Notices

*Ring Ring* Weekender August 12th Part 2

Old 08-14-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Hi Everyone,

Finished a little sun worshipping and now trying to cool down before I get on the treadmill. Way too hot and muggy here for a hike.

That's Maine for you, 90s and humid Friday, 60s, cloudy and rainy yesterday and then 90s and humid again today. If you don't like the weather in Maine just wait a minute.

coingod, Forward, and NLass, good going! Glad you found your way in here, this is a great support thread.

Ruby, glad you got to Iowa safely.

Marty and bim, I have tried every year to see the Perseids and two things get in my way. Either rain or sleep!

Ken, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 08-14-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Do your best

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/1...-Him-Affection
Old 08-14-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

What a great post Soberwolf!

Nice message that persistence pays off!!!!
Old 08-14-2016, 01:10 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening friends
Old 08-14-2016, 01:12 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Great post Soberwolf

Hats off to Rubio the persistent dog

90s sound good LadyBlue, we could do with some heat in London (well at least I could)
Old 08-14-2016, 01:34 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone,

Back from my weekend away. And happy to be home.

It was an OK weekend. Not enough time with the friend I visited on Friday evening, too much time with friends after that. Not a bad thing in the world to say about any of the latter, simply that as the years have rolled by, we have less and less in common. Not easy when you spend the day on a boat with them and their respective spouses. And their booze. No one got wasted but it just got a little tiresome. I don't expect, or want, hour upon hour of deep conversation but the endless small talk was a bit taxing.

That's life. I'm fine. And being around the booze wasn't tempting in the slightest.

Hard to catch up but hope this note finds all are well.
Old 08-14-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Glad you're back Venny!

I think it was Olive that said she saw a leaf fall the other day....well, I've seen a few falling this afternoon but I think it's from the scorching heat we've had instead of the beginning of autumn. I can pretend though lol!

Got an invitation to my uncles 80th bday party in Austin in September. He's my favorite uncle but I rarely see him so I'm excited! Not so excited to see some of the cousins, though, but I guess there's no avoiding it. Plus it'll be alcohol free which is an added bonus!
Old 08-14-2016, 01:49 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Evening weekenders.

Welcome back Ven.

Best of luck tomorrow K. We will all be sending you good wishes. You are a very healthy man.

Sounds like everyone is having a nice Sunday.

Took a drive up the mountains early and did some recon for blackberry harvesting. Not that many yet, perhaps in the next few weeks.

Sitting down now to finally watch Making a Murderer. I have been dying to watch it following all of the discussion here.

B
Old 08-14-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Greetings to coingod, Forward, and NorthernLass. Well done on working hard at keeping your weekend sober. It does get easier with the passing of time as you build your sober muscles. My best wishes to you all.

B
Old 08-14-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Night Friends!

I am doing well this fine day. Hungry but it is what it is and I have no problems staying hungry for the right reasons. Nice lemon Italian ice!

OK.. Back to my tv.

Later!
Old 08-14-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Ken

This wolf is going to bed goodnight all x
Old 08-14-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Don't you have to drink that horrible stuff weasel? That's the worst part of a colonoscopy. Ugh.
sounds like everyone is having a good weekend.
Brynn. ..the birthday party sounds great, and isn't it nice that it's alcohol free.
ok...I'm ready for a nap. Swimming laps really tires me out.
geeze....it just started thundering. ...forget the nap! My dogs go crazy.
Old 08-14-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey HaF... Its not terrible stuff. Mixed with Gatorade it's fine. Feel good and ready for bed for tomorrow. Glad to get this done so I know a baseline. Also to check on my Barrett's.

Have a great sleep Wolfie and everyone!
Old 08-14-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

We went out for a fun Dinner last Night with this wild Couple, and various Pals. Some Wine at the far end of the Table, but non-Drinkers around me. Alcohol is all a big *meh* for me now. The Drinkers were older Normies.

My DJ/Sound Engineer Pal peeled off a few of his endless Stories. He was Stage Sound Monitor Mixer for Elton John. 'Precise' Gent that Elton is, he was fastidious about what he heard through the Monitors, and his Sunglasses. In 'Other Duties As Required', my Pal was also in charge of a 6' High - 4' Wide - 4' Deep Case with long Drawers. The contents? ~3,200 Pairs of Elton's Sunglasses. Between groups of Songs, Elton would pop over and get suggestions for which ones to wear next. My Pal became thee Senor of Sunglasses, since his near-clairvoyant recommendations were always a hit with the fawning Young Dudes up front by the Stage. He then had to wipe them down, once worn, in a 3 Step Process like cleaning up Chemistry Glassware. Then, a final Wipe-down with Isopropyl, and store them back in the same spot in this yuge Flight Case. When my Bi-polar Pal is 'up', as he was last Night, you wind up in stitches from his Story delivery. Priceless!

In rearranging Stereo Gear today, I ran across this lil Visitor seen below. Must be a Female, since her Head was on straight!

And, delayed Kudos to you as well, Forward. Sorry that I missed your Post this Morning. The best thing about the early Days of Sobriety? They eventually end.

Old 08-14-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Weas, good luck tomorrow. The prep is the worst part. I was out like a light for mine.

Brynn, disappointing to report I had a shredded pork sandwich with Cole slaw on it, beans and some cotton candy. Didn't go crazy on the fried food. The pork was fresh but kinda bland.

I'm sitting and relaxing now. Long day.
Old 08-14-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Cool story, Mesa!

I just got home from work, it was an easy day today.
I'm gonna chill out and relax, and then figure out dinner.

No news is good news!
Old 08-14-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Spent the morning re-acquainting myself with my chainsaw. Spent the afternoon hauling away all the tree limbs and brush we cut down. Five trailer-loads full to the city mulching center. I'm exhausted. Chicken nuggets, broccoli and boxed noodles for dinner tonight is the best I can do.

Still good to have it all done. Peace all!
Old 08-14-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Elton - The Artist Formerly Known as Reg. He is the Imelda Marcos of sunglasses

I am unable to stay awake long enough for the 100 metres Final. Shame as I have not watched much of the Olympics and we seem to be doing OK

Definite Sunday night blues as I am back to work tomorrow. Have to keep the wolf from the door
Old 08-14-2016, 04:08 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good luck tomorrow Ken!

Melina, you deserved an easy day! xo

Mesa...so cool! (The bug and the Elton John stories)

Ruby, cotton candy is my absolute favorite and a must have at any fair! Wish I had some right now ha!

Can't believe it's almost Monday again. I'm determined not to let the thought of it rob me of a good Sunday night!
xo
Old 08-14-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sao, we'll all get through Monday together.