Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Frogs, Scorpions and Right Decisions Weekender Thread 03-06 Nov. 2016

Notices

Frogs, Scorpions and Right Decisions Weekender Thread 03-06 Nov. 2016

Old 11-05-2016, 11:50 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Congrats happyandfree! That's pretty awesome

I just spent 4 days in a sick/medicated haze... I seem to be a little groggy today but it feels like I'm coming out of anesthesia. I have to say, reading over some of my posts was entertaining.

I'm ridiculously thirsty all the time and I've started to have insomnia too. Boo.

I need to write in my gratitude journal! And probably meditate and pray and send out some happy juju out there.

I'm still stuck with my lovely little one full time unless I can work something out with her daycare until I have money which means little to no f2f support for awhile. Kinda sucks, but whaddayado? Sitting waiting on a year's worth of gvt benefits which I desperately need to pay to live.

But hey whatever! Trusting the process I guess.... having faith. I feel super strong in my sobriety so I know I'll get through it and figure things out. Or they'll work themselves out.

It's sunny out today. Our winters are always so gray. Happy sober Saturday all!
Old 11-05-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

keep going Del. Hope you feel better soon.

I realised tonight that perhaps I should check out the films I'm going to watch before I book the tickets.
Girl on a train was a great thriller, but felt really uncomfortable watching the main character struggle with her drinking.
A lot of it was far beyond where I had been, but some of the habits had started to creep in for me, like stopping for a bottle when I was already drunk.
I don't know if it was good for me to watch it or not - just felt really awkward, like I was about to get caught out.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Congrats on 1000 days HaF.

Sore and worn out from working on my truck all day and other BS around here. I'm sober and clean though, so things are good.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

So what's everyone up to tonight? I just watched the rest of the Amanda Knox doc on Amazon. It was pretty interesting.
Other than that....it was a pretty boring day. I always want a day to do nothing, but when I get one I get bored. The highlight of the day was a run to Trader Joe's. ...I do love that store. I stocked up on all sorts of stuff.
Ok...I guess I'll read for a while. I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 11-05-2016, 07:34 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I just finished watching bad moms with a friend and am going to bed sober
Old 11-05-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I al sus have periods like this . Periods of time where I snap I drink non stop. I knew it before it stated and I called my old sponsor she did not pick up and wh n she call me back I was deep into my own personal hell. I know what my trigger was a big position at work that I don't feel good enough to even apply. I have been drinking since Thursday non stop went to work on Friday and keep drinking. My husband is mad said drinking again you are not going out to buy more alcohol. Yes I'm going my bottle of wine is almighty st over and I need to drink till I ******* lose consciousness. This monster in me demands it consequences are gonna have to wait. Oh God I am lost.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:05 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Oh, SAH
Can you put down the wine, have a glass of water and go to bed?
I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy
Old 11-05-2016, 10:41 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Yes. Something in you must want to be stopped, because you posted here and told us about it. I think we are united here in saying STOP RIGHT NOW!

Arrest this thing while you can. You're always capable of making the right choice. Dump the bottle out and don't go out for more.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:39 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone

Soberandhealthy I am glad you posted here. Do not despair, you can find away out of this
Old 11-06-2016, 01:41 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Morning all, sorry I didn't post yesterday evening, I was very tired and it being Saturday evening I had some quality time with my other half. So often during the week we're doing our own things and conversation gets left behind, not so good.

soberandhealthy, I hope things are looking better for you today.

I'm still doing DIY/reno in the bathroom, today it's time for the second coat of paint, hope it'll look ok.

Wishing everyone a sober Sunday.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:29 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Happy Sober Sunday everyone!
Old 11-06-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Good morning, NeferkaMichael. How are things going this morning?
Old 11-06-2016, 05:51 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I was invited round a friends to watch the North London derby (soccer) but had to turn it down as a few serious drinkers are going to be there. Bit of a shame but worth it in the long run
Old 11-06-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Well done Sao, I know that it is hard to miss out on events on that, but even without heavy drinkers they have a habit of turning into sessions. I think you made the right call there
Old 11-06-2016, 10:55 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

I understand saou, there are many situations that I would not put myself in, like that one. Certain ones I'm ok with, but heavy drinkers not so much. Gotta protect our sobrieties.

I think I'm taking my medication doses too close together hence the zombiness all week. And possibly the ridiculous posts I hardly remember posting.
Also waking up every two hours and staying awake for 2 hours! Reminders of drinking days. Ugh.
It is a BEAUTIFUL Sunday here. I hope everyone is having a happy sober Sunday!
Old 11-06-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, a busy weekend comes to a close for me, I've done a bit of everything I think, exercise, painting walls, cooking, walking dogs and i've just swopped the summer clothes for the winter clothes, hey ho, the colder weather is coming, big sigh.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Soberandhealthy, I hope you have a better day tomorrow. Please come back and let us know how you are.

Early bed for me I think...
Old 11-06-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Soberandhealthy, Are you around today?
How are you doing? Thinking of you.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I have a feeling sleep might be hard to achieve tonight as my back is playing up (again). I really should do something about it instead of just moaning, especially as I plan to live forever so I don't want nagging back pain
Old 11-06-2016, 12:58 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Saou, two words fro you: naproxen sodium. 12 hour pain relief.

Now, in the interest of keeping our musical heritage alive, I give you what I think is the last best song by the last best southern rock band:

There are more live versions out there but, I think the original video is the best.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thank you Trach - i will look it up

Bed time for me

I hope everyone makes it through the weekend