Notices

Winslows'way out

Old 02-16-2017, 06:05 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi Winslow-

I am glad you came back. That does sound like an awful situation at work. Dealing with the public is hard.

good job getting back to day 6! have you worked on your plan any for the next time you get frustrated after work? Make sure to eat and unwind first before anything.

also if you want a change I hope you go for it!
Old 02-16-2017, 06:51 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thanks Midwest, actually it's quite stupid cuz I stopped and bought beer on the way home I was in such a determined state to drink but as soon as I walked through my door, I didn't want to drink anymore but I had already bought it so I drank it,I wish I had waited, got home first,maybe napped,etc,I always say I'll do anything to stay sober, it's time I prove it
Old 02-16-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back Winslow - maybe looking at other healthy ways to deal with stress and bad days is a good idea?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...44-stress.html

You don't have to drink it if you buy either - that was a real revelation to me.

Think of what a great investment it would be for your recovery to have poured those suckers down the sink?
Old 02-20-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Day 10 I'm really tired of starting the count over again, I'm a smartish person, I love my family, I have a job,I'm mostly happy and healthy all the time it's just those yuck days I get so overwhelmed and crack! I need to come up with a better, different plan I just can't seem to put one together.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

W- to think outside the box- I needed f-f support. What can you do to break the cycle? Something different. Think about it. I have to until my brain hurts- but with prof. help - I seem to slowly make progress. PJ
Old 02-20-2017, 02:43 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

What do you think you need to add Winslow?

D
Old 03-04-2017, 05:15 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Bump!

how are you doing Winslow ?
Old 03-04-2017, 07:28 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi Midwest, I'm doing ok thanks for asking just haven't posted in a bit cuz I really don't have anything to say,I'm keeping positive thoughts going, great to see you
Old 03-04-2017, 02:11 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

It is great to see you too! I am glad you are keeping the positive thoughts going. That will take you far!

Remember how I told you my mom had Cher tickets? They flew out to Las Vegas and Cher got sick and cancelled her show but they had a great time anyway. Thankfully they had insurance on the tickets. lol.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:02 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Just read through this thread. As a newbie I got allot from it. Goodluck facing up to this next round Winslow, and I hope you knock it out for good.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:54 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Thanks Redfalcon Midwest, oh no! That's terrible about the Cher show they sure kept it on the down low cuz I haven't seen anything about it on the news,yesterday was little g-sons 4 th birthday party, I can't believe he's already 4! Anyway I told myself that it was my last blowout...... on food! I'm trying to go gluten free for 30 days and see how I feel but now that today's the day I'm kinda getting scared,especially cuz I often use the H in HALT if things get tough,I don't want to put too much pressure on myself, yesterday grocery shopping was making me anxious and overwhelmed I just didn't know what to buy,hubs is on board but my son and g-son are both picky so I'll hafta make two dinners, maybe I'll just start off slow,I've already been trying new gf recipes that I found on Pinterest at least it's a start,I just have bad blood sugar issues and lethargy,brain fog, digestive problems, etc so I'm trying to feel the best that I can I guess I just need to keep that in the forefront of my mind,I did a food sensitivity test and a lot of surprises showed up like chicken?mozzarella cheese? Black pepper, other dairy was fine but gluten, yeast,bran and other stuff showed up,so while I can't avoid all these foods I think eliminating breads will help,I hope
Old 03-06-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Winslow- I get overwhelmed at the grocery store too. So many choices and they rearrange the shelfs all the time!

I think that is great you are trying new things to make you feel better. I know a lot of people have went gluten free. I think it is great you are starting off slow and finding the recipes you like. Any type of change is hard at first!
Old 03-06-2017, 02:04 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

It's hard Midwest, I'm starting to think maybe I should wait on making too extreme of a diet change, I had an eating disorder long before the alcohol problems and today I felt obsessed with what I was/wasn't eating baby steps I guess, the most important thing is to stay AF,everything else can wait for a bit
Old 03-07-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Winslow- You are right staying AF is most important right now. You can always work on other things later! It can be overwhelming there is so much conflicting information on what we should be eating and what we shouldn't. I seen on tv this morning that a new study says soy is okay for women and doesn't increase your risk for breast cancer that it may even be helpful in some cases. So it changes so much! lol
Old 03-16-2017, 03:28 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I went on a binge today, wtf,Is wrong with this poor soul? Can I move this to the secular section? I'm not sure how to do that
Old 03-16-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

It would probably be easier to start a new thread there winslow?
I'm sorry you drank - what do you think stops you from reaching out here for help?

D
Old 11-08-2018, 07:36 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I'm back

Wow,so much to get caught up on here and getting around the site,,seems different,,will be back after work
Old 11-08-2018, 03:21 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back winslow - hows it going?

D
Old 11-09-2018, 02:29 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Hey Winslow, welcome back!
Old 11-09-2018, 05:32 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Can't believe its been so long since I was here last! Was looking at the date I posted last and I'm surprised,,things are different since then May 2017 my baby brother killed himself,he was only 29,lots of grief dealing with that and I stayed sober,,,until I didn't,since then its been a few months sober then a few days drinking,then back sober again I'm tired of the whirlwind and I need to be more proactive in this,its not a game it isn't fun,I'm certainly not getting any younger I turned 45 last month,defo not a kiddo anymore,also have another little g-son who is 10 months old and he and the 5 year old boy are the loves of my life! I love having a great relationship with them but if I drink I don't see them cuz I don't want them seeing me,day 12 here and I'm keeping it going this time,I have to! Thank you for the welcome back