Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Frogs, Scorpions and Right Decisions Weekender Thread 03-06 Nov. 2016

Notices

Frogs, Scorpions and Right Decisions Weekender Thread 03-06 Nov. 2016

Old 11-06-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

I have had a busy weekend.
I went to my parents for a visit. My sister had gone to Dublin for a few days so it was just the 3 of us.
I had hoped that my parents would go for their usual Saturday drive and walk and I would have the house to myself but my dad seems to be tired from his new blood pressure medication so he said to my mom 'why don't you and Tetra go for a drive and look around the shops? Tetra was saying something about a new dress for the office party?"

I didn't feel like I could refuse and I figured dad could do with a few hours break so...

I didn’t kill her anyway! Later that night I went down for a glass of milk and I heard my mom say "Tetra is lovely, quiet company - just like you. I'm not surprised the people in her office like her".

I had dinner with my best friend tonight. We have been friends for 30 years. Here's to 30 more! I feel slightly awkward around her sometimes as she was there for all of it. And I mean ALL. The drinking. The unhappiness. She had to rescue me a few times when I was so drunk that I have no recollection of how she got there or how I ended up in her parents guest room. I mentioned to her that I'm worried about my dad. She just said "don't worry. You will always have me".

My dad found an old photo of me this weekend. It's of an 18 year old Tetra getting ready for the Debs Ball. I nearly cried when I saw the photo. I was "hot" back then. As most 18 year olds are! But I never had any confidence in myself and I never thought of myself that way. I still don't. Mostly people call me 'cute'. And I wish I still looked like that. But I guess I look ok for 36 and I'm sure there will be a time in years to come - if I live that long - where I'll wish I still looked 36...Anyway

I'm going into hiding for a day or 2. Wake me up after the Americans have done their voting bit as I just can't take it anymore.

Sleep well all and good night.

Don't forget to vote!
Old 11-06-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

The beginning of this tread tickled me Dee .. Scorpio is my horoscope sign . I no longer sting , because I got rid of my Venom /poison called alcohol
Old 11-06-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Administrator

great to see you Nesty

SAH, I hope you're doing ok. Something needs to change, for good, yeah?

D
Old 11-06-2016, 10:22 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Morning all, just getting ready for the work week - have managed to start giving myself a few moments here every morning. It helps set me up for the day.
Old 11-06-2016, 10:52 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, my back wasn't too bad last night so I slept ok which is a relief

Hey Nesty! It is great to see you

November is our busiest month at work, This will be my second sober November, I must make sure remember how much better it is waking up sober when I am tired after a long day.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:18 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Morning guys.
Hopefully your back is getting better saou, have you tried any gentle back exercises?
Hugs to everyone xx
Old 11-07-2016, 12:20 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Gosh only just noticed that because the clocks here In the UK went back an hour that my post looks like I've posted it in an hour's time in the future xx
Old 11-07-2016, 03:47 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Got up on time and ready to go. Everyone enjoy your day.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:51 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

You, too, NeferkaMichael!
Old 11-07-2016, 04:09 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hope your back keeps getting better Sao, I know how much it can disrupt life.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:28 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Tetra, that friend is priceless.

Hey, petals!
Old 11-07-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

São, gentle yoga would be worth looking into. It's really helped me with some back issues. Or learn some stretches to practice every day.

I'm sitting at work, freezing to death, because the air conditioning appears to be on still, and it's blowing directly on my Head.

Petals, time Travel would be a cool thing. I always get confused with the clocks when the time changes.

Back to work
Old 11-07-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Good morning folks!

Still feeling zombie like here, but got some good news today- my government money is coming to me! I am so happy, day is made. It's not coming until December, which is a shame, but all the same it will be in time for Christmas shopping. I would be so happy if it comes at the end of September. I need this money to live and so I will be able to go to treatment.

So excited to online window shop for gifts for the kids.

Ruby, I am not a fan of AC unless it's on in the vehicle. And hardly then. It just makes me feel sick and I'm forever cold so I wear sweaters even in summer.

Tetra your friend sounds like a real gem.

Saou, how bout hot yoga or a hot rock massage? Or get someone to walk on your back... person favorite of mine lol. As long as they don't weigh more than me.

Petals, we don't do daylight savings time here but one of my clock radios does it automatically. So I was tricked last night while I was making supper because it had decided to go back an hour earlier. Anyways, supper was an hour later than usual.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:11 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Evening, thank you for the helpful suggestions about my back. I have arthritis so I will look into to the yoga/stretching exercises. I better check to make sure that it won't make it worse

Originally Posted by petals View Post
Gosh only just noticed that because the clocks here In the UK went back an hour that my post looks like I've posted it in an hour's time in the future xx
Petals, if you tap the User Control Panel (top left hand side of your screen) then select Edit Options, towards the bottom of the list you can change the time zone back to GMT

Still at work, hopefully not too long to go
Old 11-07-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

They changed the format of the table of contents for my class--and I now see that I have a whole 'nother unit to complete by tomorrow!

Good thing I checked!

But the hardest part (listening to the lecture and answering essay questions) is over. I just have to read three excerpts, which will take about an hour. I won't be tested on them, so there's no pressure.

Tonight I'm going out to dinner with friends I haven't seen in five years. They're a mother-daughter team. The daughter is the first person who told me I ought to give up drinking altogether.

Tonight I can tell her that it'll be three years next Wednesday!

And I can thank her!
Old 11-07-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Three years is awesome Gilmer, I think it is close enough to say congratulations!

Ruby that sounds crazy, is there no way you can get it turned off? We have extended our office area recently into one of the old factory bays and seem to have the opposite problem, if the heating is on it gets too warm, it does not seem very adjustable but perhaps it's just teething troubles
Old 11-07-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Gilmer is pretty awesome.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

That's a nice thing to say, Trach! Thank you!

Old 11-07-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

'It stings and kills because that what it does'...I feel this
Old 11-07-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Stick with the Weekenders' thread, Emzeh. We keep bolstering each other all week long--and a new weekend starts every Thursday. Definitely hang around here for support!