Notices

*Ring Ring* Weekender August 12th Part 2

Old 08-16-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Gone 11pm here I am going to have to retire for the night soon

Workwise I am going to the Royal Greenwich Observatory tomorrow - the actual working part of it, which is in Cambridge now. The old observatory in Greenwich itself is just a museum although the prime meridian is still there of course
Old 08-16-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post

Later, Mr. and Mrs. Mesa went for a bike ride:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKDfOQCo5tM
Old 08-16-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
saoutchik

One of my Karaoke standards Venny, although I "sing" the Sacha Distel version as it is easier to disguise my lack of singing ability with a French accent. I had better check - has anyone in the US heard of Sacha Distel? Huge in France and popular in the UK in the 1960s

I have no costume pic like Mesa or perm like Marty but this photo is a 15 on the cusp of 16 Saoutchik. Some sort of feather cut maybe? It is from the long hot summer of 1976. I have no idea why I am squinting. The car is my friends Hillman Hunter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160816_233048.jpg (47.3 KB, 60 views)
Old 08-16-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Ripped from the pages of "British Teen Heartthrobs"! Look at that hair!
Old 08-16-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sao, I think that was more of a wink than a squint!

Heard this on the way home tonight and immediately thought of young Sao and that sexy picture....

https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U
Old 08-16-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Lol Venny!

Have fun in Cambridge Sao!
Old 08-16-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Haha, brynn - that song's perfect.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Wow!

Lotsa good stuff goin' on here while I was out not molesting Fish. Not even a bite. Didn't care one whit bc Retirement Life. MesaDog had a good time schnortin' around, and it's all about him having fun.

Poifect Vid, Ven! Looks like some of the Scenery around here, actually.

I had a fine Geek Afternoon at Greenwich, Sao. Science in the making. May Traffic, or the Trains, treat you well. The 'Desert Trip' festival in Coachella is not on our Itinerary. Hopefully, a DVD Set will capture the whole thing from the comfort of this Italian Lounge Chair.

Apparently, some change in Flash is why You Tube Vids aren't posting correctly.

With MesaMate's Birthday tomorrow, I got her a Card with a Golden Retriever on it today; along with Chicken Wings for Dinner, and Roses. I called it 'The Day Of Wings & Roses'. I jacked some bottled Thai Wing Sauce with Hot Sauce; Garlic; and lotsa Black Pepper. She was thrilled with it all. Her present is an Afternoon at one of several Hot Springs nearby while I float around with my Water Wings inflated. She's currently Lovin' Life while watching Brazil pummel China in Women's Volleyball.

The innards of an ancient Volcano - Needle Rock - is the Pic below I took today. That's real Ranch Fencing, that. A Cedar Post, and way-old Barbed Wire. Joe Cocker's lil ~17,000 sq. ft. Mansion/Ranch was just on the other side of it. So, I'll put up the obvious Woodstock Song; my Theme Song to my invaluable SR Pals here.

- 'With A Little Help From My Friends' ~ Joe Cocker ~ Woodstock -

Old 08-16-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Gorgeous picture, MM.

I'm having a quiet day today. Not bad, just quiet. I need that sometimes, being an introvert and all. Went and had a pedicure after work, then had some wings and a salad at the supper club. I wish my wings had the Casa Mesa treatment, but they were tasty anyway. Teriyaki action. Couple of laughs with the regulars at the restaurant, then home to do laundry and take care of some other house business. Good day overall.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:10 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Fantastic photo, Mesa.

Marty, I find a lot of comfort in the quietness of life. It is the introversion, I'm sure.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Trying to figure out how this works

Hi friends.

I'm a mom. Still using. Just alcohol. 2yr old and 5 yr old kiddos. "high functioning". Whatever. I have a great job in digital marketing. But I struggle. This is a great forum. I'm super confused as to how to use this site. My marketing brain wants me to help ya'll and my hurting self needs some help too. Anyhow. Not even sure where this goes once I post it. But I'd love to get some advice.

My husband drinks too. I am sober during the week (he is not). We are nice drunks...but can be better parents. Especially me. Anyone been here. It's definitely going down (not up). Everything besides our careers. It sucks.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Welcome Amy!
You'll find lots of fantastic information and support here! Read a lot and post any time. This is a very good place!

I am super bummed this evening. Ordered some things online, UPS says delivered today at 2pm. Nothing.
I've never had problems with packages being pilfered at my front door, so I'm hoping it just got delivered to the incorrect address.
Sent an inquiring email.
We shall see.

Oh, and got my braces tightened yesterday and ortho said a few more adjustments and then maybe they come off. A few more means 3 to 4 months.

And, it's super hot outside.

I guess I'm having a crap week.
But in the grand scheme of things, life is still pretty amazing, right?
Old 08-16-2016, 09:19 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Hi Amy! You've got to start someplace and this is a fine place to start. Also try the class of august 2016...that might be good for you. We are a friendly bunch and you are very welcome here.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:26 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Olive...I hope your package shows up. I'm always afraid that might happen.
I'm the only person I know who can stress out so much over a knitting project. I finished all the knitting today and now I have to sew all the pieces together. I really bit off more than I could chew with this sweater. It's cardigan with buttons and a hood. I messed up the button holes and I don't have a clue how to attach the hood. I may have to go to my knitting store this weekend for some help. From now on I'll stick to easier patterns.
Ok...I'm going to try to get to sleep. I hope everyone is doing ok...I got behind on the thread.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:49 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Amy

If you need help with posting your own thread let me know

I hate it when that happens Olive - hopefully it's a mistake

D
Old 08-16-2016, 11:00 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Amy & good morning everyone x
Old 08-16-2016, 11:03 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone

Welcome to Weekenders Amy

Great photo Mesa, I am sort of pleased that you and MesaMate have not forked out mucho dollars for that gig as I have a suspicion that it won't be as good as it looks on paper (or screen)

I am not supplying the Greenwich Observatory with anything high tech, just some bi lingual signage and some warm weather gear for some project they are participating in at altitude in Chile and the Canary Islands
Old 08-16-2016, 11:42 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Morning all. And welcome to Amy. Xx
Old 08-17-2016, 01:21 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Good morning friends.

Welcome to the weekender's Amy. You will find plenty of support here.

Sounds like an interesting trip Sao. Keep us posted.

Have a great day ahead everyone. I'm not that busy today so I suspect I'll be posting here a little with some of my wacky hi-jinks.

B
Old 08-17-2016, 01:51 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Night everyone. Where is Ruby and SUID? I feel like people are missing?