Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Frogs, Scorpions and Right Decisions Weekender Thread 03-06 Nov. 2016

Notices

Frogs, Scorpions and Right Decisions Weekender Thread 03-06 Nov. 2016

Old 11-03-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

I'm in.

Typo alert: Dee, I'm pretty sure this weekend goes through November 6!
Old 11-03-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
saoutchik

To all newcomers welcome to the Weekenders thread

Congratulations on shotgun Flossieteacake

Great posts Dee and Aellyce, I had heard of the Frog Scorpion parable before but had never related it to myself and my AV. It really is apt
Old 11-03-2016, 10:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm in xx
Old 11-03-2016, 11:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sober solstice, if counting days is causing you trouble just count the only one that matters. Today. Stay sober today. Rinse, repeat. Hang on there.

I went to a meeting this morning and now I'm home. Debating on cleaning. What fun!

Petals, how are you doing today?
Old 11-03-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am in!

Saturday will be 5 months sober!
Old 11-03-2016, 11:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sobersolstice View Post
Well, I've had relapses every other day for a month or so now (if that makes any sense). I've finally pushed through that 3rd day, and am on 4. I don't like counting days much, but that number 4 is a benchmark hurdle for me.

I haven't touched a drink so far in November.
That's brilliant! Day 5 and 7 are my big ones. For some reason when I've come back from a relapse those two days have held the most temptation! Keep going :-)
Old 11-03-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

thats great Sobersolstice!
Old 11-03-2016, 11:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm having one of those days where people are getting to me. I was at a face to face meeting, shared and someone came up to me afterwards and said that my "pink cloud wouldn't last". Not going to lie, I wanted to punch that person considering they'd never met me before. I'm in a place today, at this moment, where I'm proud of what I have achieved, that I'm looking for a new job, that my house is clean, that my antidepressants are finally stabalising me again after messing them up with alcohol for so long, and that I managed to cook dinner last night without burning myself for the first time in about a fortnight.

I just needed to vent. I know resentments aren't good but man, that one got to me!
Old 11-03-2016, 12:01 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I am in !
Old 11-03-2016, 12:04 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Yogini, stop and think about this. What on earth would make a person walk up to you and say something that's so negative? You are happy and living life. This moment, and where you are right now is good, very good. So, their need to come to you and say what they did is a complete reflection on them and has nothing to do with you.

I actually feel sorry for them that they're so unhappy with their own life they have to try to dampen someone's spirits like that.

Revel in the goodness that you've found and give the feeling of resentment away. Don't let it waste another moment of your time.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I had a productive day (at last!).

I got four short essays done and finished half my reading for this week. By Saturday I should be in good shape.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:26 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Pattik57

Congratulations on 5 months Midwest, fantastic news!

Yogini, I agree with LadyBlue, that negative person obviously has issues of his own

Well done for keeping on top of your tasks Gilmer

My lower back is giving me pain again, I seem too be getting back pain 3 days out of every 30. I have so far put of going to my doctor in case I ever have to make an insurance claim, they will say I have had treatment or something and claim I have a preexisting condition
Old 11-03-2016, 01:26 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Dee and Aellyce - wonderful stories.
Up last night watching a wonderful last game of the world series. So happy to have been watching it sober.
Had I been drinking I wouldn't have been able to remember all of it and I would have felt horrible today.
Felt good!
Old 11-03-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by yogini
said that my "pink cloud wouldn't last".
Oh yes lol I've had ppl say this to me. Also, when I've said I'll never drink again they've responded, "You can't say that...you don't know that". Well, I *do* know that actually...deeply and profoundly. Um...it's been 10 years and plenty of devastating times I've gotten through, so I just smile and thank them for their words of "wisdom". Don't let it get to you, yogini. It's your feet on your path. Keep walking with your shoulders back, head held high, and face to the light.

Love the parable/analogy, Dee. I'm an analogy nerd. Love that kind of stuff.

I enjoy reading you weekenders. I've started mine early, as I'm paying hooky tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Yogini1603-

I agree with Ladyblue and saoutchik - that person has some issues of their own. Hearing about you cleaning and pulling other stuff together inspires me. No kidding. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Sorry you're having back trouble, Sao.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Congrats to all the cubs fans - well done for watching sober
Old 11-03-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Yogini, they're right, it's not about you. You're doing great- enjoy it. Hopefully you can shrug it off, and I understand how aggravating that is.

Sorry about your back Saou.

I am not doing well at all. I just seem to be a rotating cycle of unfortunate circumstances followed by terrible sickness. Very much depleting the last of my reserves. Not going to drink. I just want to lay down and not move. Blah.

I did read this today which gave me a bit of a boost, it's from "God Calling" by A.J. Russell. He actually did the publication of this book for two women who wished to remain anonymous and only known as "Two Listeners".

"November 3

Unlimited Supply

Unlimited supply, that is My Law. Oh! the unlimited supply and oh! the poor, blocked channels! Will you feel this, that there is no limit to My Power?
But man asks, and blasphemes in asking, such poor mean things. Do you not see how you wrong Me? I desire to give you a gift, and if you are content with the poor, and the mean, and the sordid, then you are insulting Me, the Giver.
"Ask what ye will and it shall be done unto you." How I can fulfill the promise is My Work, not yours, to consider.... Have a big Faith, and expect big things, and you will get big things."

https://twolisteners.org/
I take comfort in the words in this book, even if I am not much of a religious person. I often pick up this book and either flip to a message that has some meaning to me or the message of the day does.

Anyhow, I guess I need to stop wah-wahing about how bad I feel and work on my gratitude
Old 11-03-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by U75 View Post
I'm in.

Typo alert: Dee, I'm pretty sure this weekend goes through November 6!
I have to write these things on a Thursday - gimme a break!
all fixed
D
Old 11-03-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

First of all, Dee, anybody who criticizes you should be flogged!
(That's mostly hyperbole, U75! )

Originally Posted by Delizadee
Unlimited supply, that is My Law. Oh! the unlimited supply and oh! the poor, blocked channels! Will you feel this, that there is no limit to My Power?
But man asks, and blasphemes in asking, such poor mean things. Do you not see how you wrong Me? I desire to give you a gift, and if you are content with the poor, and the mean, and the sordid, then you are insulting Me, the Giver.
"Ask what ye will and it shall be done unto you." How I can fulfill the promise is My Work, not yours, to consider.... Have a big Faith, and expect big things, and you will get big things."
This hit me today, Del. I just saw a molehill of a dispute between friends of mine conflagrate into a volcano in a matter of hours, and it looks like the rupture may be permanent.

The world is so big and deep and expansive. We need to take the long view of things instead of being derailed by the "tyranny of the urgent" (not my phrase, unfortunately).