has returned. I went to a different pharmacist to get a different opinion. She looked at my arm and said "oh God". I told her the "scabies saga". She thinks it is not scabies. She wrote down a name of what she thought it might be, gave me more cream to use once a day for a week, leave on for 5 minutes and wash off. If it is not gone in a week then go back to my proper GP and not the crappy out of hours service. She did say it's nothing to do with bugs, scabies or bed bugs. At last I'll sleep well tonight. I have been so freaked out at my place because I didn't know what might be in my bed with me, that the only place I could rest was at my parents or my friends house.

The husband of a woman I work with is in hospital now. He woke up a few days ago in their house, didn't know where he was or who she was. He could not recognise his wife for hours and thought she was his mother. They were taking him for an MRI scan when I left this evening. I said I would do some of her typing tomorrow just to help out. He is only in his 50s so be careful out there friends.
As usual I have a candle lighting for all of us tonight.
Your health is your wealth.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

So sorry the day was rough, Tetra. Glad to hear that the rash is probably not bug-oriented!
Old 11-16-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Bad luck Tetra. Our fire prevention lecture contained a video with Richard Griffiths in it (Harry Potters nasty Stepdad) At least it was funny

About an hour ago I opened a 130gram bag of Minstrels (candy coated chocolate) The bag is resealable

Optimistic
Old 11-16-2016, 11:38 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Administrator

new weekender is here guys:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-november.html

D