Notices

I'm not doing well

Old 10-25-2016, 04:20 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

My best thoughts and prayers your way.
Don't give up. If half the time it works, you may as well be in that half.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Oh man, Algo. Sorry about this heavy news. If you can, try to latch on to positive thoughts as much as able. There is only so much you can do right now and try not to worry about the rest. Sounds like you have a very caring Dr....that can really make a difference. Hang in there....we're here for you....
Old 10-25-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Algorithm, I'm sorry for your difficult news. I don't know exactly how one fights something like this, either ... except to be very kind to oneself and focus on the positives as much as you can. 50% is not bad odds ... there's every reason to believe it will heal. You're a very strong person, and absolutely you will get through this. But lean on us too, we're here for you.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:05 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's not the best news to receive..I'm sorry.

Still wishing you the best Algorithm...hopefully this stimulant treatment will work spectacularly well for you

D
Old 10-26-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Algorithm, I'm sorry about your news, but on the other hand, as others above have said, the 50% odds aren't as bad as they could have been. At least your doctor has recommended the six week window for no weight-bearing/stimulant therapy; so there is a hope that the necrosis won't extend and may perhaps, recede.

I'm no Pollyanna, but I do believe that when I followed the advice of one consultant, to extend my non-weight bearing period (against the advice of another, that the recovery was as good as it got) that the eventual outcome was far superior than had I weight-borne earlier. Although I do realise how frustrating it can be and hope there aren't any employment implications.

You are a shining example of a non-drinker.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Sorry it's not good news, Algorithm. Sounds like a hard thing to do, to just sit and wait.

Try and stay hopeful.

Pulling for you, and still hoping for the best.

I can imagine it's a helpless, sort of odd feeling, not being able to do much in the interim. I faced this when I was waiting for my jaw surgery. And you are strong, you can focus your mind on good things. Reading might be a good idea to focus on something else.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I received the bone stimulator today, and I used it for the first time. I hope this thing works, because if it doesn't, I'm in trouble.

I really need a miracle, it would seem.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Still hoping for the best here, Algorithm
Old 11-10-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Algorithm, I hope things start looking up for you soon. Sending you thoughts of healing and good health your way.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hoping for the miracle as well Algorithm.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

it sounds like you're doing all you can do, and so are the doctors.
doing all that's possible is what is possible. yes, I know that' obvious, but sometimes it needs repeating.
hang in, keep giving it your best shot. and I'm sending best wishes.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I received an follow-up appointment reminder today for Tuesday of this upcoming week with the orthopedic surgeon. I'm hoping that he sees some sign of life from the x-rays, instead of "it doesn't look good" like the last time.

Rather difficult to stay positive. We really don't know what we have until we are close to losing it. I just want to keep my foot and to be able to walk again.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hey Algorithm

Just to say I'll be sending good wishes your way. You've given me a lot of great advice in my thread, and you are clearly strong and determined and inspirational. I'll be continuing to wish the best result for you.

Edit - just keep eating well and doing as advised (which you're obviously doing). It sounds like the surgeons haven't given up hope at all and you have some fair chances, so keep the spirits up! (Eh - pun not intended..)
Old 11-25-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi Algorithm,

Read your post for the first time. Wishing you all of the very best, and that your ankle repairs enough for you to walk. I took a bit of hope in one of the earlier posts which talked of fusion being successful in the case of a friend. If this is the outcome for you, wish you the same success. You are very strong and brave. I thank you.
Old 11-25-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really pleased to really the prognosis is a little better this time. I really hope that continues Algorithm

D
Old 11-25-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Algorithm, you've done everything you can to aid your ankle's recovery. Therefore, I'm sure that you'll receive favourable news next Tuesday.

After all, the surgeon's prognosis' are but guesstimates.

I was out of action last year. Fractured foot, prognosis poor, but I came through it, to a sound result. I feel a little guilty and it saddens me to add, that I was drinking at the time, in tandem with taking the various vitamin, mineral, and food supplements recommended.

Thankfully, you don't have that problem and can concentrate on eating and drinking to aid your recovery, thereby doing your very best to secure a favourable outcome. I so hope you have good news next week, Algorithm.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I hope you get good news, Algorithm. We're all pulling for you.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

All pulling for Algorithm
Old 11-25-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

(((Algorithm)))

My heart is bursting with sending vibes out that you get some good news. I'm so sorry you are going through all this and hope things can improve for your poor ankle! Much support and positive thoughts sent your way!
Old 11-25-2016, 08:11 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hang in there Algorithm! I understand that this is a very serious condition with an uncertain outcome. But try to be strong. Life so rarely goes the way we plan. The best we can do is roll with the punches and play the hand we're dealt.

Hopefully the bone will respond to treatment!